Foolish

thesunset75

Just came across my mind when I feel like im a fool, so I would like to know how and by whom make you feel like this.

Well usually people don't need any help for making fools of themselves, and I admit too having done so on several occasions :D:o:D

cheers

onzestan

Edited by onzestan

Just came across my mind when I feel like im a fool, so I would like to know how and by whom make you feel like this.

Well usually people don't need any help for making fools of themselves, and I admit too having done so on several occasions :D:o:D

cheers

onzestan

Thank you :D

Yes i am trying to admit...almost give up everything and go home.

Kinda hard but..I will go on

You're not a fool. You're just feeling homesick. That's not unusual for a person to feel. Moving to another country can be a very big change for people. It takes time to make the adjustment, but you can do it. It will get easier.

^ agree.

thesunset75: 20 yrs in Surat Thani 12 yrs in BKK and now end up in Holland

Give yourself time. Read information/talk to others about how they adjust to a new country/situation/culture. Its ok to have days when you just want to escape. Chok dii kha!

As for feeling like a fool, i often do! But most often can just laugh it off. :o

I i have my own home (with happy family) if i have no kis who go along well with my bf...I would have gonr by now.

if....if..if...if...i really love this man.

OK.....im drunk cuz i listen to RJTL...having a bottle of wine......and didnt EAT.

Tomorrow I will post agin how i feel.

Love you all.......TV

You're not a fool. You're just feeling homesick. That's not unusual for a person to feel. Moving to another country can be a very big change for people. It takes time to make the adjustment, but you can do it. It will get easier.

Really BIG change and im really homesick :o

Firstly to answer your question, Myself and on disturbingly regular basis I might add :D , like when I wake up after an all nighter on the town with the friends :D , and cry never never again my head hammering my stomach churning but knowing very well that it soon will happen again :D .

I am also a gadget man and whenever I see something new I cant resist buying it, then when I get home and sit with my new gadget in the sofa I more often than not think why the hel_l did you buy that and when are you ever going to use it :D

Anyway I hope you will feel better starting on a new fresh day :o

Really BIG change and im really homesick :o

Of course. But I'm sure you also realize that it's up to you to set your own priorities and learn the best way to stay focused on your goals. What's the most important thing for you and your future right now? How long do you plan to stay where you are? Probably not forever. Time will pass by more quickly than you realize right now. You can still keep in touch with your family, can't you? Even though it's not quite the same, call them, email them or IM them. It helps. Also find something to do to occupy your time so you don't think so much about being so far away. When you have a break and if you can afford to do so, them fly back home for a visit.

I think when you get past living there for 6 months or a year, you'll feel okay. But for now, missing your family is a very natural and normal thing to feel. And remember also, you have friends right here at TV. :D

A foolish passed the test :D

My bf came home wiht flowers in his hand and says sorry and he wont do it agian, sorry that he hurt me somuch (its work) !!!!!

I had one bottle of red wine + didnt eat - :o:D:D hehehe

First fast glass fine, second glass geting emotional, third getting drunk, fourth drunk drunk.

Woke up in the morning with heacache and tummy knocking for food :D I learn that dont drink toomuch when your tummy is empty haha

Now im go on agian ;

I am here 8 months now and will be here at least 13 years untill my son is 18. I didnt plan to go home anytime soon but last night i was in point of be away and home is only way to go. I still keep in touch with my family chat online -email and call them from time to time.

Sound so cold but I dont really miss my family after i lost my dad 3 years ago. My family wants me to be there then i can support them in manyway i did before i came here that why.

I am more miss my friends :( I was away from family since im in BKK cuz most of them are down south - Surat Thani and they only miss my son and really love him.

Moved here to my bf dream to have a good life with him and better education for my son, left family and my house, property behind some says im stupid and blind, but i do what I want.

I will have a dutch course soon so that will keep me busy study and being a mother and gf and house work. Meet new people new friends.

Take a week vacation to Italy later this month (any recoment always welcome) im going to Venice - Pisa - Lucca - Florence.

So, just want to update my feeling and share what going on wiht me.

