Democrats And 40 Senators Press Charge Against Somchai Wongsawat

Guest Reimar

I must ask those people wht would happen if the rule of law was abandoned

and each person was allowed to do as they wish.

The concept of class is necessary for anarchy.

Free will would mean some people would ignore the social contract

and injure others. Amoral people exist, hense the need for laws

and enforcement. Sadly when the amoral, or at least weak moraled,

controled by the amoral, control the levers of power then something must be done.

Often those seeking, or in power, are the most easily drawn and twisted by it's grasp.

Sycophants and weedlers talking bilge, and the ability to be Yes Sir'd till you really believe it.

Nothing like being 'The Boss' no backtalk to warp ones mind for good.

Sometimes those amorly controled things are such a challenge to defeat

that things normally below ones typical moral rectitude are needed

to force a just ending.

It is ONLY when one gets caught up in a necessary lesser evil

to end a much greater evil, that the problems of power madness set in.

As to Class being necessary for anarchy... poppycock.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary

Anarchy

1. Absence of government; the state of society where there is no law or supreme power;

a state of lawlessness; political confusion. Spread anarchy and terror all around. --Cowper.

2. Hence, confusion or disorder, in general.

There being then . . . an anarchy, as I may term it, in authors and their re?koning of years. --Fuller.

Or

Dictionary.com Unabridged

1. a state of society without government or law.

2. political and social disorder due to the absence of governmental control:

The death of the king was followed by a year of anarchy.

3. a theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal

and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups

as the principal mode of organized society.

4. confusion; chaos; disorder: Intellectual and moral anarchy followed his loss of faith.

It say absolutely diddly squat about ANY class structuring.

In fact the basis negates ALL class structuring at all.

One might be better served not throwing good words around randomly.

Save then for their true meaning.

By the above def. we are already in a state of anarchy. There is no working Government now as PAD has short stopped each and every attempt of the government to govern. I dare say we are in a state of political confusion

We are surely in a state of lawlessness, with PAD kidnapping people, causing property destruction and damage, hijacking, the crimes of the PAD being used under to veil of protest. I am also so very tired of the yellow journalist continuing to rant about the UNARMED PAD PROTESTERS. Unarmed means without weapons, unless the PAD def. means Guns, Bombs, Knives, Machetes, clubs, steel bars, on an on are not weapons I will be quiet.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must ask those people wht would happen if the rule of law was abandoned

and each person was allowed to do as they wish.

The concept of class is necessary for anarchy.

Free will would mean some people would ignore the social contract

and injure others. Amoral people exist, hense the need for laws

and enforcement. Sadly when the amoral, or at least weak moraled,

controled by the amoral, control the levers of power then something must be done.

Often those seeking, or in power, are the most easily drawn and twisted by it's grasp.

Sycophants and weedlers talking bilge, and the ability to be Yes Sir'd till you really believe it.

Nothing like being 'The Boss' no backtalk to warp ones mind for good.

Sometimes those amorly controled things are such a challenge to defeat

that things normally below ones typical moral rectitude are needed

to force a just ending.

It is ONLY when one gets caught up in a necessary lesser evil

to end a much greater evil, that the problems of power madness set in.

As to Class being necessary for anarchy... poppycock.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary

Anarchy

1. Absence of government; the state of society where there is no law or supreme power;

a state of lawlessness; political confusion. Spread anarchy and terror all around. --Cowper.

2. Hence, confusion or disorder, in general.

There being then . . . an anarchy, as I may term it, in authors and their re?koning of years. --Fuller.

Or

Dictionary.com Unabridged

1. a state of society without government or law.

2. political and social disorder due to the absence of governmental control:

The death of the king was followed by a year of anarchy.

3. a theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government as a political ideal

and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary association of individuals and groups

as the principal mode of organized society.

4. confusion; chaos; disorder: Intellectual and moral anarchy followed his loss of faith.

