Building Contractor Recommendations

I have finally arrived and managed to get some things sorted out in the nearly 3 months I have been in Bangkok. It is good to be here. Yet, the condo we own and have been renting out, whilst not too bad, could certainly do with some attention from a reliable contractor who would sand down some water marks on the walls where a couple of leaks have taken place over the years, replace wood-work affect by water from the a/c unit, generally re-paint all the walls/ceiling, instal new lighting, varnish wood-work, etc..... In other words give the place a 'face-lift'.

Therefore I would be very grateful if anyone would be able to suggest reliable contractors in the Sukhumvit area who could come round when I am at work and meet with my Thai wife to give quotes to. If I was present would it be the case that the quote would likely increase, or have I got it wrong?

Many thanks for any leads that may help get the place back in chap. It would be nice to know the recommended firms actually completed jobs to a high standard, so any feedback on what to do and not do would be welcome.

Cheers!

Replying to myself, but there you go..... Looks like this topic is a no go and nobody has any experience with external contractors in BKK/Thailand. Why do I say this?

1) On a quick search before my post I didn't have much luck with finding any answers with the search option.

2) Think I posted on the incorrect forum, so no surprise with the lack of feedback.

3) Conducted a more detailed search due to the lack of replies and noted that on the DIY forum a couple of similar posts have been made and no replies were received.

Hence good contractors must be like gold-dust here or everyone wants to keep the ones they know a secret :o

I hope someone will be abe to share their secret.

Thanks

Hi there, my wife's family owns a medium sized construction business that deals with remodeling office, shop houses and condos been doing it for 25 years now. I am sure they can squeeze a small project like yours into their schedule. They recently redid our whole kitchen and living room. Also repainted my fence, gate, and front walls of my house which I can send pictures. Their prices are very reasonable and many referrals available as they are located near sukhumvit, actually located in Dia Daeng which is next door. Anyhow shoot me an email and maybe I can have them come in to take a look with a quote.