Anti Epl Feeling

rixalex

After seeing my team get promoted to the premiership i have been so disappointed with the poor refereeing,cheats,divers and a general domination of the money clubs i would mind if it had a major overall.At least in the Championship i felt that,in general the players were more honest.

The worst diver by far is that PUFF Ronaldo who is a total scumbag and tries his hardest to get a player sent off every match and gets away with murder,because the refs are too scared to do something,as sir Alex runs the show.

So,yes,i would like a complete overall of the Premiership and weed out the Ronaldos of the world

PUFF? Curry puff?

So Patklang, what's your team?

After seeing my team get promoted to the premiership i have been so disappointed with the poor refereeing,cheats,divers and a general domination of the money clubs i would mind if it had a major overall.At least in the Championship i felt that,in general the players were more honest.

The worst diver by far is that PUFF Ronaldo who is a total scumbag and tries his hardest to get a player sent off every match and gets away with murder,because the refs are too scared to do something,as sir Alex runs the show.

So,yes,i would like a complete overall of the Premiership and weed out the Ronaldos of the world

PUFF? Curry puff?

Hmmm, consensus Player of the Year and winner of just about every possible individual and team trophy or Pat?

Tough choice, the voting was close but I am afraid to tell you, you came in 2nd.

And its called the Premier League not the EPL.

Are you being pedantic for the sake of it or are you making a point?

He's right. No one in the UK calls it the EPL. Only foreigners and expats who don't know any different.

Being pedantic...I think it is "The Barclays Premier League"...they;ve paid a lot of money to sponsor the league so its only fair that they get a mention.

6 English players and 5 foreigners would make it a fairer competition, so i can see why you are all so against it, do you think it would be boring if the same teams didnt finish in the top 4 positions year after year (with one blip every 4 years or so).

Only thing i can see that is bad about it is the price of English players would go up, but this could be counteracted by clubs creating good youth set ups ....... those that dont will lose.

Besides i dont agree with free movement of cheap labour when it affects British tradespeople, so why should i be a hypocrite when it comes to young British players losing out.

Finallly the reason they picked on the poor old Premier League is beacuse there are only 35% of English players in the laegue, whereas Italy and Spain have something like 60%.

6 English players and 5 foreigners would make it a fairer competition, so i can see why you are all so against it, do you think it would be boring if the same teams didnt finish in the top 4 positions year after year (with one blip every 4 years or so).

Only thing i can see that is bad about it is the price of English players would go up, but this could be counteracted by clubs creating good youth set ups ....... those that dont will lose.

Besides i dont agree with free movement of cheap labour when it affects British tradespeople, so why should i be a hypocrite when it comes to young British players losing out.

Finallly the reason they picked on the poor old Premier League is beacuse there are only 35% of English players in the laegue, whereas Italy and Spain have something like 60%.

Good stats, as a UTD fan, I could live with the 64/35 rule, not sure arse, chels and liverp could.

I don't agree this is the reason for picking on the Premier League, it's pure jealousy IMO.

How would it make it fairer? The richest teams would still be able to buy the best players, whether they be foreign players or not.

All it would do is lower the standard of the league - now that would be boring.

Although i concur about those two morons
If I ran the FA, I would go it on my own and not have to deal with these morons on the mainland.

If you did that, we wouldn't be able to play in the Champions League and UEFA Cup. The FA should gather up other football leaders who also despise those two and get them booted out. They are absolutely useless and consistently come out with enough garbage to warrant having their own personal land fill site.

First of all BJ, we never play in the Uefa Cup :o

I know it's hard for RAG's to comprehend but the Premier League isn't just about you lot :D

How would it make it fairer? The richest teams would still be able to buy the best players, whether they be foreign players or not.

You mean like how boring the league was for the millions who actually attended football matches throughout the last century, especially in the 60, 70 and 80s when English teams ruled Europe with predominantly British players. Maybe Skysports generation fans may not like it, though im sure a few extra motion graphics may persuade them. (im not saying you fall into this category i dont know you)

It would make things fairer as those clubs with the better Youth Systems would prosper..... you dont need to be the richest to create a good youth set-up, look at Man City (pre-Sept 08) and West ham.

