Pattaya Clean Up Started

monty

I've always gone overboard on licenses because they cost next to nothing and give you some greater flexibility but as Monty said, it is nigh on impossible to get a straightforward explanation of anything official from those who really just want to fine you for some infringement of a previously unknown rule.

Not sure why they have to close though ? Get a bar license (should have already) and open as a bar from whenever. It's the sex onsite which is the problem.

"Get a bar license (should have already) and open as a bar from whenever" :o:D:D

i think you answered it yourselfe

" it is nigh on impossible to get a straightforward explanation of anything official"

Moving the goal posts! :D

but i think now its changed its a lot easier, ive wrote it down for all staff so they dont forget,

4pm open bar and sell coke, coffee & tea,

5pm can sell beer,

6pm girls start work.

oh, and all go home 2am.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

From pattayagogos.com news

there would be a new compromise

for a "discrete" opening at 4pm :o

By way of a sensible sounding compromise,

bars will open at 4pm with just a couple of (respectably dressed ladies outside).

Most importantly they should not hassle the passers by, and definitely not grab them by the balls.

And hasslesome lady boys are definitely banned.

I am wondering if the BIB will notice the Country Inn etc in Jomtien are open at 10am with a couple of punters having a few early morning brews. My information is that it is owned/controlled by the Police just down the road who definitely are frequent visitors so I guess not.

:o

CB

I am wondering if the BIB will notice the Country Inn etc in Jomtien are open at 10am with a couple of punters having a few early morning brews. My information is that it is owned/controlled by the Police just down the road who definitely are frequent visitors so I guess not.

:D

CB

I would keep an eye on Wonderful bar(s) on 2nd road for the same reason. :D When they close EVERYONE in the area closes.

Had a girl on the phone yesterday who works near Wonderful saying she is working to 6am every day this week because no punters. :o The news of the rule interpretation has not filtered down 2nd Rd that far yet.

Dunno heard conflicting reports some bars open with ladies out, others peaking out doorways trying to lure customers in.

There are several back entrances in 6/1, or so I believe :o

I believe it would be fair comment to state that the availibility of back entrances has added to the popularity of Soi 6 bars :D

What happened on Soi 6 over the weekend please? Did the bars open normally at lunchtime?

Some of them are trying to operate behind closed doors, but not sure they will keep on doing it with the police checking closely, and a few places getting caught already. Expensive at 30,000 Baht fine along with a 30 day closure!

Pubs like Queen Vic and Lord Nelson can open all day as long as they have the proper resto/hotel/guesthouse licenses.

The only thing the officials can bother them with is the alcohol law, which states that you can only sell between 11 AM and 2 PM and between 5 PM and 11 PM.

IMO, unfortunately this crackdown is here to stay!

They are however trying to work out a compromise, as of today this means:

Bar open at 4 PM, but no ladies (apart from a few proper dressed ones who can post as "waitresses") and no alcohol.

From 5 PM alcohol can be sold.

From 6 PM, when the entertainment license kicks in, the ladies can come out...

Belgians eh? Isn't that a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

Everyone knows that whatever they do it won't last.....ive a few weeks and it goes back to "normal"............

what time do bars close now?

12, 1, 2, there's been so many rulings over the years.....

What happened on Soi 6 over the weekend please? Did the bars open normally at lunchtime?

Some of them are trying to operate behind closed doors, but not sure they will keep on doing it with the police checking closely, and a few places getting caught already. Expensive at 30,000 Baht fine along with a 30 day closure!

Pubs like Queen Vic and Lord Nelson can open all day as long as they have the proper resto/hotel/guesthouse licenses.

The only thing the officials can bother them with is the alcohol law, which states that you can only sell between 11 AM and 2 PM and between 5 PM and 11 PM.

Bar open at 4 PM, but no ladies (apart from a few proper dressed ones who can post as "waitresses") and no alcohol.

MMMM...interesting that the Vic and their establishmenrts are exempt but the Sportsman not............I like the bit about only 2 women and "properly" dressed....properly dressed for what???

I hear there will be another meeting in a few days/weeks.

Is there any significance in the rumour that a businesswoman has bought the street - the thoroughfare that is?

i would have thought that most of Soi Sex business is carried out in the afternoon?

MMMM...interesting that the Vic and their establishmenrts are exempt but the Sportsman not............I like the bit about only 2 women and "properly" dressed....properly dressed for what???

I hear there will be another meeting in a few days/weeks.

Is there any significance in the rumour that a businesswoman has bought the street - the thoroughfare that is?

i would have thought that most of Soi Sex business is carried out in the afternoon?

