Thai Embassy Fees (us)

I recently had my Non Immigrant O-A Multiple Entry Visa (AKA Retirement Visa) renewed via mail at the Thai Embassy in Washington. I chose to just apply for a new Visa rather than having to rush to Bangkok for the Embassy letter for a one year renewal when I get back to LOS. It also happened that my current passport would have expired prior to the Visa having expired so it was just easier to get a new US passport prior to getting a new Visa.

The fee has gone up from $125 to $175 (for a multiple entry) per the Thai Embassy web site and they will only accept a US postal money order.

Be careful when submitting you packet since the web site says ONE passport sized picture but in reality they want THREE. Also be careful that you make 2 copies of all your paperwork, which means that you will submit one original application and two copies of that application, one original and two copies of the Personal data form, one original and two copies of the medical report, one original and two copies of the police check, one original and two copies of your proof of finances.

I would also suggest that you make a copy for yourself so that you will know exactly what you sent them and can make a copy of the copy if something gets lost. Also place ATTN: Visa section on the outside of your envelope to get the packet to the right section immediately.

I don't know if they want two copies of the passport that you submit but I would go ahead and do it rather than receive a telephone call from the Visa section of the Embassy as if you were a petulant child who can't follow instructions. :o

Edited by Langsuan Man