It would give young English players a chance to get in the first team which over the last 10 years has happened far less then it should, often due to a manager spending 5-10-15-20 million on some Carlos Kick a ball who they would never drop purely on the basis he wouldnt want to look as though he's wasted club money.

At the moment obscenely rich people with no interest in football who just want their ego massaged like Abramovich and the Man City Arabs can come in and as good as buy instant success by buying 11 of the best foreigners in the world, this without a doubt ruins the game as a honest sporting spectacle.

We'll just have to disagree on it though, but IMO it'd be great to see the bastardised joke of a so called competition that is the Premier league, actually become competitive. What Platini and Blatter dont seem to mention what greatly affects competition is the way the money from the Champions league distorts national leagues, but they dont seem to want to talk about this.

Here read this, the stat about English clubs winning the European Cup 6 times in the 15 years pre 1992 whereas they'd only won it twice (now 3 times) when this article was wrote in 2007. (not bad considering English clubs were banned for several years).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...glish-game.html

Fergie backs it - Read the last 3 paragraphs, surely that must strike a chord, there is more to football then glory which most ManUre, Liverpool and Chelski fans switch on the TV set for.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/latest-sp...84229-23082566/

You mean like how boring the league was for the millions who actually attended football matches throughout the last century, especially in the 60, 70 and 80s when English teams ruled Europe with predominantly British players. Maybe Skysports generation fans may not like it, though im sure a few extra motion graphics may persuade them. (im not saying you fall into this category i dont know you)

I'm not saying that in its time football of the 60s, 70s, and 80s was boring. But the game has moved on since then in the Premier League. It's now two or three times quicker and thanks in part to foreign players / managers, there is more technique and skill out there on the pitch. If tomorrow the league went back to the way it was played 20, 30 or 40 years ago, i'm sure people of today would find it boring.

Blatter and Platini would be better off examining the other leagues in Europe rather than casting envious looks in the direction of the Premier League.How can THEY become more competitive?Improving the fitness of most of the players would be a good starting point.

It would make things fairer as those clubs with the better Youth Systems would prosper..... you dont need to be the richest to create a good youth set-up, look at Man City (pre-Sept 08) and West ham.

I agree that youth academies would benefit, but i'm still not convinced that it would make it any "fairer". All that would happen is the richest clubs would pay for the best facilities, the best trainers... the best everything. And even if their own academies didn't produce the best players, the big teams would simply lure the best players away from the smaller teams, much as they do now.

platini's too prejudiced to be doing the job he is doing. good article from brian reade about it.

Michel Platini’s shown he is racist.. and FA must challenge him now

By Brian Reade 21/02/2009

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/r...15875-21139704/

I spotted Michel Platini walking through the first-class curtain on a flight between Seoul and Tokyo after the opening game of the 2002 World Cup.

Ever-conscious of my duty to Mirror readers, I walked into the realm of clinking Krug glasses, politely explained I was an English journalist and asked if I could have his reaction to Senegal's shock defeat of France.

He looked down his nose at me (which took a while), went “pah!” followed by “non.” When I asked why, he sighed and said it was because we were on a plane.

“No problem. Stay in your seat,” I replied. “No. You go back to yours,” he said, and stared past me at the clouds over the Sea of Japan.

A colleague who’d had dealings with him reckoned it was because he disliked the English and thought I was gloating. So I’ve watched with interest the debate over whether the UEFA president is anti-English or not. And I’d never fully bought the racist line.

Until this week when he addressed the European Parliament about the problems facing football. Now I think it’s proven beyond doubt.

Once again Platini laid the blame for the game’s ills at the door of the English, singling out Manchester City’s recent £100 million bid for Kaka. “Is it morally acceptable to offer such sums of money for a single player?” he implored the Brussels politicians.

