Sin Sod Again

livinseoul

When the daughter from my gf's sister got married, the husband (Thai) paid 50,000 Baht. He then moved in with the family and handed over his wages every month to his mother-in-law. Crazy.

Hardly crazy. The lower classes have recognized that they are better off joining together as a team than as sole family units. Look at it this way, if you make 8k baht a month, what happens if you get sick and can't work? better to be apart of a team than running solo.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live Thailand, work offshore.

In a long term relationship (3 Years) with a TGF . Spend 25-33% of my leave at her parents house/farm up Sia Khao.

You must live with the family, if they are a good sort and you sleep under their roof with no A/C, squat toilet, bowl to shower with, you gain "face". (Realise that farang have no face to lose......But it does not stop you earning "Face" with the family).

That is my satangs worth...............do not be rushed, or held to ransom. You meet a good lady from a good family, you'll be okay. Bad family........................... You'll know sooner

Why must you live with the family to gain "face"....

Stupid advice - if you can afford to live in your own house with A/C, proper toilet shower etc. What posible "face" do you gain by choosing to live in worse conditions? Some "face" - which helps how excatly?

Nonsense - you have to live your own life within your own means. If you have the means to live better than someone else good for you! If other people can't accept that, who the hel_l cares? All this FACE really is a load of complete and utter outdated nonsense and the sooner the Thai culture drops it and starts getting off their backsides and getting on with things the better.....

Edited by Marksamui