Tourist visa for uk

i am hoping to apply for a tourist visa to uk for my g/f when i go to thailand in september.we will be asking for about a 4 month stay here so we can get to know each other better before making any commitments.

i intend to put together a file containing photos,letters,emails,bank details etc for presentation at the embassy.

has anyone been successful with obtaining a tourist visa?

any other tips on how to go about the application.

thanks

I can tell you it is not easy. It depends a lot on how long you have known her.

I originally tried this last year, having only known my girlfriend for 4 months. I don't know if things have changed, but tourist visas were hard to get, especially in our position. We ended up marrying, and I returned two months later to get a settlement visa. Fortunately we are very happy together here in the UKand awaiting my wife's visa for indefinite stay.

You are doing the best by collating a file, as this is what the embassy will look to establish there is a relationship.

I used an agency in Bangkok to make my application, very reasonable fees and they know the ins and outs of visa applications. Try looking at

www.visa-helpline.com.

If you are happy to use the agent, email

[email protected].

The lady that runs the agency is called Nung, she is very helpful and will only let you apply if she thinks you have a chance. I add that I have no financial gain in giving you this info, it's just good to be able to help you where I had none in  my position last year.

Any probs email me.

Pubboy