Happy Sms 5 Baht - True Sms 1 Baht

edwardandtubs

I am a DTac customer since last month. Use their 'Half Price' promotion .... call 400 baht, pay 200 baht. Then an additional 'fun pack' for 200 baht (300 sms, 30 mms, 30 hours GPRS). Plus 50 free sms per month through their web interface.

Their standard rate for SMS is 2 baht, MMS 5 baht.

Edited by sniffdog

I just received a promotion sms from Happy - 100 messages for 59baht per month. Not that my thumbs could manage that many.......... :o

I use Nokia's PC suite to send SMS messages, much easier than buttons on the phone and easy to send message to many people at same time. I found out the hard way that promotion of 50 messages is only 165 characters or less, tried to send 200 character message and got nailed for overage. Mai Pen Rai

I just received a promotion sms from Happy - 100 messages for 59baht per month. Not that my thumbs could manage that many.......... :o

I use Nokia's PC suite to send SMS messages, much easier than buttons on the phone and easy to send message to many people at same time. I found out the hard way that promotion of 50 messages is only 165 characters or less, tried to send 200 character message and got nailed for overage. Mai Pen Rai

Good idea about using PC Suite - I have it and didn't think to look at that function - thanks :D . Still miss the qwerty keyboard on the E61 I lost 2 weeks ago........

People make in general longer phone calls ... so more minutes is cash! You can't pull more out of an SMS. BTW I don't think it's very expensive. As I said, I can send 300 sms per month for 200 baht (and get 30 MMS and 30 hours GPRS) and 50 free through the web interface.

Are people getting promotions other than those on the happy website and if so, how can others benefit ?

Thinking specifically about prepay here.

http://www.happy.co.th/en/low/09_simshop_index.php

How do you apply for this promotion if you are a prepaid customer. Say you already have unused credit, but want to take advantage of these promotions?

You can phone DTAC and change your promotion with a charge of about Bt30-50. They may cut your days as well (though you can buy those back cheaply).

What I am interested in is these supposes promotions which posters claim to have (not disbelieving) but which are not listed on DTAC's website. How can one take advantage of those or are they now old news ?

• 3 weeks later...
Are people getting promotions other than those on the happy website and if so, how can others benefit ?

Thinking specifically about prepay here.

http://www.happy.co.th/en/low/09_simshop_index.php

How do you apply for this promotion if you are a prepaid customer. Say you already have unused credit, but want to take advantage of these promotions?

*1003 Call