Transferring Baht O/s

SoloFlyer

Which is a good bank/branch in CM to use for transferring Baht from a local bank account to overseas??

Some say it cant be done, but I've heard there's some kind of form which simplifies the process.

If anybody has done this recently, would appreciate a brief run-down of the steps involved. And any tips to avoid charges/conversion fees et. al.

-----------

a beer or three for most useful response.

From my experience, western union is quick but the commission is high plus they take out 2 baht per euro. The commission for sending from Europe to Thailand is approx. 77.50 euro for sending money 2000 euro

52 euro for sending 1300 euro

34.5 euro for sending 650 euro

27.5 euro for sending 400 euro

I think it depend on from where you are sending.

And in a country in Europe there is a bank the name is Agenta bank, when you have account with this bank and when you go to Thailand, you can take money from ATM and no fee charge, and the exchange rate is same at the time you take money. I sent also money from Agenta bank to bank in Thailand (you need SWIFT code from the bank in Thailand) and pay a few euro for fee charge,will take time 3-5 days for money arrive. Many of my friends they open account with this bank and give ATM card to family in Thailand to use it like normal ATM card in Thailand and no fee charge when withdraw.

I thought this was a good question from the OP as the answer could be useful for future reference. So I did a search and came up with very little information except that it can be done. The one thing I did notice was that anytime this question was asked, there was a lot of answers on how to bring money into Thailand and few on how to take it out.

Bring money into Thailand take money out not same same :o

I have transferred funds from my Kasikorn Bank account to bank accounts in Europe and the USA without any problem at all. Cost: 1400 Baht to make the transfer, IBAN (Europe) or routing code (USA). The funds can be sent as Thai Baht or exchanged into the currency of the country you are making the wire transfer to. Up to you.

Thx all.

Wouldn't think of going near WU though. How much would they take out per mill baht??

Tom, thx for the research, pitty no results.

Elec,

1. Which branch, and do you have a name of person who can tell me straight up everything involved - I know if i went into my local branch it'd take several trips and i'd probabbly still find hidden fees?

2. I presume better to xchange to baht here - rates wise??

3. Is that 1400b fee regardless of the amount?? - my local charges per 100k just to transfer between diff banks here in Thailand.

Appreciated...

Thx all.

Wouldn't think of going near WU though. How much would they take out per mill baht??

Tom, thx for the research, pitty no results.

Elec,

1. Which branch, and do you have a name of person who can tell me straight up everything involved - I know if i went into my local branch it'd take several trips and i'd probabbly still find hidden fees?

2. I presume better to xchange to baht here - rates wise??

3. Is that 1400b fee regardless of the amount?? - my local charges per 100k just to transfer between diff banks here in Thailand.

Appreciated...

You can only make an International transfer from a main branch like Tha Phae or Chang Klan. Just walk in and ask for the form for International money transfer. You will need your passport and Kasikorn bank card. I don't have a name but it is not an unusual request. They give the rate of exchange as posted. Yes, I would exchange there. 1400 Baht regardless of the amount.

Cheers