Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

Good photos of the PAD mobsters at work. It is good to remember that the mob was violating the law continuously for weeks before the police attempted to enforce it briefly. The PAD mob still refuses to obey Thai law!

You forget to mention that those photos from October 7. 2008, the day of the riot and not from "weeks before"!

I really suggest that you didn't bring fact's out of contest.

Cheers.

Your false accusations are grounded in your poor ability in the English language. We'll all just have to be tolerant.

I don't believe that the fact that you didn't mention the actual date of that photos has anything to do with my poor ability of the English language. And mention that photos in conjunction with as you name it: the mob was violating the law continuously for weeks before, is nothing else than just a false accusation.

And a nice speech: We'll all just have to be tolerant. which bring up some question about you if read all of your post's. One came in mind and that's named humanity.

Cheers.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good photos of the PAD mobsters at work. It is good to remember that the mob was violating the law continuously for weeks before the police attempted to enforce it briefly. The PAD mob still refuses to obey Thai law!

You forget to mention that those photos from October 7. 2008, the day of the riot and not from "weeks before"!

Cheers.

Your false accusations are grounded in your poor ability in the English language. We'll all just have to be tolerant.

I don't believe that the fact that you didn't mention the actual date of that photos has anything to do with my poor ability of the English language. And mention that photos in conjunction with as you name it: the mob was violating the law continuously for weeks before, is nothing else than just a false accusation.

And a nice speech: We'll all just have to be tolerant. which bring up some question about you if read all of your post's. One came in mind and that's named humanity.

Cheers.

Read a newspaper, any newspaper, in your native language and you will see that the PAD mob has been trespassing on Thai Government property for quite a while. Their violent outbursts on October 7th were merely more of the same and in the end rather inconsequential.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Read a newspaper, any newspaper, in your native language and you will see that the PAD mob has been trespassing on Thai Government property for quite a while. Their violent outbursts on October 7th were merely more of the same and in the end rather inconsequential.

My dear friend, you must be really stupid to think that I don't know that!

First, you was posting photos from an other event date than the one you wrote about. That is just a false information!

Second, I had NOT questioning that there was any other violence or whatsoever! That is just YOUR interpretation and that is a false accusation against me. And I do believe that is something for what someone, who tell others to be tolerant, must apologize for.

Cheers.

sunrise 07

Their violent outbursts on October 7th were merely more of the same and in the end rather inconsequential.

Would you like to explain "their violent outburst"

Edited by Artisi

sunrise 07

Their violent outbursts on October 7th were merely more of the same and in the end rather inconsequential.

He can't if he stay to the truth!

I did hear that the 2 words Thaksin and autobiography were uttered somewhere in the same sentence, which caused some people to almost choke on their very expensive wine. :o

Maybe a lot of that "some"?!

FROM TOC

Confrontation Expected After Land Case Verdict

UPDATE : 20 October 2008

A core PAD leader says protest groups can be expected to cause difficulties at the criminal court, during the corruption hearing facing the former Prime Minister and his wife regarding the Ratchada land case. He added that it was the duty of the police to prevent any confrontations and stop the DAAD from using violence.

Pipop Tongchai, core leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy says that groups of individuals intending to create a situation or cause difficulties could be expected at the court today or tomorrow during the hearing of the criminal division of the Supreme Court on the Ratchada land case, in which the accused are former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinnawattra and his wife Pojaman Shinnawattra. The case begins tomorow, on the 21st of October.

However, the PAD, have said they will avoid the confrontation saying that after distributing CDs and booklets at Central World shopping complex, outlining the truth behind the police crackdown, they will return to the confines of Government House. They insisted that it would be the police's responsibility to prevent any further confrontation and prevent the DAAD from use of force.

Pipop went on to say that the Royal Thai Police were implicated in aggravating violence following former deputy police commissioner, Police General Sarang Bunnag's, declaration along with other police officers, that they would take back Government House. Pipop said the act was threatening to the public, and misled the public into thinking that it was the Royal Thai Police's policy to support the DAAD.

That would be an interesting week:

1. the Hearing in the Ratchadapisek Land Case on 21; the announced protest (see my post before)

2. the religion ceremony

3. the announced "take back" of the Government House on 22.

So, let see what will going on!

1. the Hearing in the Ratchadapisek Land Case on 21; the announced protest (see my post before)

2. the religion ceremony

And that happens tomorrow and Somchai want to be in China on 24, 25.

I am Atheist, but maybe now is the time for me to start praying......

And the PM will be out of the country Oct 23-25............

My what propiscious timeing.

Tuesday 21st Thaksin gets his final disposition in court over Rachadapisk land deal.

Wednesday we can Salang's Thousand Thug extracurricular Ma

rch on Government House

Without a WORD from the government saying don't do this.

If they can't do it with their own men send in the nutjobs

and denie you sent them...

