.in.th Domains, Worth Investing?

dave111223

I'd be interested to know if people think it's worth will investing in ".in.th" domains. Seeing as there are still ton of great short 1 word names available.

Do you think it will be the same as with .com, where something like "Seniors.com" could sell for over a million dollars. Obviously they will never get to the same level as .com, but even if the values of good names were 100th of the value .com it would still make a ton of $$.

(i'm talking invested as in purchasing the domains for future resale)

And it's quite difficult to register a .th domain, a lot limtations!

Cheers.

Actually not too difficult for in.th, just requires ID card, co.th requires you be a corporation with the domain name being your actual company name.

Well i did decide to buy some domains, but did not go over board. 1,200 THB for 6 domains.

bank.in.th

build.in.th

fly.in.th

fun.in.th

pc.in.th

text.in.th

I'll post back here in 10 years and see if i'm rich! :o

From Maxcyber a Thai Nic registrar for .in.th:

'An individual as well as a company/organization can register domain names under .in.th, and must send a copy of ID card (if registered by individual) or a copy of Por Por 20 (Certificate of Value Added Tax Registration), Tor Kor 0401 (Certificate of Company/Partnership Registration) and/or other related documents (if registered by company/organization) to ThaiNIC™ at fax no. (662) 196-2065. Please note that a foreigner, who wants to register a .in.th domain name, must have a legal work permit and reside in Thailand. To register a domain name with a trade name/trademark please refer to 4.'

I registered holidays.in.th a couple of years ago when it was just introduced (without a WP) . Tried to sell it to travel related companies in Thailand. Nobody was interested.

All preferred to have a .com name for international purposes. After it expired, it was up for grabs again (and still is).

I bet your money went down the drain. BTW How can you get 6 domains for 1,200 baht? That is PER year PER domain, is it?