Thaivisa.com Funniest Posts

CroBiker

I have to admit that while I've often thought the forum has lost its sense of humour and irony over the last year or so as many people have fled to 'the other place', there is usually something to laugh about on here most days.

Hint anybody? where??

Wish I could tell you, but, I don't want to get banned (just yet).

I fondly remember the Emperor_tud's thread on being fondled by gay security guards at the airport.

Unfortunately both the thread and the tud have gone :o

That was an absolute classic thread. I have to admit to missing The Emperors posts, they always seemed to get people going.

Sometimes one single comment can make you smile, or laugh.

The other day, I read a thread in the Bangkok Forum, where someone asked about the possibility for shrimp fishing around here.

One member posted only..... "Lieutenant Dan?"

My wife wondered why I laughed so much.

All we need sometimes is just the right one.

I remember a certain post by Bendix making me chuckle.It was one of the farang beggar threads where said beggar asks him for a donation,to which Bendix replies- "no chance",to which the beggar replies "you c$$t",to which Bendix describes as "very perceptive for such a swift encounter". :o

Also the current political happenings in the news section havent been lacking in jokes recently.Did anybody here the one about vote buying,or the PM who got sacked over stirfries?

anything that greenwanderer posted about money :o

jeez . they were funny, but for all the wrong reasons. I remember coming under attack from him for daring to spend my salary how I wanted, rather than how he thought appropriate.

As for emperor tud, I too miss him. The funny thing about him was that he was deadly serious - I thought he was another weho originally, but no - he really was that miserable and clueless. Classic Victor Meldrew character . .

In looking over some of the old threads, it's surprising to see how many posters are no longer members.

Heh, that's because if a mod dosn't like the way you comb your hair they ban you. Probably allot of members you don't see any more are back as newer members after having their account banned on the whim of a mod.

• 2 months later...

I read one the other morning at 6am -where a Brit is complaining about being stranded and asks why even the Germans have been able to get seats on a plane.The next poster advised it was because the Germans got up early and put their towels on the seats.

I was still laughing at 6pm!!!

I read one the other morning at 6am -where a Brit is complaining about being stranded and asks why even the Germans have been able to get seats on a plane.The next poster advised it was because the Germans got up early and put their towels on the seats.

I was still laughing at 6pm!!!

???

Those have already been deleted by the mods.

be careful what you say about the m****ators. I just finished a 5 day suspension for jokingly saying saying that the PAD was paying them. :angry::jerk:

Didn't really effect me anyway because I was traveling while the suspension was in effect. :burp:

I was told by another that it was because I didn't use enough emoticons in the post :D

But it's all good, I love :D all of them still :D

:o:D:wai::P

I almost got a holiday for calling the northeastern people who voted for PPP like a very lovely big animal......

A friend got a lifetime ban for calling pro government poster liar several times (first he got longer and longer holidays and now he is finished)

Moderator seemed to be very upset....so I think the moderator treat pro and anti pad poster equal.....

My favourite ?

Anything by Bendix ! :D

Besides that ? Too many to list. Even if only 1 out of 10,000 was funny (to me), that would still leave a list of about 223 posts.

I second that. Bendix's sarcasm and dry humour has almost made me choke (ie, reading whilst drinking coffee) many a times. :o

Keep it up!!

I have to admit that while I've often thought the forum has lost its sense of humour and irony over the last year or so as many people have fled to 'the other place', there is usually something to laugh about on here most days.

Hint anybody? where??

Wish I could tell you, but, I don't want to get banned (just yet).

Sir Burr gets my vote for funny posts! his desire to retire in Rawai makes me laugh every time

Yes quite,but funnier still is that most of it wasnt meant to be funny :o

I remember a certain post by Bendix making me chuckle.It was one of the farang beggar threads where said beggar asks him for a donation,to which Bendix replies- "no chance",to which the beggar replies "you c$$t",to which Bendix describes as "very perceptive for such a swift encounter". :o

Rather curiously, I saw this chap again the other day, after over a year.

Equally curiously, he was in exactly the same place (Soi 11), wearing exactly the same Newcastle United shirt and - one presumes - sipping from exactly the same large bottle of Beer Chang.

Nice guy. I think he must have forgotten our previous encounter because he once more tried to convince me a deceiptful Thai girl had stolen his wallet, passport and jewellry.

It's tragic how many times unfortunate things like this happen to the same people.

phaethon has contributed some good ones also. The farming section had a " how do I get a cobra out of the compost pile" and phaethon had a solution that made me laugh until my side hurt. Its page 5 farming sector for those interested.