Thank you for all support TVs agian and see you around.

Sunset

Firstly to answer your question, Myself and on disturbingly regular basis I might add :D , like when I wake up after an all nighter on the town with the friends :D , and cry never never again my head hammering my stomach churning but knowing very well that it soon will happen again :D .

I am also a gadget man and whenever I see something new I cant resist buying it, then when I get home and sit with my new gadget in the sofa I more often than not think why the hel_l did you buy that and when are you ever going to use it :D

Anyway I hope you will feel better starting on a new fresh day :o

In 1981, this way of life got painful enough for me that I joined Alcoholics Anonymous in Cincinnati, Ohio. Today I am a very happy, living-alone, working-in-Thailand expat, with many adventures behind me and seemingly many ahead. Chok dee to you. I believe your spirit will pull you through.

Well, let's see now, The Netherlands is a decent place to be except for the large amount of dairy products they eat. (Thankfully, most are not lactose intolerant, because if it was in the USA, the fumes would be lethal.) There's lots to discover. I go nuts at the musuems in Amsterdam. My friend made me visit Haarlem and after a day there, I asked him, why did I have to go and he said, imagine spending 20 years of your life here. :D At least you do not live in Den Haag. :o

The Dutch are at least normal people. Once you charm them with your smile, you will see the Dutch can smile too. :D

It looks like you made the first big step in taking care of you. How about considering a few more steps? Sure the schools are great for your kids, but there is nothing stopping you from one day going to school too. There are lots of opportunities for adult education and job skill training. Who knows, maybe you will find something interesting that you will want to do. Know what I liked best about Holland? The cities have trees and green spaces and you can usually breathe when walking around. You can hear birds in the trees. And best of all, unlike some EU countries, the plumbing works. The only bad thing I have to say is that the Dutch are so tall, I felt like a little midget and was going to be stepped on, and my friends when they wnt drinking, insisted on singing and they could not sing. It was like karaoke night in Thailand :D

Hey Sunset you are far from a fool....I read your comments with great interest.....

I see already you are positive...learning dutch etc.

Go get it girl you have it in you...

Best wishes

Hello 473geo :o

Yes last week i felt like a fool but this weekend i got better was a busy weekend but great.

Went to friend's kid BD party and my son has a first horse riding, then we visited parent in law had dinner wiht them.

Today we went to see movie - Space Chimps with my son and 1 classmate his brother and mom. We back and played in the park infront of the house till end of the day and drop them home which they live near by.

I am getting more and more positive now thank you for all your support.

See you around.

Sunset

Well, let's see now, The Netherlands is a decent place to be except for the large amount of dairy products they eat. (Thankfully, most are not lactose intolerant, because if it was in the USA, the fumes would be lethal.) There's lots to discover. I go nuts at the musuems in Amsterdam. My friend made me visit Haarlem and after a day there, I asked him, why did I have to go and he said, imagine spending 20 years of your life here. :( At least you do not live in Den Haag. :o

The Dutch are at least normal people. Once you charm them with your smile, you will see the Dutch can smile too. :D

It looks like you made the first big step in taking care of you. How about considering a few more steps? Sure the schools are great for your kids, but there is nothing stopping you from one day going to school too. There are lots of opportunities for adult education and job skill training. Who knows, maybe you will find something interesting that you will want to do. Know what I liked best about Holland? The cities have trees and green spaces and you can usually breathe when walking around. You can hear birds in the trees. And best of all, unlike some EU countries, the plumbing works. The only bad thing I have to say is that the Dutch are so tall, I felt like a little midget and was going to be stepped on, and my friends when they wnt drinking, insisted on singing and they could not sing. It was like karaoke night in Thailand :D

Thank you for another nice support :D

Yup my smile melting all the snow here they says hahahahaha

I went to Haarlem - hour from where i live, the rich area great bars and stuffs , big big houses there. I thought what are these people doing for work why they have such a castles and great environment !

School is great for my son, hes there 7 months now and learning Dutch so fast which he speaks only dutch with m bf at home.

