Re-entry Permit

Hi,

I'll be leaving Thailand next weekend. My current Non O visa was obtained one month ago in Kuala Lumpur. I have two months remaining on it, so what I would like to know are the following...

1. Because I will be gone for perhaps a couple of months, would it be possible to obtain a re-entry permit, due to the fact that I will be returning to Thailand at the time when my visa would have been expiring? (in other words, because I'm not in Thailand for those two months, will I be able to reclaim them later on?)

2. I know at Don Muang, one was able to obtain a re-entry permit. Is it possible at Suvarnabhumi?

Thanks.

Yes you can obtain a re-entry permit.

For the record, a re-entry permit can be obtained on any kind of entry stamp.

It will allow you to return and use the remaining time on you entry stamp.

If you current entry stamp is until 30th November, when you arrive back you will

again be permitted to stay until the 30th November.

There is no way to reclaim the 2 months later.

With the current stories about delays at the airport I would recommend

your apply for the re-entry permit at an immigration office, before you travel.

Just to clarify a bit more. It appears you have a single entry visa and since you have entered the country, it is now useless. What the re-entry permit does is keep the date on your permission to stay stamp alive. When you entered you were given 90 days to stay, with the re-entry permit when you re-enter, the date on your permitted to stay stamp will be the same as the first time you entered. If you are going to gone a couple of months and you have already stayed a month, then the re-entry permit is probably worthless to you. You will need another visa.

TH