It say absolutely diddly squat about ANY class structuring.

In fact the basis negates ALL class structuring at all.

One might be better served not throwing good words around randomly.

Save then for their true meaning.

By the above def. we are already in a state of anarchy. There is no working Government now as PAD has short stopped each and every attempt of the government to govern. I dare say we are in a state of political confusion

We are surely in a state of lawlessness, with PAD kidnapping people, causing property destruction and damage, hijacking, the crimes of the PAD being used under to veil of protest. I am also so very tired of the yellow journalist continuing to rant about the UNARMED PAD PROTESTERS. Unarmed means without weapons, unless the PAD def. means Guns, Bombs, Knives, Machetes, clubs, steel bars, on an on are not weapons I will be quiet.

Actual no this is not a state of anarchy.

A state of political confusion sums it up well though.

The CENTRAL government policy makers are presently hamstrung, but :

The permanent ministries are still working

Police and Army/Navy/Airforce still working

Border and immigration still working

Most all transport gov or private still working

Local and Tambon administrations are still working

Taxes are still being collected and over pay return checks doled out

Bargirls still taking men home, somtam still sold openly on most street corners.

No anarchy in sight, just localized disturbance.

Business as usual with 99%+ of the country

and order being kept except for about 99.98% of the country

The only Guns I have seen are in the polices hands aimed at PAD.

the only Machettes I have seen are in DAAD hands.

Yes PAD has sticks and clubs and pipes and apparently one slingshot.

But after the Samak/DAAD attack I would no be unarmed either, because I would be dead then.

Anarchy is actually very rare, think New Orleans after Katrina, Mogadishu, or Sarajevo during the seige.

Foreign policy is at a stand still, but the PPP disolution case is enough reason alone

for other countries to not want to enter into sustantive negociations when

the negociators on the Thai side might be gone in a month or two.

And THAT can be blamed TOTALLY on PPP and not a whit on PAD.

The unrest in the street is because PPP wants to rewrite the constitution

to suit Thaksin and their own fortunes. But several here want to shoot the messenger

calling foul, because it isn't dressed in livery of their preferred stripe.

The clear and present danger to Thailands future is not on the street,

but in the halls of power at the moment.

Seems some can't keep that fact in persepective.

Hi all .

Cougar 52, What you wrote about the harm inflickted on police officers by the protesters is exactly the stuff Jackrobob and his pals are putting out to the rural masses on NBT, have you no access to free Tv Stations there3 are a few that tell the truth.

phupaman.

Hey, I'm all for a coup now. It's the only way to get rid of the PAD! The PPP has proved impotent.

Probably mirrors Toxin's thoughts exactly right now.............your surname wouldn't happen to be Shina......nah.........they have better things to do than sit at their keyboards all day posting inane anti-PAD two liners and pretend to lurve democracy. Haven't you got a tub to sail on the rising Gulf sunset? Shouldn't you be checking it's still at its moorings and not been swamped by the rising tide? :D

Bet old square face would love a coup led by his intrepid cousin Chaisit and Salang Bunnag (the cop who has a string of extra-judicial killings to his name as long as your mast). :o

This is the good Khuhn Bunnag, the man who is prepared to raise an army of a thousand police officers to rout the P.A.D., once and for all.

I know nothing of his history or human rights record. Maybe other posters do.

They always look so smart in white. :D

Phuraman/Animatic,

While I do not want to flame anyone, it would be nice if the truth would be told and not so bias depending who is reporting it. Example; on the 8th the BBP reported the story about the #23 bus hijacking stating that Sonhi disavowed knowledge of it, the same day The Nation reported PAD hijacked 5 buses and negotiations we on going to recover the buses.

First if they did not take them, why are negotiations necessary?