Thursday 23rd Somchai is conveniently out of the office

unable to take request for the Karioke death march rhumba line.

In China stocking up on more teargas units maybe?

Or looking for the lost directions on the last batch?

Also it keeps him out of the army's hands if the police and army have a to do.

It also gives him a good excuse for 'not having any control of the situation...

Timing is everything.

Location, location, location!

Why can I hear The Doors; 'The End', in my head now...?

Edited by animatic

If the protesters would go home, admit their mistakes, and be contrite I'm sure they would not be prosecuted.

If Thaklsin would go home,

admit his mistakes,

and be contrite

I'm sure he would be prosecuted LESS.

Six in one hand three quarters of a dozen in the other.

Edited by animatic

However, rather than seeing this as a distraction I instead feel that having more people

see the mayhem may remove their apathy, and force them into asking questions.

<<parts removed>>>

Maybe they will then get onto considering the various issues involved.

Maybe I'm an opimist.

<<parts removed>>

There doesn't seem to be much middle ground *being represented* here. That seems to me to be a huge part of the problem.

I fully agree with you.

However, there is one bloke in the middle ground.

He was manning a thatched hut he had built

on Democracy Monument when I last saw him on Sunday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11401580@N03/2950932449/

Indeed, unless the middle ground get involved

the "elite" and the "extremists" will get it all their own way.

At least this time they are having a fair few months to be warned about

the consequences of political apathy.

2. the religion ceremony

Maybe that week will be much more interesting and even bad:

just listen at TOC ASTV Channel that there some information that the police is seeking to arrest General Anupong Paochinda.

If that would happen the whole will escalate and likely run out of any control.

Cheers.

2. the religion ceremony

just listen at TOC ASTV Channel that there some information that the police is seeking to arrest General Anupong Paochinda.

Cheers.

Thanks Reimar. Do you know on what grounds they may want him arrested? Could it be that Cowardly Somchai wants this while the little coward travels and is afraid of a coup? I think you are right, arrest Anupong, on trumped charges, and it will be out of control.

Thanks Reimar. Do you know on what grounds they may want him arrested? Could it be that Cowardly Somchai wants this while the little coward travels and is afraid of a coup? I think you are right, arrest Anupong, on trumped charges, and it will be out of control.

They told that the police like to use that Gen. Anupong did not was follow the request of his "Boss" the PM and Defense Minister!

And it's maybe true that Somchai is using the Beging Meeting as excuse not to be in Thailand at the time maybe everything escalates.

For me all of that looks well planned and timed because one goes over in the next, step by step, started tomorrow but open end!

Cheers.

2. the religion ceremony

Cheers.

If it's true, would be a ridiculous step. But then again, TOC. I wonder if anything a little less biased will print something about this.

2. the religion ceremony

Cheers.

You don't know who supports who. Everyone blames Anupong for not staging a coup. It seems the second level is united (but not sure). But what if Thaksin bought the third level?

that would end in a civil war.

2. the religion ceremony

Cheers.

You don't know who supports who. Everyone blames Anupong for not staging a coup. It seems the second level is united (but not sure). But what if Thaksin bought the third level?

that would end in a civil war.

Not sure if everyone blames him. But is it possible to believe that the police would arrest him? :o

These types of statements explaining what a group of people are planning to do, are pure speculation.

The COMPLETE military Upper Command was united on TV.

So "it" has to be an attempt to take out the complete command structure of the armed forces at a stroke,

and install another level. Not go after one man for ALLEGED disobedience.

Nice move, at a time of international conflict too...

Except he said THE SAME THING TO SAMAK... NO.

and NOTHING happened.

So why do they think this time they can go get him....

The ONLY difference is the early Oct. Military reshuffle.

Does Thaksin now bet he has gotten enough players high enough to move on the army brass?

Clearly they have not being acting in HIS best interests.

Have they not been buying enough good spying on the lower ranks to know WHO

is most likely to make a move on them? And have trip wires in place and a few Claymores too.

~I can not imagine that a police unit can go onto an army base here

to arrest the top generals and actually pull it off. Hello boys, here's the gate,

or the stockade, cool your heels for a spell.

I think this Salang guy and his 1,000 thugs is being used as a stalking horse

to make the army move, in DEFENCE of the little people protesting,

or be made to look aquiecent in their slaughter, and then appear to disobey Somchai.

This kind of machination is way above Somchai's pay grade....

This is truly Machiavellian state craft. I know who's read "The Prince."

A nouvelle Ceasar Borgia for the 21st century with portfolio and his own Lucrezia..

And is it any wonder one side is loath to even consider letting Thaksin back in?

Edited by animatic

sunrise 07

He can't if he stay to the truth!

Correct - seems the only thing you ever get is bullsh!t from this person

The COMPLETE military Upper Command was united on TV.

So "it" has to be an attempt to take out the complete command structure of the armed forces at a stroke,

and install another level. Not go after one man for ALLEGED disobedience.

