Breast Reconstruction In Thailand

jaffas21

Hello

Im wondering whether any site members have had any experience with partners of going to thailand for breast surgery, my partner has silicone implants which are getting close to replacement time, so she wants some sort of replacement or removal and reconstruction

Im wondering which ones are reliable well known clinics in bangkok or chiangmai, and what the average cost is for such an operation compared to £4000-£5000 in the uk

thanks

Hello

Im wondering whether any site members have had any experience with partners of going to thailand for breast surgery, my partner has silicone implants which are getting close to replacement time, so she wants some sort of replacement or removal and reconstruction

Im wondering which ones are reliable well known clinics in bangkok or chiangmai, and what the average cost is for such an operation compared to £4000-£5000 in the uk

thanks

Is your partner a Thai national...

Pricing for Thai people and foreigners is different.

im fairly sure there are implants today that don't require being replaced but im not 100% sure, I did a google search under "breast reconstruction thailand" and got references to silicon, but my girlfriend who is english by the way not thai, is looking for a slightly more affordable option than england, but still with quality treatment

The doctors here are willing to take the implants out, but not reconstruct or replace them, I think its safe to say a woman with nothing at all except loose skin in this area of her body is not going to feel very feminine .. im frankly enraged the NHS can get away with this sort of crap

anyway let me know if anyone has any info

thanks

Edited by Sheryl
off topic remark deleted

Can't you get silicon implants in Thailand that don't have a 'replacement time'???

Otherwise it sounds like a bit of a scam to me.

Part of the FDA approval letter on silicone breast implants includes the fact that they are not permanent devices.

Multiple surgeries (throughout a lifetime) are required even if leakage or capsular contracture (hardening) does not occur.

The longevity of the implant varies between individuals.

Can't you get silicon implants in Thailand that don't have a 'replacement time'???

Otherwise it sounds like a bit of a scam to me.

Part of the FDA approval letter on silicone breast implants includes the fact that they are not permanent devices.

Multiple surgeries (throughout a lifetime) are required even if leakage or capsular contracture (hardening) does not occur.

The longevity of the implant varies between individuals.

Yes and as such she'll really be looking at some kind of non silicone based reconstruction, or whatever current technology has, i dont think theres any point finding ourselves in the same position in another 10 to 15 years, I am therefore interested in said options .. such as synthetic polymer or saline based for example

thanks MMR im getting those details for you

Edited by jaffas21