In regards to weapons, not only video I have seen on numerous stations (Cable stations 1, 3, 5, 7, 11) all showed weapons in the hands of the PAD. Also, about the siege at NBT, I saw numerous guns in possession of PAD;

Anti-gov't protesters storm NBT television station, halt broadcast

BANGKOK: -- Hundreds of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) demonstrators broke through the closed gates of the state-run NBT television station and stormed into the premises, halting all programs, as other groups of the PAD rallies at Government House and the Ministry of Finance to press the government to resign.

After breaking through the NBT gates, the protesters poured into the premises and seized the station. The government-sponsored channel was airing its morning news programme showing the moment the protesters stormed into the the station, for a moment only, as the station went off the air.

Earlier in the day, before dawn at about 5 am, a group of people raided in to the station to try to gain control of the facility. Police eventually regained control of the building and arrested 80 of the raiders.

Police also seized guns, knives, golf clubs and mild drugs from the trespassing protesters.

Meanwhile, Sondhi Limthongkul a core leader of PAD announced at the so-called democracy movements main protest venue at Makkawan Bridge on Ratchadamneon Nok Road that the anti-government protesters had already taken control of the NBT television broadcast facility and that more PAD supporters were heading to join the group at the government television station's compound.

Hundreds of anti-government protestors also rallied at Government House and blocked all gates to its premises in an attempt to bar the Samak government's ministers from attending the weekly Cabinet meeting.

The protestors also staged a demonstration at the Ministry of Finance and the Agriculture and Co-operatives Ministry, where the PAD has reportedly taken over the premises and asked the civil servants and senior officials to stop working.

-- MCOT/TNA 2008-08-26

Footage on NBT shows protesting breaking windows

A footage on NBT's special mobile unit showed protesters storming in NBT station and braking through doors while police watched helplessly.

-- The Nation 2008-08-26

I agree, let us all use logic and think before talking, but also, observe and do not let your passion rule your thoughts. I also really agree that both sides any flaming the issue and lying out their asses. It is time to slow down, take a breath and find a way to defuse the situation, but the one thing I will say is that it is PAD that is already planning more shit to do with with there march to National Police on the 13th. Am I am the only one that sees that they are inciting unrest. Keep your eyes pealed for those unarmed protesters, I am sure you will see many that will be armed, no matter which T.V. station you watch.

Hey, I'm all for a coup now. It's the only way to get rid of the PAD! The PPP has proved impotent.

Probably mirrors Toxin's thoughts exactly right now.............your surname wouldn't happen to be Shina......nah.........they have better things to do than sit at their keyboards all day posting inane anti-PAD two liners and pretend to lurve democracy. Haven't you got a tub to sail on the rising Gulf sunset? Shouldn't you be checking it's still at its moorings and not been swamped by the rising tide? :D

Bet old square face would love a coup led by his intrepid cousin Chaisit and Salang Bunnag (the cop who has a string of extra-judicial killings to his name as long as your mast). :o

This is the good Khuhn Bunnag, the man who is prepared to raise an army of a thousand police officers to rout the P.A.D., once and for all.

I know nothing of his history or human rights record. Maybe other posters do.

They always look so smart in white. :D

He was the one that was trying to sell a cure for aids that in fact wasn't.

BBC

FROM TOC

Sondhi: PAD to Tell the World about Govt's Inhumane Crackdown of Protesters

UPDATE : 9 October 2008

People's Alliance for Democracy leader Sondhi Limthongkul is prepared to disclose the details of the attacks against the PAD protesters, a crackdown that has been labeled as inhumane by the public and human rights groups. DVDs of the events that took place on October 7th have been sent out to embassies around Thailand.

The PAD hopes the international community will be able to draw their own conclusions on what really happened to the protesters.

Sondhi Limthongkul took the PAD stage at Government House last night. On behalf of the PAD, he's denied any responsibility or involvement in the hijacking of a Bangkok Mass Transit Authority bus number 23. He explained that the PAD has no reason to hijack the bus and this was merely an attempt to discredit the protesters.

