Tourist Visa In Hong Kong

does anyone know if there is a thai consulate or embassy (whichever it is i need) that issues tourist visas for thailand in hong kong? anyone with experience getting visas there who can comment on the process? thx

Cost 270 HKD

Address

8th Floor, Fairmont House

8 Cotton Tree Drive

Central

Hong Kong

Tel: 2521-6481-5

Fax: 2521-8629

Email: [email protected]

Application form: http://www.thai-consulate.org.hk/forms/visaform.pdf

Tourist Visa (Basic requirements)

1. A copy of Hong Kong/Macau I.D.Card (front and back)

2. A copy of main pages of a passport including the last arrival Hong Kong stamp.

3. A valid at least 6 months passport with a clear page for a visa sticker.

4. One application forms must be completely filled out in English (CAPITAL LETTER)

5. One recent photos, 2x1.5 Inches in size, with clear face, taken within 6 months.

6. A copy of confirmed round-trip air ticket or an itinerary.

Collection : Next working days. between : 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

All the above from website see previous post for link.

Edited by ubonjoe

The word "Itinerary" suggest to me that you could go to a Hongkong travel agent and ask them to make a booking

Hongkong - Bangkok - Hongkong and print off the confirmation slip.

Then present that to the consulate.

No need to actually buy the ticket. :o

hmm i wrote to the consulate asking about the requirements for and possibility of getting a double entry tourist visa and got this very unhelpful reply:

Please visit http://www.thai-consulate.org.hk/ENG/ThaiC...0Consulate1.htm

for more visa details.

The approval of any visa will depaend on many factors such as the record of entries, the visa category or supporting

documents etc.

For double entry tourist visa needs the applicant to show the confirmed double entry ticket. Therefore you must have

a well-plan trip. The fee is HK$ 270x2 in cash.

it sounds like they are an "unfriendly consulate" and are relucatant to give visas.... if anyone else has experience i would love to hear it before i book my ticket there for nothing! thx

Any good and cheap hostels near by Hong Kong consulate? Im going Macau to gamble but need to get new visa (one entry turist) too. I need to show my passport when I go to Hong Kong from Macau, right? I want to spend only one day and night in HK and go right back to Macau when I get my visa to Thailand. So it takes only one day to get visa, right?

Any good and cheap hostels near by Hong Kong consulate? Im going Macau to gamble but need to get new visa (one entry turist) too. I need to show my passport when I go to Hong Kong from Macau, right? I want to spend only one day and night in HK and go right back to Macau when I get my visa to Thailand. So it takes only one day to get visa, right?

I don't know if you will get any quick replies to your question about hostels/hotels. A lot of hotel/travel reservation websites offer the option to search near an address. Might try that using address for consulate that has been posted.

Next day is what info from website says.

Can't answer your other question about entry to HongKong. Might try an internet search for that one.

I don't know if you will get any quick replies to your question about hostels/hotels. A lot of hotel/travel reservation websites offer the option to search near an address. Might try that using address for consulate that has been posted.

Next day is what info from website says.

Can't answer your other question about entry to HongKong. Might try an internet search for that one.

If you do not have Hong Kong or Macau ID card you will need your passport.

There are no good and cheap hotels in Hong Kong; it is an expensive place. If you are coming from Macau try the travel agents at the at the ferry terminal; they sometimes have good deals - but still not cheap. If not it the internet for you.

a negative line about the hong kong consulate here: on thai visa

and more HK info on this old thread: visa run to HK

would love to have any more info/reports on HK... can the onward ticket you have to show be from a neighboring country? what if you have back to back tourist visas, is it a problem?

a negative line about the hong kong consulate here: on thai visa

and more HK info on this old thread: visa run to HK

would love to have any more info/reports on HK... can the onward ticket you have to show be from a neighboring country? what if you have back to back tourist visas, is it a problem?

You might try sending a PM to the ones that gave good reports and did it several times. Thread is not much more than a year old.

I just got my visa (tourist, single entry) from HK. I had three back to back stamps in my passport and no problem with that. I left my documents (application with one picture, passport and copy of passports picture page AND latest HK arrival stamp on wednesday and Macau-Bkk-Macau ticket) and 270 HKD. Date of collection was next day 9.30-12.30. Two minutes queuing in both days. If you need to copy go to opposite building 19th floor "management office" or something like that, copies cost 1 HKD per page. Nothing bad to say about HK.

I just got my visa (tourist, single entry) from HK. I had three back to back stamps in my passport and no problem with that. I left my documents (application with one picture, passport and copy of passports picture page AND latest HK arrival stamp on wednesday and Macau-Bkk-Macau ticket) and 270 HKD. Date of collection was next day 9.30-12.30. Two minutes queuing in both days. If you need to copy go to opposite building 19th floor "management office" or something like that, copies cost 1 HKD per page. Nothing bad to say about HK.

Sorry I didn't read this thread earlier. I also had no problems there 6 months ago. I applied for a double entry and when asked why I said that I wanted to visit neighboring countries while staying in Thailand. They also didn't ask to see my on-going ticket.