Decent Seafood On Mae Jo Road.

mickmac

Just had a good feed at the Similan Seafood restaurant on Mea Jo Rd. Many of you will know it as the old "Buonissimo" restaurant. The price was 2600 baht, for 5 persons, including "Mantis" prawns, and several shrimp dishes, Tom Yom gung etc. 2 large Heineken and several non-alcoholic drinks.

They also have live grouper and live crayfish available as well. All in all some very good produce, and very nicely cooked as well. Okay a bit pricey but still feel it is worth while splashing out occasionally.

Enjoy.

Just had a good feed at the Similan Seafood restaurant on Mea Jo Rd. Many of you will know it as the old "Buonissimo" restaurant. The price was 2600 baht, for 5 persons, including "Mantis" prawns, and several shrimp dishes, Tom Yom gung etc. 2 large Heineken and several non-alcoholic drinks.

They also have live grouper and live crayfish available as well. All in all some very good produce, and very nicely cooked as well. Okay a bit pricey but still feel it is worth while splashing out occasionally.

Enjoy.

One of my favs...

and the young waitresses are extremely nice,sorry gotta 'cuse me, heading back downtown for some action

Enjoy.

I have not noticed the restaurant and I do not remember the Buonissimo. Where is it located and what side of the 1001 Hwy?

Enjoy.

I have not noticed the restaurant and I do not remember the Buonissimo. Where is it located and what side of the 1001 Hwy?

Its about half way up on the left hand side, in between the first set of lights at the bottom of 1001 and the next set at Rimping Plaza.

A large double fronted place, but the name is in Thai, so just look for the lights and pretty pictures of prawns and crabs :o

I went there last night with another TV member and our respective companions, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The menu is extensive, and the food is fresh. The owner, who is quite a character, told me that he airfreights the seafood up from Phuket, unlike a lot of local suppliers that have it trucked up.

For those that like cool dining, there is an airconditioned section on the left, with an undercover area to the right for outside dining. There is also an open air section for smokers.

We had a mixture of everything......Tom yum goong, steamed fish, two plates of battered prawns, a plate of large barbequed prawns, a prawn and noodle dish, and a large black crab, and sundry rice dishes.

All cooked very well, coupled with great service. The bill was 1570 baht including a large bottle of beer, a couple of waters, and two bottles of soda and ice.

We took our own wine and scotch, but they did have wine there. All in all a very pleasant evening.

• 7 months later...

There are two places mentioned in this thread. I don't know anything about the first one, but the 2nd place mentioned across and up from Ruam Chok Market, and on the water, is still there. It recently changed its name from Soom Sabai to Soon Non Sri (sign in Thai only) but the ownership is the same. They have large vats of live fish and the food is really good there. It's usually packed full on weekends. It's a little pricey I think but very good quality. They have a live band every night and some very lovely girls working there.

I actually prefer Im Pla Pao which is a similar kind of place and menu, but has much better prices. Its not too far. Just continue on the Mae Jo Road past Ruam Chok Market and turn right on the first road going to Sansai. It's about 300? - maybe more, meters on the left. Sign also in Thai only and also packed on weekends.