The PAD leader added that the PAD is currently verifying the information that links several well-respected figures to the Thaksin regime. He's confident the PAD will be able to disclose the information during the leaders' speeches tonight. In fact the PAD leader revealed that DVD documentary on the events that took place on October 7th would be sent to foreign news agencies and embassies in Thailand.

Referring to the international crowd control protocol adopted by the U.S., Sondhi explained that the Thai police are only experienced in using their guns against the unarmed protesters. He reiterated that the police were required to engage the PAD in a negotiation before they attempt to crackdown on the protesters.

Sondhi concluded by hinting that the PAD is currently planning a major activity. But he declined to disclose any of the details to the PAD protesters. He vowed that the activity will benefit the public, both in the short and long run.

Well, we're drifting away from the topic slightly but since its been posted I should say that Sondhi is being hypocritical as usual. The Manager Media Group, owned by Sondhi, published the home addresses of Mr Chotisak and Ms Jitra Kotchadej ( union leader at Triumph ) and urged that people should attack them . Their ' crimes ' not standing in the cinema and wearing a politically incorrect t-shirt, hardly justifing the violence Mr. Sondhi advocated. His attitude is that violence is the perogative of the PAD and no one else. He and Chamlong fully understood that being provocative and aggressive would probably end in violence but in their eyes it is just a means to an end. For full article :

www.prachatai.com/english/news.php?id=642

The prachatai news is dated in May. Don't you think it is a bit old? BTW do you have the address in hand?

Actually, you will note that I refered to the piece as an article ,not news. If you want to post a link from prachatai the word ' news ' is part of the address and can not be omitted . As to whether I think it is too old....not at all. The political threads are full of references to last years coup and the nefarious activities of the Taksin clan, not to mention events even further back. By looking at history we can look at how we have arrived at the present. Knowing someones background can tell us a lot about the sincerity and personal makeup of a person.

As for the address, you'll need the relevant issue of The Manager. But why would you want it ????? Surely you don't agree with the Managers violent suggestions ??? If a person doesn't support the same football team as you , you don't have to smash a bottle over their heads do you ? ( unless you support Man Utd I guess :o ) .

FROM TOC

The PAD leader added that the PAD is currently verifying the information that links several well-respected figures to the Thaksin regime. He's confident the PAD will be able to disclose the information during the leaders' speeches tonight. In fact the PAD leader revealed that DVD documentary on the events that took place on October 7th would be sent to foreign news agencies and embassies in Thailand.

Presumably, he won't be mentioning his own links to the Taksin regime as :

a) Taksin had a hand in getting 1.6 billion baht of Sondhis debt waved.

:o Sondhi is not a ' well respected figure '

Edited by Bangyai

FROM TOC

Presumably, he won't be mentioning his own links to the Taksin regime as :

a) Taksin had a hand in getting 1.6 billion baht of Sondhis debt waved.

:o Sondhi is not a ' well respected figure '

If so why did Thaksin later remove the man who actually did the forgiving at the bank?

From the reports I get Thaksin didn't want Sondhi's debt forgiven,

but couldn't stop it at the time. Later he got back at the man who did it, strongly.

Sondhi was doing a SECOND regeonal satalite TV and communucations deal with Laos,

and that would have cut into Shinsat's profits AND face big time.

Ever the vicious, take no prisoners, capitalist, feudalist, bossman,

Thaksin cut that one off at the pass.

Edited by animatic

a democracy skewed to reduce the influence of the rural masses.

I've just answered that in another thread. Exactly the same words.

Are you trying to flood the board, Scubadude?

Scubadude joined 3 months ago and has 18 posts total. You have over 6000 posts - most of them silly rants. But why am I not surprised you feel that he is 'flooding' the board.

I'm just asking, at this point I have no reason to believe that "scubadude" is a sleeper account of some other member who pulls it up when need arises. I also noticed that he posted only 18 messages in several months, but this morning posts in different threads are nearly identical, in some places word for word, and not exactly related to thread topics.

