China To Build Section Of China-laos-thailand Railway

GungaDin

October 08, 2008 10:09 AM

China To Build Section Of China-Laos-Thailand Railway

HANOI, Oct 8 (Bernama) -- China will invest 20.4 billion Chinese yuan (about US$ 3 billion) to build a 600-km railway segment running from its Southwestern province of Yunnan to Thailand's Mohan through Laos.

A feasibility study of the Yuxi-Mohan section of the China-Laos-Thailand international railway will be completed within this year, the Vietnam news agency (VNA) said.

The commencement of the construction works planned as early as possible, an official with the Yunnan railway construction leading group was quoted by VNA as saying.

Up to 70 percent of the total investment of the project will be provided by the Chinese Ministry of Railways, with the remainder being funded by Yunnan Province.

-- BERNAMA

Try as I might, I can't find Mohan in Thailand

Anyone know where it is or is it a typo?

cheers

But what track-guage are they using, on the new freight-line, will it dictate a change-over for the Thai section, when PM-SamakSomchai gets round to building it ?

Sorry, I just cottoned-on, as long as you can rake in the bribes by pretending to consider to build the Thai section, what does it matter, whether or not it actually ever gets built ! My blood-alcohol level must be low today, my brain isn't functioning, correctly. :o