Need A Cheap Bb Gun.

Richb2004v2

If you shoot the pigeons they qwill simply be replaced by new ones.

You need to address the reason they are staying/nesting at your place and remove the reason.

Failing that you might want to encourage some natural predators into the area....some snakes for instance?

If you shoot the pigeons they qwill simply be replaced by new ones.

You need to address the reason they are staying/nesting at your place and remove the reason.

Failing that you might want to encourage some natural predators into the area....some snakes for instance?

I was thinking the same thing myself today. They have only been here for the last six months or so and nothing has changed to attract them. They are on the neighbours houses too, so I guess it could be something on one of them.

I wouldn't be happy with snakes up there so close to being in the roof space :o The cat can't get up there either. I tried WD40 today which was recommended by a TV member. There are no pigeons there at the moment so it might have worked at least for now.

Try chilli powder ............

netting or obstacles to where they perch may work too.

sometihing has attracted them....maybe a lack of snakes? They are the best wauy of keeping vermin down. Rats eggs etc are all on their menu!

Pigeions likke seeds, so if there is a source nearby.....

When I worked offshore years ago I used to be part of the helideck crew. To keep the seabirds away from the helideck we used to have a couple of plastic eagle owls placed around the rig. They seemed to keep the birds away very well so Im sure you can pick up something similar. I would imagine any big bird of prey would work. Ive seen all sorts of birds at garden stores ??? If not try a catapult. Load up with buckshot, ie little bits of rock and just fire in their direction. You dont have to actually hit any but if they keep geting disturbed they will move elsewhere. Good hunting :o

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap BB gun in Rayong or Ban Chang area? I only want it to shoot the pigeons that crap all over my house, so it doesn't need to be brilliant.

Thanks.

Are you still looking? there's a few locals around my way who've got "homemade" pump-up air rifles that shoot 3/16" ball bearings. Pretty accurate up to about 50 yards, and will certianly sting a pigeon. PM me if you're interested.

• 3 months later...

You can buy and keep BB that shot plastic ball without having to apply for license. But you need license to import so don't carry one in. It can looks like military model, no problem.

Apart from the BB shooting range, you can buy BB at Charoen Krung Road next to Wangburapha area in Bangkok.

The cheap one is Ching-Kong brand, Made in China.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap BB gun in Rayong or Ban Chang area? I only want it to shoot the pigeons that crap all over my house, so it doesn't need to be brilliant.

Thanks.

Are you still looking? there's a few locals around my way who've got "homemade" pump-up air rifles that shoot 3/16" ball bearings. Pretty accurate up to about 50 yards, and will certianly sting a pigeon. PM me if you're interested.

did you get my PM?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

You can get a good BB pistol at the toy store down at the market. Turn at the four way light (7-11, Honda) it's on the left. If the pistol don't scare your birds he also has fireworks that might do the trick.

Had heaps of pigeons on our condo balconies. Tried rubber snakes, which worked for quite a while. But eventually they ended up sitting next to them. One even crapped on one of them.

Finally had net installed and that has worked great so far. They can make a terrible mess, especially when they start nesting and drag in twigs etc. to build the nest.

• 2 months later...
Try chilli powder ............

netting or obstacles to where they perch may work too.

sometihing has attracted them....maybe a lack of snakes? They are the best wauy of keeping vermin down. Rats eggs etc are all on their menu!

Pigeions likke seeds, so if there is a source nearby.....

And dry dog food, the little balls.

• 1 month later...