Internet Connection Timer Software

Ken

Wondering if anyone is using any internet connection software that keeps track of time spent on the internet? I've done some google searching and there are many available, some free, some shareware. I'm specifically looking for something to keep track of internet time and doesn't have to be anything elaborate, but then again could be. I've downloaded something called "Internet Usage Monitor v7.7" from "gauravcreations", the free version at the moment. It seems to be doing what I want, but would like to know if anybody has any good experience with this one or any others?

If you have Windows XP, you can have an icon for your connection in the taks bar and double clicking it will bring up a window which has status and other information about your connection, one of which is connect time for that session.

If you have Windows XP, you can have an icon for your connection in the taks bar and double clicking it will bring up a window which has status and other information about your connection, one of which is connect time for that session.

:o Thanks "paulr" and I do have Windows XP. However that icon has been around a long time, so yes I'm aware of it, but I'm looking for something to keep track of my connection time on a "monthly basis". For example, in a couple of months my "unlimited" AIS time will run out and I will have 200 hours per month of free time and then charged 1 baht per minute of anything over the 200 hours. Not that I'm expecting to go over the 200 anyway, I would like to keep track of the on line time "just in case" I get carried away on TV. :D

Hi there. I think this is what you are talking about. I have a programme running on my laptop with Windows XP. DU Meter is an award winning utility from Hagel Technologies that provides an accurate account of the data which is flowing through your computer's network connection at any given moment. This readout is presented in both numerical and graphical format, in real time. DU Meter includes extensive logging facility, flexible events system, and more. It supports Windows 95/98/NT4/2000 and XP! DU Meter works with virtually all types of network connections: phone modems, DSL, cable modem, LAN, satellite, and more.

http://www.dumeter.com/

Cheers

Peter

Edited by RDN

Hi there. I think this is what you are talking about. I have a programme running on my laptop with Windows XP. DU Meter is an award winning utility from Hagel Technologies that provides an accurate account of the data which is flowing through your computer's network connection at any given moment. This readout is presented in both numerical and graphical format, in real time. DU Meter includes extensive logging facility, flexible events system, and more. It supports Windows 95/98/NT4/2000 and XP! DU Meter works with virtually all types of network connections: phone modems, DSL, cable modem, LAN, satellite, and more.

http://www.dumeter.com/

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Peter:

I'll give it a try and see if it looks better than what I currently have. I'll let you know what I think after the "30 day trial period". :o

Edited by RDN