Anyone Have The Routing Number For Kasikornbank?

My US bank (USAA) does not deal with swift codes (at least not on their online website, maybe different if I called them).

So, to wire transfer money to kasikornbank, I need its routing # (sometimes called an ABA #).

Anyone have it? I've been googling like crazy and cant seem to come up with it.

Thanks

My US bank (USAA) does not deal with swift codes (at least not on their online website, maybe different if I called them).

So, to wire transfer money to kasikornbank, I need its routing # (sometimes called an ABA #).

Anyone have it? I've been googling like crazy and cant seem to come up with it.

Thanks

I am 99% sure all you need is the swift which is in these threads.

I am not even sure a Thai bank has a routing number??

Good Luck

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Xfer-United-...rn-t118125.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Retirement-V...wal-t24517.html

PS: you probably saw this?

Kasikorn transfers

Edited by flying

After more Googling, I found out what you guys already know (I'm new here!); that routing numbers are strictly a USA bank think. Thai banks dont have them, just use swift codes.

Unfortunately, for those of us with US banks and want to transfer money the simple way, online on our banks website 99% of them only give you the option to input a routing #, no swift code space.

So I guess I'll have call the bank and work something out.

Thanks guys.

PS. In case that fails, what are some other ways to send money to a thai savings account? Anything like a PayPal type thing?

Unfortunately, for those of us with US banks and want to transfer money the simple way, online on our banks website 99% of them only give you the option to input a routing #, no swift code space.

Is it possible to do International transfers via web from any bank in the USA?

I know you can via western union but it costs & has a limit 2k I think?

I have transferred funds to Kasikornbank from US and UK banks using Swift codes without poblem, and whilst I have not been able to do it on line a quick phone call quickly sorted it. On my last transaction from the UK the funds were in my Thai account about 30 minutes after I organised the transaction and cost me about $35,

The Swift code for Kasikornbank is KASITHBK.

Apologies for nitpicking; but its wise to pad remaining spaces with X's to be 11 chars ie.

KASITHBKXXX

(All SWIFT Codes must be eleven characters,any blank spaces must fill with X's)

While main SWIFT code is KASITHBKXXX , some specific Kasikornbank branches do have their own SWIFT codes as below(depends on your purpose & how fast you want funds to be received in KBANK - maybe 1 -3 days or more):

SWIFT CODE Branch name/City

KASITHB10BS SONGKHLA

KASITHBKCHM (CHIANGMAI CENTRE) CHIANGMAI

KASITHBKCUS (CUSTODIAN SERVICE DIVISION) BANGKOK

KASITHBKFMD (FUND MANAGEMENT DEPT) BANGKOK

KASITHBKHDY (HADYAI CENTRE) HADYAI

KASITHBKIBF (BANGKOK INTERNATIONAL BANKING FACILITY) BANGKOK

KASITHBKLAM (LAEMCHABANG CENTRE) CHOLBURI

KASITHBKNAV (NAVANAKORN CENTRE) PATHUMTANI

KASITHBKOMT (FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND REMITTANCE DEPT) BANGKOK

KASITHBKPHA (PHAHONYOTHIN CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKRAJ (RATBURANA CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKSIL (SILOM CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKSKS (BANGKHUNTHIAN CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKSPA (SUAPA CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKSUK (SUKHUMVIT CENTRE) BANGKOK

Indi

Edited by Indi

I both wire and EFT money to Thailand from my USAA bank account. My Thai account is with Bangkok Bank -- and they have a New York branch, with an ABA (routing) number. So, thru this branch I'm able to EFT money to Thailand striclty via the Internet and keystrokes. But, I don't know if Kasikorn bank has a similar setup.

However, while EFTs are cheaper ($10), they take several days longer, while SWIFT transfers normally only take one business day, in my experience. On USAA's website you'll find directions -- and the format -- for sending a SWIFT wire transfer. You can fax this info in, or talk each line through with an agent (very tedious). The third option is to establish a template(s) with all the required info on it. Then, when you want to wire, just call USAA (they even have a toll free number in Thailand), give them the name of your template and the amount you want to wire, and that's it.

It cost $35. But for large amounts (>$10,000), even factoring in the 500 baht charge from Bangkok Bank (Kasikorn probably has similar), you're only about .2% off the TT rate received. (My USAA ATM card is almost 1.4% off the TT rate, so that's pretty much in the drawer these days.)

• 2 months later...
Apologies for nitpicking; but its wise to pad remaining spaces with X's to be 11 chars ie.

KASITHBKXXX

(All SWIFT Codes must be eleven characters,any blank spaces must fill with X's)

While main SWIFT code is KASITHBKXXX , some specific Kasikornbank branches do have their own SWIFT codes as below(depends on your purpose & how fast you want funds to be received in KBANK - maybe 1 -3 days or more):

SWIFT CODE Branch name/City

KASITHB10BS SONGKHLA

KASITHBKCHM (CHIANGMAI CENTRE) CHIANGMAI

KASITHBKCUS (CUSTODIAN SERVICE DIVISION) BANGKOK

KASITHBKFMD (FUND MANAGEMENT DEPT) BANGKOK

KASITHBKHDY (HADYAI CENTRE) HADYAI

KASITHBKIBF (BANGKOK INTERNATIONAL BANKING FACILITY) BANGKOK

KASITHBKLAM (LAEMCHABANG CENTRE) CHOLBURI

KASITHBKNAV (NAVANAKORN CENTRE) PATHUMTANI

KASITHBKOMT (FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND REMITTANCE DEPT) BANGKOK

KASITHBKPHA (PHAHONYOTHIN CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKRAJ (RATBURANA CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKSIL (SILOM CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKSKS (BANGKHUNTHIAN CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKSPA (SUAPA CENTRE) BANGKOK

KASITHBKSUK (SUKHUMVIT CENTRE) BANGKOK

Indi

Thanks very much indeed for this. I was having trouble getting a transfer in and called the hot line this morning. They both the operator and supervisor knew nothing of the new codes insisting I use KASITHBK only. There is nothing on their web site either? I've instructed my people in Aus to use KASITHBKXXX as that was one of the available options on the list Commonwealth Business Banking provided along with the other listed here.

• 2 weeks later...

After many emails and phone call to and from KasikornBank they came up with this:

Dear Mr. bdenner,

Please kindly be informed that after we have consulted with the Related Department, we would like to recommend you to use “KASITHBK” because the Swift Code which you sent to us in the previous e-mail is the code of International Trade. The Swift takes the time within 1 day after you do the transaction already. bla bla bla

Well I give up on them. My people in Australia did not have the KASITHBK option listed for an online transaction and used KASITHBKXXX which worked overnight. AND I finished up with a 23.21 x-rate which was 11% better than 7 weeks ago. Not good but I was a little happier.