Diving Camera

flamingtodd

Most Dive Shops would have the diving camera for sale ... but it will be not as good as a well known brand... or you can also buy regular digital camera and housing for underwater usage. I think Big One Camera at Central carry a good quality, and reasonable price, housing's price are more or less equally to the camera.

Check out Aquamaster in Chalong or All4diving in Patong :-)

For good pictures I would recommend making pictures in RAW mode (easy to adjust afterwards) or using the white balance.

A flash mound will only make you less maneuverable, and won't improve the quality of the pictures unless you're a real experienced UW photographer.

Sorry. I don't mean a throw away kind for tourists. I mean like 10mp SLR with flash mount and housing.

At least 10mp.

todd

Got a Nexus (for D60 ) , used on 2 trips

2 strobes, arms , macro / double macro /wide angle ( 10.5 ) - the lot. Can show u pics.

Reason selling - married now :o ( dont have time for diving )

Hi end stuff (not appropriate if your on a budget )

IM me.

Edited by skippybangkok

be exceedingly careful about buying used, dive cameras being what they are, if it us used I wouldn't buy it unless I tested it at depth a few times!

JD, with the amount of disputes we have had, i don't think you qualify as a "unbiased" person to provide sound info in this case.

And if you cant tell the difference between a heavily used housing ( with knocks, dents , scratches etc ) from a virtually new one, then stick to brand new stuff.

This isn't about you, period -- full stop. It was a common sense warning regarding purchasing 2nd hand camera equipment :o

I would have made the exact same post had there not been someone trying to hock their wares in the thread already.

This isn't about you, period -- full stop. It was a common sense warning regarding purchasing 2nd hand camera equipment :o

I would have made the exact same post had there not been someone trying to hock their wares in the thread already.

best intentions as always - I am impressed.

I know this is not an actual Diving Camera, but maybe some readers just want to take photos in shallow water (5M), on the beach or in the pool, but do not want to damage your valauble Digital Camera? Saw this product on the shelf in Big Camera shop in Pattaya for about 1,250 Baht.

Also useful during Songkran!!

The DiCaPac

post-34728-1223099747_thumb.jpg

See the YouTube video

or

Not all models are listed on the box, so check out if it will fit your camera on

http://www.dicapac.com/new_eng/03_manual/sub02.html

How to use on http://www.dicapac.com/new_eng/03_manual/sub01.html

Ignore the "Install Korean font" request when you log on. It appears perfectly without it.

If these links are taken out by MODs, just Google it and you will find them

• 3 months later...