Nice move, at a time of international conflict too...

Except he said THE SAME THING TO SAMAK... NO.

and NOTHING happened.

So why do they think this time they can go get him....

The ONLY difference is the early Oct. Military reshuffle.

Does Thaksin now bet he has gotten enough players high enough to move on the army brass?

Clearly they have not being acting in HIS best interests.

Have they not been buying enough good spying on the lower ranks to know WHO

is most likely to make a move on them? And have trip wires in place and a few Claymores too.

~I can not imagine that a police unit can go onto an army base here

to arrest the top generals and actually pull it off. Hello boys, here's the gate,

or the stockade, cool your heels for a spell.

I think this Salang guy and his 1,000 thugs is being used as a stalking horse

to make the army move, in DEFENCE of the little people protesting,

or be made to look aquiecent in their slaughter, and then appear to disobey Somchai.

This kind of machination is way above Somchai's pay grade....

This is truly Machiavellian state craft. I know who's read "The Prince."

A nouvelle Ceasar Borgia for the 21st century with portfolio and his own Lucrezia..

And is it any wonder one side is loath to even consider letting Thaksin back in?

I think somewhere amongst this carefully constructed code, a more than passing semblance to the truth of the unfolding power play can be found.

Military coups have come in many stripes, sizes and flavours in the past, but has there ever been one to match this Macchiavellian plot, if it comes to pass in the near future?? :o

What is beyond comprehension is the fact that Salang has not been reprimanded or arrested for his incitement to violence comments, which surely must be breaking several laws? The Thai police really are a law unto themselves, which doesn't bode well for peaceful resolution of this growing conflict in the short or longer terms.

One of the main polarizing factors today is TOC., or whatever their Thai channel is called. It has a following that ONLY gets their news from them. Pure propaganda, worse than Fox news.

My MIL falls asleep every night with them blaring out their propaganda. The Thai population would be well advised to balance their news sources.

And for the record - for those that are so feverishly partisan - I do not support the idiotic govt., or the idiotic PAD.

Edited by OlRedEyes

One man's blaring propaganda,

is another man's truth to be silenced at all costs.

And a third man's lies to be silenced at all costs.

And the average somchai's background noise in life.

He who is without doubt,

makes a hel_l of a great zealot!

Edited by animatic

He who is without doubt,

Which is why the cannon fodder comes from the lower end of the intelligence scale.

An interesting article in today's B. Post:

THAI POLITICS

Parliamentary cretinism of the commentariat

MICHAEL CONNORS

In the next few days it is possible that blood may spill in the streets of Bangkok, as anti-Thaksin hand-clappers meet pro-Thaksin foot stompers. Impending constitutional amendments and the coming judgement on the Rachadapisek land case, the proximate cause of the mobilisation, will be met with acclaim or opprobrium depending on which side of the chimerical divide you stand.

The rest of the article can be found HERE

Any thoughts or comments?

He who is without doubt,

Which is why the cannon fodder comes from the lower end of the intelligence scale.

hmmmm cmsally is willing to make a statement about people's intelligence?

An interesting article in today's B. Post:

THAI POLITICS

Parliamentary cretinism of the commentariat

MICHAEL CONNORS

The rest of the article can be found HERE

Any thoughts or comments?

I like this guy he sees things pretty clearly.

He is one of the FEW barely biased commentators I have read so far.

As wannabe royalist guardians (the People's Alliance for Democracy) face off against authoritarian apologists (The National United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship) and respectively don the masks of law versus democratic mandate, the shrill, international media Chorus of Misunderstanding grows louder. "Settle your differences by the ballot," they say. "Respect the election outcome," and all other sorts of sanctimonious dross..........

The naive among them will expect that the Thai political system functions like any other electoral democracy, even given the contending forces now antagonistically poised. The pro-Thaksin propagandists will pretend that the system can function - because they hold the House..........

The cretinism is external, imposed by a commentariat that is conceited about their own nation's democratic credentials, and who are more than willing to take a bet on Thaksin's pro-Western and pro-democratic stand, while glossing over his regime's authoritarianism..............

They wish to control the state, to penetrate its inner sanctums and to ensure that the state's general line accords with their party preference...............

That there are not enough institutional incentives to induce parliamentary cretinism is one reason for the high likelihood that blood will colour red the streets of Bangkok in the coming days.

American Heritage Dictionary

1. A person afflicted with cretinism.

2. Slang An idiot.

I think it maybe Cabinet Cretinism if anything this time around...

Jokes aside, this Connors fellow seems well read and sharp.

The screaming irony is to see so many supporters of the "Authoritarian Apologists",

screaming 'fasicists' at the other side, all day long, as if their side isn't the jackboots

in the streets and / or sue them into silence side of things.

If you want to see a TRUE fascist state, let Thaksin come back in control.

Edited by animatic