Hanoi Airport Transfer

mikejphuket

Outside the Terminal building there are Vans that will take you to your hotel for $2-3.

Do you think the vans would have room for bicycle boxes (2) or am I dreaming?

Hmmm. Not sure really to be honest. They are Mini buses and dont leave the airport until full (or almost full depending on drivers whim).

Maybe could put on roof but wouldnt like to guarantee it.

Maybe a bit of negotiation will be in order for the bikes to take the space of passengers.

Good luck and a have a great trip :o

Forget the vans then. However, unlike Thailand, the Taxis do actually have plenty of room, take a 7-seater. I brought back a bike from Thailand, plus plenty of other luggage, and it was no problem at all to fit it in.

Seems expensive, but the whole tourism sector has been going crazy this year. Take a Noi Bai Airport Taxi (not one of the rogue Taxis), should be around 10 - 15 USD.

Spot on. The official Airport Taxis ask for a fixed fare of 200,000 dongs, about 12USD.

Unimpressive experience with the other taxis who gang together to ask a high price. A textbook example of a captive market, if one doesn't know the other options.

Fortunately there are the vans at 2-3USD per trip, but I don't think they are suitable to transport bicycles.

Forget the vans then. However, unlike Thailand, the Taxis do actually have plenty of room, take a 7-seater. I brought back a bike from Thailand, plus plenty of other luggage, and it was no problem at all to fit it in.

Thanks for that- just have to decide how much adventure i want to start the trip with! A 7 seat taxi is a big car or small mini van?

As I am off to Hanoi on a border run soon, I got a few snippets from the website. Happy to share 'em with you.

•The main taxi operators in Hanoi include Hanoi Taxi, CP Taxi and Mai Linh Taxi

•We found Hanoi Taxis to be very reliable, clean cars, pleasant drivers and metered fares.

It is useful to have your destination written down as western versions of Vietnamese names are not easily recognisable to native speakers

•The flag down fare is 11,000 VND and increments are in 1,000 VND units.

•Taxi fares are cheap (despite the astronomic numbers when you pay in Dong): $1 to $1.50/km. (1 US$ = 16,000 VND); some meters display the fare divided by 1,000.

•The easiest way to get from the airport into town is by taxi. The airport is located 35km from the city and the ride takes about 45 minutes to an hour. A taxi into the city generally costs between $10 and $12. Settle on the price with your driver prior to departure and also determine if you are responsible for the $2 US toll at the bridge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for your email to us. It's my great pleasure to reply you as below:

By the way about airport pick up. It costs 15USD for a whole car/taxi with 4 seats or 20USD for a whole car/taxi with 7 seats. I will arrange the pick up for you upon your request, pls let me know your flight No,arrival time. Our staff will hold a sign with your name on please take notice on it

Phone No: 84 4 9285312 Fax: 84 4 9285312 Hotline: 84 1682 656776

Email: [email protected] OR [email protected]

"Taxi fares are cheap... $1 to $1.50/km."

"The airport is located 35km from the city..."

"A taxi into the city generally costs between $10 and $12." [/i]

I guess that's 'new' math.

Do any of the hotels provide transportation if you've booked with them?

As I am off to Hanoi on a border run soon, I got a few snippets from the website. Happy to share 'em with you.

•The main taxi operators in Hanoi include Hanoi Taxi, CP Taxi and Mai Linh Taxi

•We found Hanoi Taxis to be very reliable, clean cars, pleasant drivers and metered fares.

It is useful to have your destination written down as western versions of Vietnamese names are not easily recognisable to native speakers

•The flag down fare is 11,000 VND and increments are in 1,000 VND units.

•Taxi fares are cheap (despite the astronomic numbers when you pay in Dong): $1 to $1.50/km. (1 US$ = 16,000 VND); some meters display the fare divided by 1,000.

•The easiest way to get from the airport into town is by taxi. The airport is located 35km from the city and the ride takes about 45 minutes to an hour. A taxi into the city generally costs between $10 and $12. Settle on the price with your driver prior to departure and also determine if you are responsible for the $2 US toll at the bridge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for your email to us. It's my great pleasure to reply you as below:

By the way about airport pick up. It costs 15USD for a whole car/taxi with 4 seats or 20USD for a whole car/taxi with 7 seats. I will arrange the pick up for you upon your request, pls let me know your flight No,arrival time. Our staff will hold a sign with your name on please take notice on it

Phone No: 84 4 9285312 Fax: 84 4 9285312 Hotline: 84 1682 656776

Email: [email protected] OR [email protected]

Great info- thank you very much

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I have been quoted $55 US for a transfer to my centrally located hotel. Is this reasonable or does anyone have a better way? Arriving Hanoi at 19:40 hrs

Hello There ! :o

Hanoi Airport Transfer ?

It takes about 2 hours from landing time to arrival to your hotel.

It can be booked in advance at [email protected] or [email protected]

and you can check it on website noibaitaxi.com

You have 4 choices to transfer from airport to Hanoi central:

• Easy way is by taxi (VND 250,000 or about $16): please be very quick to call a taxi once you finished passport control procedures & get your luggage if your flight arrived so late. Some bad taxi driver may tell that "Your hotel is full tonight" then take you to other bad hotel to get commission, so please ask the driver take you to exactly address of your hotel.

• Cheap way is by 15-seat mini bus of Vietnam Airlines ($2/person) to Vietnam Airlines Head Office at No. 1 Quang Trung Street, then walk to your hotel.

• Cheapest way is by public bus (no luggage & before 21:00 only): first you get bus No. 7 (yellow & red color) VND 5,000 from Noi Bai airport to Cau Giay, then change into bus No. 9 (VND 3,000) from Cau Giay to Bo Ho (Hoan Kiem lake in Hanoi central), then walk to your hotel. The total costs for both bus trips would be VND 8,000 (or 50 US cents).

• Some hotel offer free airport pickup service if you stay more than three night. In fact, they included pickup charge to your room charge.

Good luck

post-81502-1240185745_thumb.jpg

Edited by especentravel

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

last year most hotels were on about 25usd. 50 probably unreasonable

I booked Hanoi Airport Transfer via Yourlocalbooking.com. Good not to have toworry about finding a taxi when we arrived in an unfamiliar place to take us toour hotel. A private driver who is waiting for you when you arrive is wellworth the expense and hassle. The price is 18$ for route NoiBai Airport- Ha Noi and only $12 for route Hanoi to Noi Bai Airport (Updated18/05/2011)

They also offer many airport transfer services from major cities in VietNam like Ha Long Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Da lat, Nha Trang. Ho Chi Minh

It is quite convenience to book the whole journey with them.

"Taxi fares are cheap... $1 to $1.50/km."

"The airport is located 35km from the city..."

"A taxi into the city generally costs between $10 and $12." [/i]

I guess that's 'new' math.

Do any of the hotels provide transportation if you've booked with them?

If you insist on paying the meter price you may well end up paying a lot. Just negotiate the price up front.

I'm going to stay at the Hanoi Golden PLaza Hotel in Hanoi when I go there early next year. Google it and check it out. It seems a great little place form about B1,000 per night. Trip Advisor gives it 5 stars!!

I always stay at the Melia hotel in Hanoi- one of my fav hotels in asia and good value- @100US$ per night , very nice rooms, flat screen TVs, good internet.

And if you have gold card/buisness class flight, the airport lounge has the nicest food of all lounges in asia i think..

Edited by ExpatJ