Have A Baby In Samui ? Best Hospital ?

Geppis72

Hi Everybody,

Me and My wife (both from EU) are very happy to have a baby girl soon,

we just like to have your opinions where about is the best Hospital in Samui in term of Doctors, Services, Experience.

Some people we know said Samui Bangkok Hospital, some Thai Int., but looks like the best

one even for "farang" is Nathon, where is now open also a private wing ?

They delivery much more babies then the others Hospitals means more experience I believe.

Tks for your advises,

Cheers

This was covered recently so do a search in this section. I recall reading from the other thread that although the Bangkok Samui has great facilities they are not equipt to deal with any complication or emergency arising from the labour & only the government hospital in nathon had the staff properly qualified & the facilities to deal with a dangerous situation, so research well & congratulations. :o

Hey geppis!

First of all, congrats!! Happy for you. :o

However you decide to do in the end, you are doing a good thing by "investigating the options". Ask friends, read this forum. I would advise you to visit some of the hospitals you mention and see for yourself what feeling you get. My own story is already in the thread sbk linked so i will not take it again. And there is a few others stories aswell, good reading.

I guess if i would sum up my oppinion and say something good about whatever hospital you choose, it would be that they all seem to co-operate when emergensy situation comes up. What is not here, they can advise you where to go and call around and they seem to send you in between the hospitals, private or governmental, with no limits. So you always get what you need in the end. Thats´s the oppinion i got anyway, during our son´s birth.

Another advise is to make sure you are fully covered i´n insurance for this thing. The bills can go pretty high when things go wrong. Look up if your homecountry covers you in Thailand, some countries in Europe do that nowadays.

However you do i wich you luck!

We thank you all for your comments and we are reading the link Sbk was so nice to provide with lot of interest,

sorry if I did not see the recent discussion about the same subject but we are a bit anxious.......

By the way we are covered with Bupa included maternity option, but in this occasion we are not looking

for a nice room with Dvd (where my wife have been for 1 week last Jan tks to dengue fever...

and where in BKK Hospital the service was excellent) but we looking for the most reliable structure

which can deal with emergency (in case).

And must admit in this case we are very disappointed with Bkk Hospital and choose to change structure,

I did not say this at the beginning because I want opinions without influence the others, at BKK Hospital

they can not deal with difficult situations and they clearly said that is better for us to go somewhere else..... :o

Thanks again to the members always ready to help,

Take care !

And must admit in this case we are very disappointed with Bkk Hospital and choose to change structure,

I did not say this at the beginning because I want opinions without influence the others, at BKK Hospital

they can not deal with difficult situations and they clearly said that is better for us to go somewhere else.....

Although I can understand your disappointment at being sent elsewhere imo the BKK Samui hospital have proven their professionalism & care to your wife, they could have just taken your business & money & then if, god forbid, something bad happened, what would they be able to do? Better you go to a less fancy looking but better equipt hospital imo. At the end of the day your only goal is a healthy & well baby & mum, where that happens is secondary.

Good luck with the search & do keep us informed as it is good to know for other parents to be.

they can not deal with difficult situations and they clearly said that is better for us to go somewhere else.....

Although I can understand your disappointment at being sent elsewhere imo the BKK Samui hospital have proven their professionalism & care to your wife, they could have just taken your business & money & then if, god forbid, something bad happened, what would they be able to do? Better you go to a less fancy looking but better equipt hospital imo. At the end of the day your only goal is a healthy & well baby & mum, where that happens is secondary.

Good luck with the search & do keep us informed as it is good to know for other parents to be.

I will inform others parents as well for sure, (in 5 months time...)

I do not find fair go into much details even if I was wondering to advise the board of management. there, but I believe it is enough to say that

we have been forwarded in Bangkok (Bangkok Hospital H.Q.) for 1 week to perform exams which could not be performed here

(in Samui Bkk Hospital) once back we find out that those exams where avail. in Nathon Hospital.

Once back here we give all the exams to be evaluate (do not want even talk about the cost of those plus trip and accommodation)

the Doctor here ASK ME how long my wife should take that medicine ?!? How come you ask ME ?

So the money are not part of our decision, does not matter for our baby, but a start to think that

I was not talking with a real Doctor, so we decide to change.

Tks again

Ah my mistake, I thought you meant they had told you that their facilitly could not handle any birth complications & sent you to another hospital in Samui, not that they sent you to their head office in Bangkok. That is not good at all. Thanks for filling us in.