>>>

Just checked - three identical posts this morning in three different threads, each one mentions "skewering rural masses". This practice used be against the rules, btw, but you, Clausewit, wouldn't care about the rules, would you?

My posting inexperiece may indeed be showing however the irritability quotient of my attacker is off the scale today. I will restrain myself from future collaboritive efforts that annoy. In fact.... I have better ways to spend my time. Thank "Plus" for ridding me of this venue.

Edited by Scubadude770

Don't worry Scubadude770, if you wouldn't have been opposing the PAD, nobody would have questioned your posting habits, which are of no consequence at all.

Welcome to Thaivisa :o

And by all means keep continue posting, don't let a few sour grapes waste the experience.

Oh, scubadude is back. I thought he just posted the same message in three different threads and disappeared for good, without bothering to check the replies, as a regular troll would do.

I replied to one of his posts in all seriousness, let me check that thread, maybe he read it.

>>

Ok, nope the dude can't be bothered to follow up on his epxressions of genuine concern for rural masses. What a pity, another example of a trollish behaviour.

Edited by Plus

These people were killed by home made pipe bombs manufactured by PAD supporters, killed by their own stupidity. The police is doing a fine job. Again, get your facts straight !!

Hmmm we haven't heard from this guy in awhile .... but then again his facts turned out to be ..... lies.

These people were killed by home made pipe bombs manufactured by PAD supporters, killed by their own stupidity. The police is doing a fine job. Again, get your facts straight !!

Hmmm we haven't heard from this guy in awhile .... but then again his facts turned out to be ..... lies.

He always appeared to believe pronouncements that fit his point of view.

And not much else in any obvious way.

Khunying Porntip has made it considerably harder for him to post

with a straight philosophers face...

Welter Pelter and personality disorder also seem to be in short supply lately too.

And it's nice hear no more 'smash the muppet's faces in' comments finally.

• 3 months later...
FROM TOC

HM the Queen Bestows Funeral Wreath to PAD Victim

Her Majesty the Queen has bestowed a funeral wreath to the family of the female PAD victim who died during police's tear gas attack.

Her Majesty the Queen has bestowed a funeral wreath to the family of Angkana Radappanywut. She died on October 7th during the police tear gas attack against the PAD protesters.

Ankana_1.jpg

FROM TOC

Criminal Court Mediates Libel Case between Victim and Police

UPDATE : 16 February 2009

The Criminal Court has arranged a mediation session between Deputy Police Spokesman Major-General Suraphol Thuanthong and the mother of “Nong Bow”, a victim of the violent clash with police and PAD protestors on October 7, 2008.

Just days after the violent clash between the People’s Alliance for Democracy protesters and the police, Police Major-General Surapol Thuanthong, Deputy Spokesman of the Royal Thai Police, claimed Angkana Radapbanyavuth or Nong Bow was killed because her own explosives blew up unexpectedly.

Citing the government’s autopsy report, Police Major-General Surapol concluded that the injuries could have resulted from holding a bomb under her arms or in her bag. He reiterated by saying the injuries were too severe to be caused by police weapons.

In response, Angkana’s mother, Vichuda Rabdapbanyavuth, filed a defamation suit against Major-General Suraphol for making such a claim. Vichuda protested that several medical experts testified that Angkana’s death resulted from blunt force trauma against her chest and the left side of her body. The Criminal Court has arranged for mediation between the plaintiff and the defendant.

Vichuda demands that Major-General Suraphol make a public apology for his claim.

However, if the mediation fails, the case will move forward and witnesses will be called to testify before the court.

Edited by sriracha john

FROM TOC

HM the Queen Bestows Funeral Wreath to PAD Victim

Her Majesty the Queen has bestowed a funeral wreath to the family of the female PAD victim who died during police's tear gas attack.

Her Majesty the Queen has bestowed a funeral wreath to the family of Angkana Radappanywut. She died on October 7th during the police tear gas attack against the PAD protesters.

