Looking For Good Chocolate

jm49er1

There used to be a place in Jomtien that did chocolates and teas, coffees. I would assume that it failed because it was too much of a niche market. I can not recall anything in Pattaya.

With the current 'milk products' issue in China - I don't think it is a good time for Asian chocolate etc.

I think you can buy swiss chocloates 'Lindt' brand in Carrefour etc.. Also Villa Market as stated by Stefan above.. I too read today that a number of products have been recalled in Thailand due to the China milk problem - which is a worry on account that I've stuffed my face with mars bars for the last year or so.

You could try this place, think it is called the Gourmet, does wine and chocolate, in Jomtien, near wows bar, just before the monkey statue

heading out of Jomtien, not sure if its still open. it looked an expensive place.

Edited by plasticpig

Foodmart next to View Talay 1 in Jomtien has imported bars of Swiss chocolate that are excellent.

Don't buy Cadbury's here as it is made in Malaysia to a different recipe from what is used in the UK, so it tastes totally different. I think they do that to raise the melting point so that it doesn't go soft as easily in the tropical heat, and also to make it less susceptible to fungal attacks. No need to go to China to find nasty things in the chocolate. :o

Swiss chocolcate is always imported and so tastes the same as it does back in Europe. They had a Swiss pecan caramel chocolate bar there a few montsh back that was heaven :D , but it's been out of stock for a while now.

Try La Baguette in front of Woodlands Resort in Naklua, just past the Dolphin roundabout. I know they do great cakes, some of them chocolate, and I've also got a feeling that they sell individual chocolates as well. I could be wrong though.

Also you may find good chocolate at some of the 5 star hotels - I would give The Marriott and The Sheraton a call or pay them a visit.

Just came back from BKK and the chocolate in a little confectionary/bakery in the basement of the Grand Hyatt hotel was excellent. Long way to go just for chocolate but if you're planning a trip or know anyone coming down from BKK you could ask them to pick some up.

from a chocolate expert/ addict

I second tartempion on the Duc De Praslin (belgian choc shop) at corner of Sukhmvit 31 in Bkk.

theres a thread running on chocolates elsewhere....but I cant post links here...but will try to see if I can find some other places

(all would be in Bkk though, as I dont know Pattaya at all)

Foodmart next to View Talay 1 in Jomtien has imported bars of Swiss chocolate that are excellent.

Don't buy Cadbury's here as it is made in Malaysia to a different recipe from what is used in the UK, so it tastes totally different. I think they do that to raise the melting point so that it doesn't go soft as easily in the tropical heat, and also to make it less susceptible to fungal attacks. No need to go to China to find nasty things in the chocolate. :o

Swiss chocolcate is always imported and so tastes the same as it does back in Europe. They had a Swiss pecan caramel chocolate bar there a few montsh back that was heaven :D , but it's been out of stock for a while now.

Stopped by Foodmart this evening and found exactly what i was looking for - excellent selection to choose from - thanks!!