And he may well have a point but how does he have the gall to suddenly finger City, when this was his reaction last July to Real Madrid preparing an £80m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo:

“The big clubs always want the best players and I can understand why Real would love to have him. It is normal for a club to want a player if they have the finances.” A view endorsed by Platini’s silence when Real were reported to be offering £75m for Kaka back in 2007, and when AC Milan said it was putting aside £90m to buy Ronaldinho. As he says, vast sums will always be paid for the world's best players and if the club has the finances it’s OK? So why are City, who have the finances, suddenly immoral? The clue is the league in which they play.

When he gave his blessing to Real’s £80m bid for Ronaldo he ignored Manchester United’s justified allegations that he was being tapped up. It’s as though Platini wanted the best player in the world out of the Premier League to weaken it.

Hadn’t he been riled at England providing three of last year’s Champions League semi-finalists and claimed United and Chelsea had “cheated” their way to the final because technically they were in debt to their rich owners? Wasn't he delighted that the national side failed to make it to the Euros, saying: “Will we miss England? No.”

Doesn’t he ignore the situations at AC Milan, kept afloat by Silvio Berlusconi’s fortune and Juventus (by Gianni Agnelli’s), and the constant allegations that public money is siphoned into Real Madrid?

Platini may be right to advocate salary and transfer caps. But by continually citing the Premier League as the root of all evil, he proves his critics right. He is anti-English.

And it’s time someone at the FA loudly challenged this unacceptable bias from the leader of European football. Because if they don’t, at the very least they can wave goodbye to their precious 2018 World Cup bid.

PUFF? Curry puff?

Hmmm, consensus Player of the Year and winner of just about every possible individual and team trophy or Pat?

Tough choice, the voting was close but I am afraid to tell you, you came in 2nd.

BKKJAMES,AKA MAN U FAN

Thats exactly what i mean,the cheating scum bag got the awards based on him being an aresole and a disgrace to the game.How can a man,that wears make up and shapes his eye brows deserve the awards,and trying to get a fellow professional sent off most matches,a total and utter dispicable man.This is what is wrong with football when hard hoenst tackles get a yellow or red card andthat <deleted> gets away with all things petulent,welcome to the Premiership and these foreign footballers

I'm not saying that in its time football of the 60s, 70s, and 80s was boring. But the game has moved on since then in the Premier League. It's now two or three times quicker and thanks in part to foreign players / managers, there is more technique and skill out there on the pitch. If tomorrow the league went back to the way it was played 20, 30 or 40 years ago, i'm sure people of today would find it boring.

Totaly disagree,this tip tap passing is boring.Lets get an up and at em way again and see the blood and guts come back to football.One of the biggest things i have seen with premiership fotball is how quiet the fans are.We,Stoke City have been voted the noisiest fans in the country with 28,500 in the stadium and many away fans have said how loud we are.Roy keane was right what he said about football at Man Poo and this is the way of the Premiership,Forget the atmosphere,watch it on the tv.I know that Stoke do not play attractive football because we cannot compete money wise and cannot compete attracting top players but the manager has bought big strong honest players who will die for the club,and to be fair with most of them not diving,this has proved a bad thing.Passion and commitment is enough for us and our home form is partly due to the supporters vocal backing.

STOKE CITY

This is gonna hurt

Totaly disagree,this tip tap passing is boring.Lets get an up and at em way again and see the blood and guts come back to football.

And with respect to you, i completely disagree with that. Thanks goodness that the English league has advanced itself on from simply being about who could scrap the hardest. I for one love watching a team that has the skill and finess to stroke the ball around and successfully execute consecutive one-twos that split defences apart.

I know that Stoke do not play attractive football because we cannot compete money wise

Cop out. How do you explain West Brom?

If given the choice between seeing my team go out there and give it a go and actually play but lose, or see them go out, park the bus and play dirty to scrap for a point, i know what i'd choose.