Ankana_1.jpg

FROM TOC

Criminal Court Mediates Libel Case between Victim and Police

UPDATE : 16 February 2009

The Criminal Court has arranged a mediation session between Deputy Police Spokesman Major-General Suraphol Thuanthong and the mother of “Nong Bow”, a victim of the violent clash with police and PAD protestors on October 7, 2008.

Just days after the violent clash between the People’s Alliance for Democracy protesters and the police, Police Major-General Surapol Thuanthong, Deputy Spokesman of the Royal Thai Police, claimed Angkana Radapbanyavuth or Nong Bow was killed because her own explosives blew up unexpectedly.

Citing the government’s autopsy report, Police Major-General Surapol concluded that the injuries could have resulted from holding a bomb under her arms or in her bag. He reiterated by saying the injuries were too severe to be caused by police weapons.

In response, Angkana’s mother, Vichuda Rabdapbanyavuth, filed a defamation suit against Major-General Suraphol for making such a claim. Vichuda protested that several medical experts testified that Angkana’s death resulted from blunt force trauma against her chest and the left side of her body. The Criminal Court has arranged for mediation between the plaintiff and the defendant.

Vichuda demands that Major-General Suraphol make a public apology for his claim.

However, if the mediation fails, the case will move forward and witnesses will be called to testify before the court.

Bout time this dude apologised for his insensitive and inaccurate remarks.

Mother of Oct 7 Victim Withdraws Libel Case against Deputy Police Spokesperson

The mother of the October 7 crackdown victim has withdrawn the libel case against the Deputy Spokesperson of the National Police Office.

Vichuda Rabdapbanyavuth, the mother of Angkana Rabdapbanyavuth who was killed in the October 7 crackdown on the rally by the People's Alliance for Democracy outside the Parliament House, withdrew the libel case against Deputy Spokesperson of the National Police Office, Police Lieutenant-General Surapol Thuanthong.

The withdrawal came after Police Lieutenant-General Surapol agreed to apologize to Vichuda before the Criminal Court, over his remark that her daughter was carrying explosives into the rally site.

The National Police Deputy Spokesperson stated that his remark was made with the information he had at that time. It aimed to warn the rally-goers to beware of their safety, as ill-intended people might take the chance to spark chaos during the protest.

Vichuda said the withdrawal aimed to help raise people's awareness of unity and this could be a precedent for society.

The case was disposed as a result.

- TOC / 2009-02-16

Ok, the defamation suit got snuffed, but.....

is there an on-going investigation in to how the girl actually died?

Leave no stone unturned. Firing off deadly projectiles in a city is a serious offense. Is Porntip on this case? She seems to be the only investigator in Thailand who can lead a professional and objective investigation - without being cowed by higher authorities to come to a pre-scripted conclusion.

Edited by brahmburgers

Ok, the defamation suit got snuffed, but.....

is there an on-going investigation in to how the girl actually died?

Leave no stone unturned. Firing off deadly projectiles in a city is a serious offense. Is Porntip on this case? She seems to be the only investigator in Thailand who can lead a professional and objective investigation - without being cowed by higher authorities to come to a pre-scripted conclusion.

Khunying Pornthip stated that it was the military ordinance laced with RDX bought from the Chinese that was used that day that killed the girl and did so much other damage to the crowds.

(old news)

• 2 weeks later...

Forensic Expert: Female PAD Supporter Killed by Tear Gas Bomb, Not C4

A veteran forensic investigator has refuted claims by the Royal Thai Police that traces of the explosive C-4 were found on the body of a female PAD supporter who was killed during a demonstration last year.

Doctor Pornthip Rojanasunand , Director of the Forensic Science Central Institute, insisted that no scientific tool can detect C4-bomb components on a body, and that the girl was killed by the effects of a Chinese-made tear-gas grenade fired by police.

