Whoa...

melus

Don't always believe what you see on that page. Just the other day it showed that all links were down, even though everybody could connect fine. The capacity is also pretty misleading, as it changes (up and down) sporadically.

Anyways, an increase in their international bandwidth doesn't neccessarily mean that your ADSL connection will improve. They've done it quite often this year, and while total international bandwidth has doubled, real throughput for us customers has deteriorated. I would think the share ratio won't change, and that the majority of the new bandwidth would go to new customers and corporate connections.

It looks like the bandwidth between the entire true client base to the internet is only slightly above the speed I use between my PC and laptop (gigabit ethernet)!!! That is not good. They must be selling much more bandwidth than they are capable of delivering and each new customer just over saturates their connection that much more.

AOL in the USA had a problem like this years ago. They were sued by their customers and ordered to stop signing up new customers until they could handle their existing customer load. Needless to say, after the court order they fixed their capacity issues real quickly.