Immigration Police Arrest Suspected English Drug Dealer.

Pattaya_Fox

Immigration Police arrest suspected English drug dealer.

On Monday Evening, Police Colonel Itipon, the Chief of Pattaya’s Immigration Unit instructed his officers to serve an arrest warrant on an English National known to be residing here in Pattaya. The target, Mr. Raymond Pearson aged 57 from Doncaster in England was arrested at the Pattaya Plaza Condotel following a tip-off. He was served with warrant number 113/2551 issued by the Criminal Court based on information from the Narcotics Suppression Bureau. The warrant stated that the accused is allegedly involved in distribution and possession of the class 5 drug Marijuana. Mr. Pearson, a retired Police Officer ,remained silent during the processing by the Immigration Police who later transferred him to Narcotics Suppression Officers for transportation to Bangkok where he will appear in Court later this week.

Pattaya One News

Tuesday 23rd September 2008.

post-15964-1222172323_thumb.jpg

230908_4.jpg

Former Policeman Caught in Pattaya

Immigration Police, led by Police Colonel Ittipol Ittisarnronnachai raided a room at the Plaza Condominiums, Central Pattaya on the afternoon of the 22nd September.

There they arrested former police officer Raymond Pearson, 57, from Doncaster, England to be charged with the dealing and distribution of Class 5 drug Marijuana.

Pearson is a known drug dealer in Thailand and was on the wanted list; a warrant was issued by the Drug Suppression Department since 19th August for his arrest.

He was finally tracked down in Pattaya and then detained at Immigration and the British Consul in Pattaya has been notified of the incident.

- Pattaya People

you can ask him ,he will be out in about a week if hes lucky(and they accept his payoff ok)

as an ex copper he should know better..................i mean he should know better on how not to get caught,the <deleted>

he dont look the typical drug dealer ,more like the typical paedophile...ooops sorry officer. i did wonder what coppers do when they retire,now i know.

pattaya is a funny old place........full of allsorts of weirdos,nutters,scammers,bank robbers,ex sas(thats right sure!!),druggies,alcoholics,perverts etc etc,and im not teling you which category im in

Lots of questions here:

Why was he arrested by the immigration police for a narcotics offence, were the offences in other countries and he is subject to extradition or has his visa expired?

Why say he is a known drugs dealer, does he have past convictions or is he presumed guilty unless proved otherwise?

Do not get me wrong here, I do not condone drugs dealers their greed & vial trade causes much misery to many.

BB

The information is rather scant on this guy. Usually they catch them with a stash of drugs, but not in this case. I hope someone keeps us posted, be interesting to see what's really going on and the outcome.

pattaya is a funny old place........full of allsorts of weirdos,nutters,scammers,bank robbers,ex sas(thats right sure!!),druggies,alcoholics,perverts etc etc,and im not teling you which category im in

Rob I was out the other night with an ex. member of 21 SAS, a retired Spy Chief ~ CIA, a member of the DEA and a Navy Seal. All of us were sat at the same table. :o

I told them I was a Plumber and they did not believe me lol.

Lots of questions here:

Why was he arrested by the immigration police for a narcotics offence, were the offences in other countries and he is subject to extradition or has his visa expired?

Why say he is a known drugs dealer, does he have past convictions or is he presumed guilty unless proved otherwise?

The information is rather scant on this guy. Usually they catch them with a stash of drugs, but not in this case. I hope someone keeps us posted, be interesting to see what's really going on and the outcome.

a few answers... apparently he was mailing pot overseas from Thailand...

*please forgive the editing I've done on this article as, good Lord, the writing was abysmal and it was barely readable in it's unedited version...the link to the unedited version is provided below*

pic1-2.jpg

PATTAYA POLICE ARREST FORMER ENGLISH POLICEMAN AS A DRUG DEALER

The Narcotic Suppression Bureau [NSB] cooperated with top officials, who have ordered that the area be cleaned of criminal drug dealers. The police will mount an intensive search for the drug dealers to be brought to justice.

At 3:30 pm on September 22, 2008, Police Colonel Ittipol Ittisanronachai, Immigration police superintendent, Pattaya, and Police Major Tanapat Promsook, Immigration police inspector, along with a police team searched Room No. 1132 of the Pattaya Plaza Condominium, located on Sukhumvit road, Soi Heaven, Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi, and arrested an Englishman, Mr. Raymond Pearson, for possessing and distributing illicit drugs.

Police Colonel Ittipol revealed that the Narcotic Suppression Bureau [NSB] had requested the cooperation of the Pattaya Immigration police to arrest Mr. Raymond Pearson for possessing and distributing illicit drugs after the NSB reported that he had been hiding in Pattaya.

After amassing enough evidence, and with the search warrant issued from the NSB, Pattaya Immigration police and Pattaya police investigators raided Mr. Raymond Pearson's room and brought him to the police station.

Police revealed that Mr. Pearson is facing the accusation of running an illegal drug business by sending marijuana from Thailand to overseas by mail, according to NSB records.

Mr. Pearson, a former English policeman, denied the accusation and only said he was retired from working because he had a health problem and that he was now living in Thailand with his Thai wife.

After the investigation, Mr. Pearson was sent to the NSB immediately.

- Pattaya Daily News

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000007334

Thai drug mail scam probed

Published Date: 30 September 2008

A FORMER Doncaster man has been arrested in Thailand on suspicion of running a 'mail order' drug smuggling operation.

Raymond Pearson, who is reported to have told Thai drugs squad officers he is a retired policeman, was picked up after a planned raid at his apartment in the resort of Pattaya.

The 57-year-old is alleged to have been sending quantities of marijuana through the post. The destination has not been disclosed.

Officers from Thailand's Narcotic Suppression Bureau swooped on Pearson's home at the Pattaya Plaza Condominium last week after gathering evidence against him.

