Mini Buggy

Dakhar

Folks, because I can not afford the car I used to drive in the states (M3) and because I can not afford to purchase the car I would like to own now (Nissan GT-R) in Thailand.

I am thinking that a about a mini buggy for an alternative source of fun.

Is there a source for these in Thailand? If so, where & approximate costs.

I live in Rangsit, Klong 6 and there are trails upon trails/dirt roads all over out here to have fun on.

So I was thinking a mini buggy could be fun, and much more affordable than a "car."

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Dakhar

It is what is known as a dune buggy or a bush buggy in Oz . They are based on a VW floor pan ,suspension and engine.. although I have seen a few with nissan 4 cyl engines.

There are a few fibreglass bodies made in Oz to do this conversion. I am sure you could Google up something about them.

Just had a quick look ....Google VW dune buggy and eat your heart out... :o

Folks, because I can not afford the car I used to drive in the states (M3) and because I can not afford to purchase the car I would like to own now (Nissan GT-R) in Thailand.

I am thinking that a about a mini buggy for an alternative source of fun.

Is there a source for these in Thailand? If so, where & approximate costs.

I live in Rangsit, Klong 6 and there are trails upon trails/dirt roads all over out here to have fun on.

So I was thinking a mini buggy could be fun, and much more affordable than a "car."

Thanks for the help.

yes there were some for sale on nuachan rd imports from china.If you go down to bira circuit theres a couple down there in the pit area,maybe ask around ,they could be for sale secondhand...

Sorry I can't view youtube on my connection, but I believe you may find something similar to what you are talking about being used as an attraction at the Chiang Mai X-Centre. They were recently used in an episode of Amazing Race Asia.

The buggies are imported from China and available in various configurations. Contact Ian at the X-Centre and I am sure he would give you some information. It is my understanding that they checked with local authorities and were told they would not be allowed, legally, on city streets.

It is what is known as a dune buggy or a bush buggy in Oz . They are based on a VW floor pan ,suspension and engine.. although I have seen a few with nissan 4 cyl engines.

There are a few fibreglass bodies made in Oz to do this conversion. I am sure you could Google up something about them.

Just had a quick look ....Google VW dune buggy and eat your heart out... :o

Those dune buggies and VW conversions and sand rails are the old school..

Now they just have them made in china..