Are There Reputable Any 3% Real Estate Agents Left ?

KhunTao

I wouldn't pay a flat 3% to people to market a property. They can work on a sliding commission scale with stop limits or they can go jump. 5% is just potty.

I've seen contracts for some of the more prestigious condo blocks with hidden commissions and double prices as a sale through someone first to pocket a wedge. Some I know are good. Most are crooks.

A bit off topic but I have just read an article on the BBC's website. It states that the estate agents back in the uk are in big big trouble and many will go bust over the next 18 months.

One of the comments at the bottom of the pages creased me up :D:D

"Why the panic?! Estate agents don't have to worry if they lose their jobs as there are plenty of jobs out there stacking shelves and the qualifications required for these jobs are the same as for an estate agent." :(:D:P:burp::o:D:D

There are a few good real estate agents in Pattaya mainly Eastcoast, ABPC and Northshore but there are a lot of dodgy ones that also deal with dodgy developers and they are also members of REBA ES. Says a lot for that organization.

One of the comments at the bottom of the pages creased me up :D:D

"Why the panic?! Estate agents don't have to worry if they lose their jobs as there are plenty of jobs out there stacking shelves and the qualifications required for these jobs are the same as for an estate agent." :D:o

Do you remember the Maureen Lipman adverts where she was always consoling her grandson (or was it a nephew?) about his crappy exam results: ", Oooh, you got an 'ology! You said you'd failed and you got an 'ology? You get an 'ology and you're a scientist..." There was a parody on this on some comedy show where she tells the kid, "Aw, never mind love, even if you don't get an 'ology, you can always become an estate agent!" :D

A relative of mine back in the UK is very much in that category, a successful estate agent without so much as an O-level to his name. He's nothing but a charming con-man, but people like him and like doing business with him. Personally, if he ever shakes my hand, I quickly check to make sure I've still got all my fingers. :(

Nice way to talk about a family member!!!