Tramp Like Filthy Farangs

sassienie

I regularly travel between Tong Seow, San Pa Tong and Hang Dong on the outskirts of Chiang Mai.

About a year ago I was motorcycling through Tong Seow when suddenly I passed this strange looking Farang on his motorbike, but this guy was nothing like any other Farang I had ever seen in Thailand.

I was so taken back by this sight, that I slowed down to get a good look at him. The guy was middle-aged, short, well built, wearing literally rags for clothing, longish greasy hair with boxes and bags that appeared to be his belongings strapped to himself and the motorbike. To be quite honest he didn’t smell too good either, so strong an odor that I almost vomited as I over took him.

A couple of months went by, than I saw another one near to the same location. This guy was walking, in his 30s, very tall, long black beard and wearing a torn shirt, dirty trousers, walking on bare feet.

Since than, I have seen several of these characters between Tong Seow, San Pa Tong and Hang Dong. So far all have been male. Some of my neighbours have also claimed to have seen them.

They reminded me of the down and outs I used to see in the East end of London back in my childhood days.

Does anyone know who they are? Have these been seen in other areas? Could a community of Gypsies now be living in Thailand?

I regularly travel between Tong Seow, San Pa Tong and Hang Dong on the outskirts of Chiang Mai.

About a year ago I was motorcycling through Tong Seow when suddenly I passed this strange looking Farang on his motorbike, but this guy was nothing like any other Farang I had ever seen in Thailand.

possibly .....DEA or mercs?

I was so taken back by this sight, that I slowed down to get a good look at him. The guy was middle-aged, short, well built, wearing literally rags for clothing, longish greasy hair with boxes and bags that appeared to be his belongings strapped to himself and the motorbike. To be quite honest he didn't smell too good either, so strong an odor that I almost vomited as I over took him.

A couple of months went by, than I saw another one near to the same location. This guy was walking, in his 30s, very tall, long black beard and wearing a torn shirt, dirty trousers, walking on bare feet.

Since than, I have seen several of these characters between Tong Seow, San Pa Tong and Hang Dong. So far all have been male. Some of my neighbours have also claimed to have seen them.

They reminded me of the down and outs I used to see in the East end of London back in my childhood days.

Does anyone know who they are? Have these been seen in other areas? Could a community of Gypsies now be living in Thailand?

I would have stopped and bought him a drink, i bet hes got a great story to tell ! :o

He was on his way to Harry Ramp's Tramp-O-Rama in Pattaya, for the all-you-can-eat bin rifling buffet. Other attractions include; "Hair Tangling" by Maurice; Trousers shortening while U wait; and Fight Yourself lessons (by arrangement). A great day out for any itinerant. :o

There have been lay offs galore in the financial services industry since last April. Perhaps, this is where City, Wall street types go when unwanted?

Or maybe they are part of an international American conspiracy (as read about in TV) and are sleeper agents seeking to corrupt the morals of innocent Thais?

With regard to Sgt Peppers comment.

I am interested to know if you have to be filthy to be dangerous.

not necessarily but possibly,

definitely high sources of bacteria etc and they could cause sickness if in close contact.

our nose is designed to alert us to biological hazards.

unruly behavior like crazy shouting to buildings etc .............. could be dangerous if u make eye contact with such a mad man. he could snap and turn on you.

... This guy was walking, in his 30s, very tall, long black beard and wearing a torn shirt, dirty trousers, walking on bare feet....
I would have stopped and bought him a drink, i bet hes got a great story to tell ! :o

I sure do, but it'll have to wait 'till I've had a shower. God my feet hurt.

ive seen quite a few of these ragged characters but all Thai. One was shouting to himself as he walked down the soi.

I keep my distance from them because they look so filthy and could possibly be dangerous.

Was he answering himself ? :D

:o

... This guy was walking, in his 30s, very tall, long black beard and wearing a torn shirt, dirty trousers, walking on bare feet....

I sure do, but it'll have to wait 'till I've had a shower. God my feet hurt.

no need to get dressed up to have a drink with me ! :D:D

I guess it wasn't me. I shower regularly and my wife throws away all my favorite comfortable clothes.

You sound like a person who has never worked a day in your life and was born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

I guess it wasn't me. I shower regularly and my wife throws away all my favorite comfortable clothes.

You sound like a person who has never worked a day in your life and was born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

No silver spoon if he spent his childhood in the East End.

Bad biochemistry, neurotoxins...

Hash Harriers for sure, met a couple of these chaps, they had just came back from a djungle trek, down right dirty and stinky I must say.

I've heard of Hash House Harriers (which is a basically a beer drinking club for joggers), but that can't be what you're referring to. What's a Hash Harrier in this context?