After his arrest and being taken to a local police station he was accused of running a drugs business by sending dried marijuana to overseas addresses by post.

Pearson, who denies the accusation and declined to answer questions, told the Thai officers he used to be a police officer in Britain and retired on health grounds.

He has sought advice from the British Embassy in Bangkok. He is believed to have been living in Thailand for some time after marrying a Thai woman.

It is not known which force he served with but South Yorkshire Police say he is not one of their former officers.

A spokesman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London said today: "We can confirm a British national was arrested on suspicion of dealing drugs in Pattaya on September 22 and has asked for temporary assistance from the British Consul."

Pattaya is one of the most popular resorts in south-east Asia and has been transformed from a fishing village into an urban jungle with super highways, high-rise condominiums, hotels and grand shopping malls.

It is famous for offering vibrant entertainment with its infamous nightlife of go-go bars and beer gardens galore.

Recently efforts have been made to change its image with the addition of more legitimate attractions like golf, horse riding, water-parks, convention centres and botanical gardens.

The Star

South Yorkshire.

If he was a police man in the uk, then i hope he get a very sore A-hole on the inside, every day.

A-hole.

WOAAHHH Horsey! Wait here folks! Don't most of us being raised in societies with a strong legislature

and citizens rights beleive in the ole"Innocent until proven guilty"?

Where does this goofey "Lynch Mob,Hang em high"Mentality come from?

I see NO hard evidence here Yet! And if your gonna do Money Making things Here in LOS A Thai Boss has to give it the "Wink and Nod" first.Who knows if You make a local enemy socially.It's easy to toss a "Package" over Your garden wall and into the bushes.Then ring "Cousin" PoonJai to round You up!Seen that,been near, got away! Give the guy a break!

Edited by HelterSkelter

• 2 weeks later...

Rob I was out the other night with an ex. member of 21 SAS, a retired Spy Chief ~ CIA, a member of the DEA and a Navy Seal. All of us were sat at the same table. :o

JOE THE PLUMBER ! ! ! CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH ???? CAN I CAN I, CAN I ???

:D

Rob I was out the other night with an ex. member of 21 SAS, a retired Spy Chief ~ CIA, a member of the DEA and a Navy Seal. All of us were sat at the same table. :D

JOE THE PLUMBER ! ! ! CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH ???? CAN I CAN I, CAN I ???

:D

CHOPPER, see what i mean about nutters and weirdos...but this one more like a stalker or over excited puppy :o

If he was a police man in the uk, then i hope he get a very sore A-hole on the inside, every day.

A-hole.

You need serious help :D To wish such a thing on anyone for whatever reason :o

If his innocent then no, if guilty yes,

Think of how many people he would have nicked for the same sort of thing in the uk

no one likes a bent brit cop. :D

Lock him up and throw away the key. Scumbag!!!

first of all- that will not happen

so, bit of pointless remark

I say...let him out...use the costs of arresting him, holding him, jailing him, keeping him alive in a far better way, a more useful progressive way, one which actually has a postive outcome.

Nobody wins by this.Its so pointless in this day and age to make such a big dea about a bit of puff.

what actually does this acheive other than make the local police look ( semi) good?. Very, very little- actually- zero.

he will spend no time in jail I am sure, return back to UK, then come back here ( I would advise he move) and please stop anyone from replying- thats not possible if you have a record here- it is.

where are we again?

scumbag- thats little hard Sir. May I ask, are you christian, buddists.? Islam? Do you have any belief system, if so, is forgiviness part of that?

I do nt like that term, but if I were to use I would give the robbers who use violnece, murders, child molesters,rip off who clean out old peoples savings, etc

You have you right of the opinion, but saying that oftens says much more about the person saying it.

And i would look closer before using that term. Unfortunatly we are not in the most reliable of place when it comes to press reporting

A few months ago another UK police man was accused of human trafficing.

The sheep here all said " scumbag, hang ,em high...,' and other childish nonsese refecting their lack of anyhting senisble( bad english)

that man now away from problems. A good, kind man.

We are stil in dark ages if we label him scumbags

A-hole.

and it is obvious that this gentleman has great inside experince of such matters.

Assoles.

Failed marriage, business, not self actuailised( failed by his own personal subcom standards- something that applys to most who write such trash) getting on a bit,must of provoked that and the throw away the key philistine

Thailand is fast earning a reputation of having ( hold on I ask my english friends for right word) the "dregs" of the western world

Posts like that increase it.

Are we really all so cruel, nasty, vindictive,and, here goes i have to say it... backward, dumb, childish, thick.

Acutually , I think you are quite clever, that post was just to provoke people like me, huh?

nobody could be that backwards

A-hole.

and it is obvious that this gentleman has great inside experince of such matters.

Assoles.

Failed marriage, business, not self actuailised( failed by his own personal subcom standards- something that applys to most who write such trash) getting on a bit,must of provoked that and the throw away the key philistine

Thailand is fast earning a reputation of having ( hold on I ask my english friends for right word) the "dregs" of the western world

Posts like that increase it.

Are we really all so cruel, nasty, vindictive,and, here goes i have to say it... backward, dumb, childish, thick.

Acutually , I think you are quite clever, that post was just to provoke people like me, huh?

nobody could be that backwards

Come on don't hold back let it out. :D:D:D

Lock him up and throw away the key. Scumbag!!!

Ahh, so this cliché of a response is appropriate for someone selling people a little happiness? Honestly, why people like you conflate pot dealers and heroin dealers is beyond me. Sure he's in a foreign country and should have known the laws, but does he not deserve a fair trial (in Thailand, read: deserve the chance to stuff a few stacks of 1000 baht notes down the pockets of the chief of police or prosecutor).