On Wednesday, the forensic police held a press briefing to announce the conclusion of its own autopsy of Angkana Radubpunyawut, who was killed in an October 7 clash. Police claimed C4-bomb explosives and components were found on Angkana’s clothes and body.

Doctor Pornthip refuted police findings, claiming that it is only possible to check for RDX components, which are a part of the Chinese-made tear-gas grenades the police used in the incident.

The veteran forensic expert said a medical team from Ramathibodi Hospital also found that the Chinese-made tear-gas grenades were the most likely cause of Angkana’s death because RDX components were abundant on her body and clothes.

The report also concluded that Chinese-made tear-gas grenades were more lethal than most tear-gas grenades.

However, Doctor Pornthip declined to speculate on why the police forensic office reached a different conclusion than independent forensic medical teams.

- TOC / 2009-02-26

Doctor Pornthip Rojanasunand , Director of the Forensic Science Central Institute, insisted that no scientific tool can detect C4-bomb components on a body, and that the girl was killed by the effects of a Chinese-made tear-gas grenade fired by police.

That is a surprising statement. After googling the issue i found many links that talk about the detection of C-4 residue traces.

Such as here:

http://www.forensic-science-society.org.uk...pectrometry.htm

Quote:

"Post-blast residue from C-4, Deta Sheet, SEMTEX, and ammonium nitrate explosives have also been detected."

That is a surprising statement. After googling the issue i found many links that talk about the detection of C-4 residue traces.

Such as here:

http://www.forensic-science-society.org.uk...pectrometry.htm

Quote:

"Post-blast residue from C-4, Deta Sheet, SEMTEX, and ammonium nitrate explosives have also been detected."

Misleading perhaps, maybe she meant that the tools where unable to find C4.

Not according to the most trustworthy person in that field in Thailand.

No machine = BS

:o

Sorry, but it is not a coherent argument to counter the result of an official investigation by citing the reputation of a forensic, who has been quoted in this context stating something that is simply not true.

This has to be further investigated, maybe even by sending the evidence to a better equipped foreign police force.

Sorry, but the police forensic lab didn't have the equipment to run the test. No to counter except a claim that cannot possibly be true in this case.

They could find the RDX traces (c-4 is 90% RDX) but the plasticizer seems to be beyond their detection capabilities.

Seeing that the munitions used by the police that day DID have RDX (and that 2 earlier reports confirmed that) and that they don't have the machinery needed to test for the rest ... (AND that there was an official apology given to the mother of the woman killed by the chinese military ordinance teargas ....)

well you can keep dreaming that you have a clue ... and that Thaksin's star isn't waning .... but it just doesn't make it true.

Oct 7 protest victim's clothing shows explosive chemical traces

BANGKOK, Feb 25 (TNA) - Traces of explosive chemicals were found on the clothes of a 28-year-old female protester who died in Bangkok’s street clashes last October 7 when police fired teargas into the crowd of protesters demanding the then government of Somchai Wongsawat to resign, according to two senior police officers assigned to investigate the cause of her death.

The two officers -- a forensic specialist and an explosives expert -- told a press conference that expert police investigators found chemical traces of a C4 bomb on the brassiere and T-shirt worn by Angkhana Radappanyawut, and that chemical substances used for making teargas was found only on her trousers, which they said could not have led to her death.

Both Miss Angkhana and a retired police officer died on that day, when nearly 500 people were wounded after police tried to contain the protest against the previous government outside Parliament.

Stressing that forensic experts had used innovative equipment, the two police officers ruled that Miss Angkhana did not die because of the teargas fired by police personnel, but they could not identify the cause of death.

They said the other fatality was a retired police officer identified as Pol. Lt-Col. Methee Chartmontri, a staunch supporter of the protesters, who coordinated security for the PAD.

Col. Methee died while sitting in his jeep after an explosion that experts said included chemical substances used for making a teargas but not C4 components on his body. (TNA)

http://enews.mcot.net/view.php?id=8778