Proffessional Or Amateur Retirement Planning Advice Sought

I am a 48 year old IT Contractor seeking advice on retirement planning. Currently living Part time in Pattaya.

I have no company pension and limited savings...over the years I have invested in some properties in Canada which are currently mortgaged. I also own 4 Studio Condo units in Pattaya which I rent out (sporadically - about 60% occupancy)).

I am originally from the UK and made NI contributions from 1979 to 1990.

Lived in the US from 1990 to 2000 and paid Social Security taxes

Lived in Canada from 2000 to present - I have made NO Canada Pension contributions...I am a UK and Canadian Citizen

I have no 401ks and a very small Canadian RRSP (around $10,000CAD)

Wondering if I will be able to draw any kind of a pension from any of the countries I have lived in at retirement age. Are there any reciprocal agreements between any of these countries UK/Canada/US. Any ways to consolidate and/or pay up contributions retrospectively?

I am worried that my property investments may not provide me with much of a stable income.

My goal is to retire full time in Thailand before 'retirement' age. I already live/work in Pattaya for 6 months of the year as an IT consultant working online remotely on contract for a large blue chip company.

While I live a relatively frugal lifestyle I want to be able to retire with enough money to get by 'comfortably' and do some travelling back to Canada or the UK once or twice a year.

Seeking practical advice or pointers to local Professional advisors in Thailand (Pattaya)

As far as a UK state pension is concerned, if you've made a minimum of 11 years' national insurance contributions you should get a small pension. If you're just under the 11 year mark (as it sounds possible you might be), it could well be worth making an additional voluntary contribution.

If you reach retirement age before 6 April 2010 you'll get 1/44th of the state pension for each year's contribution. If you reach retirement age after that date you'll get 1/30th for each year.