"Is there any significance in the rumour that a businesswoman has bought the street - the thoroughfare that is?"

not heard of it, but maybe? it was reported to be owned by the bank at top of soi 6 on 2nd road, however there is a lady overlooking all this, now what her actul role is, and weather its official i have no idea, some rhoumurs even sujjest its all down for girls longtime bennifeit of working less hours per day, weather they want it or not???

"I hear there will be another meeting in a few days/weeks."

very good chance of that as so many gov/poice/licencing etc bodies are involved, but i have no dates yet, normally we are all told things 1 or 2 days before.

"Pubs like Queen Vic and Lord Nelson can open all day as long as they have the proper resto/hotel/guesthouse licenses."

they too must be able to predict a futre not as good, the "market Tavern" was a great bar, till the market moved!

"IMO, unfortunately this crackdown is here to stay!"

who knows? no -one, most i would like is for whoever thought of this very good idea, is to get promoted to a better job, say chang mai, and the new person in charge to show his authority by making us all open longer hours!

The new regulation will stay as long as the smoking ban :o

It seems to me that it was simply an overreaction to some bad articles in the press. But soon the normality will return (thanks!).

It is for me, as Pattayian, very annoying not being able to have a Saturday afternoon beer and a chat with a lady (I really don't mind about Soi 6 though)!

What a stupid idea!

Looks like it is there to stay.

The Chonburi governor denied any compromise as mentioned above, 6 PM strictly it will remain :o

It does seem to be contained to soi 6 at the moment though...

Remember this is not some silly shady long forgotten law they are enforcing, the 6 PM till 2 AM opening is clearly noted on the entertainment license the soi 6 bars are operating under!

The Chonburi governor denied any compromise as mentioned above, 6 PM strictly it will remain :D

Remember this is not some silly shady long forgotten law they are enforcing, the 6 PM till 2 AM opening is clearly noted on the entertainment license the soi 6 bars are operating under!

"It does seem to be contained to soi 6 at the moment though..."

I sure hope this crackdown (rule enforcement) stays confined to Soi 6. I hope it's not the beggining of a city-wide "plan." When I come to Thailand for my two-week holiday, I like to have the option of hitting a beer bar (or wherever) whenever I feel the need. I fear this action could very well be the phased implementation of a city-wide rule enforcement to inlude soi 7, soi8, soi new plaza, etc...that would be terrible. :o

All residents of Patters - keep us updated.

The Chonburi governor denied any compromise as mentioned above, 6 PM strictly it will remain :D

I sure hope this crackdown (rule enforcement) stays confined to Soi 6. I hope it's not the beggining of a city-wide "plan." When I come to Thailand for my two-week holiday, I like to have the option of hitting a beer bar (or wherever) whenever I feel the need. I fear this action could very well be the phased implementation of a city-wide rule enforcement to inlude soi 7, soi8, soi new plaza, etc...that would be terrible. :o

"Remember this is not some silly shady long forgotten law they are enforcing"

the few bars open daytime in the soi that can serve beer are back to the 11am to 2pm can serve beer then 2pm to 5pm cannot.

"I sure hope this crackdown (rule enforcement) stays confined to Soi 6. "

so do i, as i wouldnt wish this on any other bar or customers, having said that, rhoumour on soi 6 is its going everywhere, but speak to anyone else and they aint even heard of it, so as usual we have no idea, there is yet another meeting today, where i expect to be still none the wiser

as of now, the 4pm open 5pm sell beer, 6pm girls, was changed again yesterday to 6pm open???

chris

"Remember this is not some silly shady long forgotten law they are enforcing"

the few bars open daytime in the soi that can serve beer are back to the 11am to 2pm can serve beer then 2pm to 5pm cannot.

"I sure hope this crackdown (rule enforcement) stays confined to Soi 6. "

so do i, as i wouldnt wish this on any other bar or customers, having said that, rhoumour on soi 6 is its going everywhere, but speak to anyone else and they aint even heard of it, so as usual we have no idea, there is yet another meeting today, where i expect to be still none the wiser

as of now, the 4pm open 5pm sell beer, 6pm girls, was changed again yesterday to 6pm open???

chris

I really feel for you business owners/operators. Rules change day-by-day and if you're not in compliance with the latest version or interpretation of the "rules", you could get a hefty fine and/or closure.

well just come back from another meeting and happy to say all can open again although we have to tone it down a bit and girls should not be on the outside so much, but basically the council/licence people lisstened today and with the help of some thai local buisness owners we got a deal.

and the lady who runs pook bar, did most of the footwork, so shes to thank in all this!

chris

Back to noon opening??? Hmmm wonder how much dosh was exchanged to get this done amicably? :o(hopefully the katoey crotch grabbers ban is still in effect)

Any rate good news, common sense has prevailed. :D

You love it don't you. they go straight for you every time. :D