Question Re. Non-b Visa Requirements & "lock Work Permit"

I have had a work permit and several non-Immigrant B work visas for the past 2 years. I spend 4 months in Thailand every winter and apply for a new visa every year and my employer renews the work permit when I return to Thailand. Last year my employer's legal consultant sent me a "Lock work permit"document which I sent to the Thai consul when applying for my visa. This year I am applying again and want to know if I can use the same "Lock work permit" as last year or if I need a new one to send with my visa application.

Thanks.

I have had a work permit and several non-Immigrant B work visas for the past 2 years. I spend 4 months in Thailand every winter and apply for a new visa every year and my employer renews the work permit when I return to Thailand. Last year my employer's legal consultant sent me a "Lock work permit"document which I sent to the Thai consul when applying for my visa. This year I am applying again and want to know if I can use the same "Lock work permit" as last year or if I need a new one to send with my visa application.

Thanks.

Interesting - never heard of it; could you please post a scan of this document?

Thanks.

Interesting - never heard of it; could you please post a scan of this document?

errolwaltzer.jpg

post-15433-1222191919_thumb.jpg

This is only a receipt that an application for WP or WP extension has been submitted. The 100Baht is actully for the Form WP5

This receipt can be used for a visa application together with a copy of the current WP if any. If the WP has been approved for at least one year (see page 5 of WP) the "lock WP" means that the Labour department puts your application for extension on hold (suspend the WP) until you get back with a new visa as long as you get back while the WP remains within the approved period.

Note there is a difference between WP approval (which is mostly 1 year) and validation which matches your current visa status.

opalhort

EDIT: forgot to mention that, yes you will need a new receipt of the type shown for each new visa application.

Edited by opalhort