Screwed By The Tropical Home Co.

Just purchased a plot of land from Emporer2 project in San Sai near Mae nam khoa river. ( subsidy of The Tropical home co.) I was told by the Emporer2 Project salesman that I could not build 1 meter from wall next to river. OK, no problem. Went to local government for final ok to build, with house plans in hand, and was told that no building 6 Meters from the river. Half of my land is now useless. I cannot build anything on it. Of course I can grow vegetables if I want to. Thieving bastards.

What irks me is that the local land office is well familiar with these tactics, and the Thai system does nothing about it.

On a land title you can't actually own land right up to the river; so as well as having the margin for riverbank land between you and the river, you then have the distance that you can build from your land's boundary.

If this is 6m from your perimeter wall there is a big possibility that they built the wall on what in fact is not your land according to the title. Check your title and perimeter markers and if this is the case you may have some recourse. Take pictures of how it stands at the moment just in case someone knocks down the wall :o

I hate to sound harsh, but a salesmen in a developing country well known for having an extremely poor consumer protection system verbally told you something that you didn’t verify until you had bought the property and designed the house and it's his fault you are fuc_ked?

Come on Bud, grow up and take some responsibly for your life.

TH

I hate to sound harsh, but a salesmen in a developing country well known for having an extremely poor consumer protection system verbally told you something that you didn't verify until you had bought the property and designed the house and it's his fault you are fuc_ked?

Come on Bud, grow up and take some responsibly for your life.

TH

agree... did you not get a lawyer to do a DD??

Just purchased a plot of land from Emporer2 project in San Sai near Mae nam khoa river. ( subsidy of The Tropical home co.) I was told by the Emporer2 Project salesman that I could not build 1 meter from wall next to river. OK, no problem. Went to local government for final ok to build, with house plans in hand, and was told that no building 6 Meters from the river. Half of my land is now useless. I cannot build anything on it. Of course I can grow vegetables if I want to. Thieving bastards.

What irks me is that the local land office is well familiar with these tactics, and the Thai system does nothing about it.

Even if the property market in Thailand is as strong as people try to make out surely

it's not that strong still that the vendor could refuse your request for a " conditional contract "

just to give you time to verify your ability to use this land for the purpose you had in mind-

i.e. to build on it ? It defies logic that people would buy a piece of real estate based on the

blandishments of some real estate representative.

in many countries you could probably rescind the contract on the basis of misrepresentation,

but without being able to predict the outcome of a court case in this country,particularly when

the plaintiff is a farang, you need to take any possible steps that are remaining

before you handover your hard earned money :o

Edited by midas