Medical Clinics In South Pattaya/jomtien

Phil Clark

Does anyone have a relatively recent firsthand experience of getting a Doctor's Certificate in the area from Pattaya Tai to Jomtien? I need to get one for the renewal of my ‘O’ Visa extension in a day or three.

Yes, I know there are clinics everywhere, but would appreciate a recommendation for one in the area above from someone who has recently used one.

Last year I used one in Pratumnak Road and the guy was a tad over-keen for my liking. Thirty minutes for a Doctor's Certificate and 200 Baht? I am as fit as a butcher’s dog but why he needed to know if I had ever had German Measles, Chickenpox etc as a child made me shake my head, followed by his failed intention amongst other things to make me cough if you know what I mean. :o

Somewhere easy to park nearby would be good, too. :D

Thanks for any info.

Phil

:o Depends on whether you just want a 'rubber stamp' or an actual examination.

City Clinic in Phratamnak Road did a "Driving Licence' certificate for me in about 2 minutes. 100 Baht, no questions asked apart from 'how old are you?' Imagine that you would get the same service for your visa cert.

There is another clinic just across the road - Top Clinic. Have used this for other purposes but for the driving cert. they asked me to come back the next day because the doctor was not there - maybe I would have got an examination. Decided not to wait, hence visit to City Clinic across the road!

I get my medicals for the renewal of my retirement visa at the RC Clinic (corner of soi Pattayaland 1 and 2nd Road). Blood pressure taken, and quick chat with the doc for 100 Baht. Apparently all they have to declare is that you are not a drug or alcohol addict, and don't have leprosy! :o

I haven't needed to get a medical for any reason but if I am ill I always go to see Dr Belen at her clinic down the side of the Bangkok Bank on 2nd road (opposite soi 6/1)

She is from Singapore (I think) and speaks very good English

and if she can't cure you she will refer you to the right doctor for your ailment at any of the hospitals