With me mainly we speaks English and he understand when i speak Thai.

About my education - im in progress of waiting for school to contact my when they will available, great things is, free Dutch school, free transportation and day care if I have to put my son in day care while im studying.

Meeting and get together more wiht parents from my son's school. Meet up my bf's friends and their family which they have bigger kids than mine, sharing how life here and how to live and handle with new things.

I am here together with bf only 8 months manything to adjust to each other, me being too sensitive and he is opposite.

Me have myown way of dealing things since i was in BKK on my own. Me who shut myself off when i angry or have somehting in my mind.

many more to come - go :D

Will share more here time to time.

Best wish,

Thesunset

So do you live in The Netherlands now?

I'm still in a terrible situation of having my girlfriend in Thailand and me sitting here. I'm going back to Thailand in 3 weeks again, to stay there half year. But it's hard for both of us to make the decission of where to live.

I'm still in a terrible situation of having my girlfriend in Thailand and me sitting here. I'm going back to Thailand in 3 weeks again, to stay there half year. But it's hard for both of us to make the decission of where to live.

Yes im in Netherlands, i came here Feb 10, 2008.

I was plan to move to US before to study MA but i had amny things to do in Thailand and too TOEFL course but finally im here in NL.

My bf and I we both agreed to live here so that is good thing, cuz if he live in Thailand we sure we cant work what he like like he is in his own country and I want my son to have better education than to be in international school in BKK.

Yes im in Netherlands, i came here Feb 10, 2008.

I was plan to move to US before to study MA but i had many things to do in Thailand and took TOEFL course but finally im here in NL.

My bf and I we both agreed to live here so that is good thing, cuz if he live in Thailand we sure we cant work what he like, like he is in his own country and I want my son to have better education than to be in international school in BKK.

To paraphrase: How do I tell thee; let me count the ways.

I am old! I think I became a cynic because of age. When you are cynical, you doubt many things that come your way. And thus you miss many opportunities of advancement. :D Or WHAT A FOOL I AM.

I am a ex-mensa graduate so am believed to be smart. Wrong!! You just have a bigger ego than the average person. :D OH WHAT A FOOL I AM.

While in the Army in the early fifties at a radar site in Formosa (now Taiwan) I was heating my hotdogs and sausages in the window of my radar. Never thought of the retail advantages. (Never looked it up but think radar ovens were invented in middle fifties) :D OH WHAT A FOOL I AM.

I wont bore you good people anymore with my foolish life but would like to leave you with a thought I have found universally true. When your mouth is open, your ears are shut. Don't be an utter fool like me, listen to advice of others and think with your mouth closed. :o

Have a nice day. :D:(

To paraphrase: How do I tell thee; let me count the ways.

I am old! I think I became a cynic because of age. When you are cynical, you doubt many things that come your way. And thus you miss many opportunities of advancement. :D Or WHAT A FOOL I AM.

I am a ex-mensa graduate so am believed to be smart. Wrong!! You just have a bigger ego than the average person. :D OH WHAT A FOOL I AM.

While in the Army in the early fifties at a radar site in Formosa (now Taiwan) I was heating my hotdogs and sausages in the window of my radar. Never thought of the retail advantages. (Never looked it up but think radar ovens were invented in middle fifties) :D OH WHAT A FOOL I AM.

I wont bore you good people anymore with my foolish life but would like to leave you with a thought I have found universally true. When your mouth is open, your ears are shut. Don't be an utter fool like me, listen to advice of others and think with your mouth closed. :o

Have a nice day. :D:(

Good Monday morning :D

To fool yourself and someone make you feel like a fool/stupid or he/she fooling you around is difference feeling.

Thank you and nice to share anyway.

I i have my own home (with happy family) if i have no kis who go along well with my bf...I would have gonr by now.

if....if..if...if...i really love this man.

OK.....im drunk cuz i listen to RJTL...having a bottle of wine......and didnt EAT.

Tomorrow I will post agin how i feel.

Love you all.......TV

oops :D:o

I said Vodka!!!!!

Edited by RakJungTorlae