What's The Stupidest Thing You've Seen

taxidriver

Backpack, I can never get into your site.  It always comes up  error on page.  The first page does appear but can't click on the flag to enter.  Why don't you just enter from the first page anyway?

what_a_life - I suspect that you've got Internet Explorer 5 or less onyour system. Sometimes this older browser has trouble reading the script or opening the site if the settings are a bit off!

I often check the site when I'm out and about in internet cafes and can open it no problem. You need to open the site in full screen to appreciate it fully!

Just for you my friend, follow this link, and when it opens press the F11 key on your keyboard...

Backpack Thailand

Enjoy....(let me know what you think!)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 17 years ago in Pattaya I remember 2 young Brits doing a runner from a Baht Bus without paying the fare, they were chased for about 20 minutes by the driver , who was waving a large baseball bat , by the time he caught up with them he had about 3 mates with him.

The slower of the 2 brits got hit across the back twice with the bat , even though he coughed up the fare , plus a few hundred baht , blood everywhere , idiot deserved it.

I still have the scar.... :D

And yes I have learned my lesson....mostly :o

Loong:  In reply to you about 'tribal attire', I truly mean 'tribal'.  Not 'local'.  Very different in my opinion. 

By tribal, I mean people getting around in Karen hilltribe sarongs and shirts, straw hats and  other assorted gear. 

Personally, I have been known to wear sarongs, but never in Bangkok, and never usually in public.  I have worn fishermans pants, but RARELY in Bangkok (unless I have not been able to dress myself properly in the morning).  I have worn silly hats, but only when called for (which isn't in Bangkok). 

Many people forget that Bangkok is a huge international city.  I would certainly not dress the way that many people choose to dress here in my own home town. 

Whatever floats your boat, but I think it looks silly.  My opinion.  I'm entitled to it.

Sorry Donna, but you did write about local clothes, I didn't realise that you were refering to people wearing hill tribe type attire. Of course, I wouldn't walk around like that. I wear light clothing, suited to where I stay.

Re the poster who is embarassed by Farang who wear native clothes.

I apologise for being one of these poor misguided Farang and am deeply sorry if I have ever embarassed you.

Have you ever stopped to consider why the locals wear certain attire? It could be that they are more comfortable in the climate. I often wear cool local clothing as it can make the hottest times more tolerable and I do not consider that I look any more stupid than the bulk of Farang who wear the typical T shirt and shorts!

you might be able to tolerate the heat better in local attire, but you will still look like a <deleted>

Is there any need to get personal and abusive? I fully expect a bit of banter and sarcasm, but calling someone a <deleted>, that is totally uncalled for