Advertising For Help With Child And In House

srisatch

Checked the forum on this. Have put advert in ChiangMai News..not entirely hopeful! I am a single Dad with a 6 year old daughter. Need some help with homework, housework, Thai Bureaucracy etc. Preferably someone with some education and some English. Where would a Thai look if they wanted that kind of work do you think?

There's an online classified list of the CM Church. On this list people are sometimes recommending and/or looking for a job for their maid or gardener.

You can subscribe to this list: http://www.chiangmaiexpatsclub.com/cmcc.asp

To subscribe, send an email to ads-subscribe (at) cmccnews (dot) info (then reply to confirmation email that will be sent back to you)

Contents of this list:

Community Calendar

Housing: Available - Sublets - Wanted

Volunteers: Wanted

Jobs (Paid Position): Position(s) Open, Person(s) Available

Vehicles

Household Items and Miscellaneous, For Sale and To Buy

Electronics, Cameras, Computers & Accessories

Pets and Pet Items

Community Announcements & Resources

Persons/Businesses You Want to Recommend (1st week of each month only)

Business-Services (Self promoted) (1st week of each month only)

Nienke

You might try making a notice in English & Thai to post at the universities and colleges, esp. those closer to you.

Also consider dropping a few notices in neighbours' letterboxes and ask local shops, restaurants etc. if they'd mind you leaving a few on their premises. At the same time you can let them know what you are looking for.

Take care not to give out too much personal information, especially information about when you and your child are at home/not, of course.

Good luck.

H'mm

Actually a Thai read the forum and phoned!! But of course, though a CMU graduate, has an unemployed bloke in tow!! Bill....i don't need all those things...but some of them would be good.........It may be a learning experience to which others might attend, if they ever needed something similar??!!

And then another Thai phoned....graduate of university...speaks Thai, English and French and can drive.......starts work next week!!

Sounds great. Congratulations. I might be able to use someone like that too. Can you let us know about how much you will be paying them?

And then another Thai phoned....graduate of university...speaks Thai, English and French and can drive.......starts work next week!!

Sounds great. Congratulations. I might be able to use someone like that too. Can you let us know about how much you will be paying them?

My suggestion: Live in, 10-12 K per month

Live out, 12-15K per month

(Full Time worker)

Edited by Ajarn