I don't agree this is the reason for picking on the Premier League, it's pure jealousy IMO.

it isn't jealousy, it's hypocrisy. platini was a frenchman playing at juventus in the 80s <deleted>, so it was alright back then was it? and equally it was / is alright for italian clubs to be propped up by multimillionaire industrialists and politicians and for real madrid to be funded by the spanish royal family?

platini has had it in for english football since heysel and the current financial shenanigans, highlighted all the more so by the timing of the global credit crunch, just give him ammunition to pursue a grudge he has. he's a nasty piece of work, plain and simple.

Totaly disagree,this tip tap passing is boring.Lets get an up and at em way again and see the blood and guts come back to football.

And with respect to you, i completely disagree with that. Thanks goodness that the English league has advanced itself on from simply being about who could scrap the hardest. I for one love watching a team that has the skill and finess to stroke the ball around and successfully execute consecutive one-twos that split defences apart.

I know that Stoke do not play attractive football because we cannot compete money wise

Cop out. How do you explain West Brom?

If given the choice between seeing my team go out there and give it a go and actually play but lose, or see them go out, park the bus and play dirty to scrap for a point, i know what i'd choose.

i can explain West Brom easy.

Bottom of the league,crap defense,no balls,no team spirit,no attacking style,passing sideways all the team,shit manager,boring manager.

I love your team aswe always beat you.

BTW

we are not dirty,far from it.

that isn't an argument. you do what you need to do to stay up, and whether it's pretty or not is irrelevant. football is about results, not pretty entertainment. you want that you go to an arthouse cinema. i think stoke will stay up for what it's worth, but it won't have anything to do with money.

you do what you need to do to stay up, and whether it's pretty or not is irrelevant. football is about results, not pretty entertainment.

It might well not necessarily be about "pretty entertainment", but for me it is about entertainment. If some supporters are happy to pay money and spend time to not be entertained, i guess that's their prerogative.

you do what you need to do to stay up, and whether it's pretty or not is irrelevant. football is about results, not pretty entertainment.

It might well not necessarily be about "pretty entertainment", but for me it is about entertainment. If some supporters are happy to pay money and spend time to not be entertained, i guess that's their prerogative.

nah, it's not about entertainment. that's a by-product of the sky era and the invention of the premier league.

I agree that Platini is a total hypocrite who was happy to take maximum coin in his playing day and only got the job because of who he is and he seems like some kind of deluded football socialist, and that Blatter and all the fukwits who run FIFA are corrupt thieving bstrds that have taken over a tournament that would be impossible to ruin.

But i still think this is a good idea ,maybe not with 6 homegrown players as i think this would dilute the talent in the short term, but lets say a minimum of 4 or 5 per team that are eligible to play for England, im sure most teams could manage this right now without it affecting how good or bad they are.

nah, it's not about entertainment. that's a by-product of the sky era and the invention of the premier league.

:o Watching football isn't about entertainment?! Or were you just specifically refering to Liverpool?

OK seriously Stevie, i'd really love for you to tell me what exactly it is about.

:o Watching football isn't about entertainment?! Or were you just specifically refering to Liverpool?

OK seriously Stevie, i'd really love for you to tell me what exactly it is about.

it's about faith, hope, devotion, unrequited love and insane optimism. it's about disappointment and controversy. it's sport, not a tv show or a movie. you want entertainment, go to the cinema. football as 'entertainment' never existed pre-sky and pre-murdoch marketing.

that isn't an argument. you do what you need to do to stay up, and whether it's pretty or not is irrelevant. football is about results, not pretty entertainment. you want that you go to an arthouse cinema. i think stoke will stay up for what it's worth, but it won't have anything to do with money.

cheers stevieh

We aint winning many friends but we are rocking the premiership big boys,but the refs are killing us off at the moment

I bet Platini and Blatter are going to love the Liverpool-Madrid scoreline.

i bet. though perhaps they'd be better concerning themselves with the fact that liverpool started more spaniards in their team than the champions of spain did.