Tot ... Again

jackyseymour

I'm sure I'm not alone in being driven to distraction, particularly over the past month, by the TOT 'service'. Crashing up to at least a half dozen times a day, each and every day. Calling their Call Centre and them telling me to go through the re configuration process again and again, sometimes works, now definitely doesn't.

Last night had a nice call centre person, after the umpteenth call, tell me they would put in a report to the local engineer here on Phuket 'in the morning'. Still no bloody ppp light, so called again to get told they think 'maybe engineer not work weekends'?! and 'maybe must wait until Monday morning', 'not sure'. hmmm.

I seem to remember having myriad problems with TOT and it being fixed on a Sunday? Anyone can confirm?

Oh and by the way, TOT put in their line last year, but is it possible to change the provider? And any recommendations here on Phuket please?

I'm sure I'm not alone in being driven to distraction, particularly over the past month, by the TOT 'service'. Crashing up to at least a half dozen times a day, each and every day. Calling their Call Centre and them telling me to go through the re configuration process again and again, sometimes works, now definitely doesn't.

Last night had a nice call centre person, after the umpteenth call, tell me they would put in a report to the local engineer here on Phuket 'in the morning'. Still no bloody ppp light, so called again to get told they think 'maybe engineer not work weekends'?! and 'maybe must wait until Monday morning', 'not sure'. hmmm.

I seem to remember having myriad problems with TOT and it being fixed on a Sunday? Anyone can confirm?

Oh and by the way, TOT put in their line last year, but is it possible to change the provider? And any recommendations here on Phuket please?

I am sorry to say Jack but you must have a problem with your hardware at home.Because I have the same problems and However TOT admits after 2 years that the problem is at their exchange,they also assure me that I AM THE ONLY ONE with a problem. :o

I am sorry to say Jack but you must have a problem with your hardware at home.Because I have the same problems and However TOT admits after 2 years that the problem is at their exchange,they also assure me that I AM THE ONLY ONE with a problem. :o

I live in Pathum Thani province east of Rangsit in Thanyaburi area. Same story as Mr Seymour. Some days nice and fast (I'm paying B590 p.m. for 1mb/sec ADSL) or so I believe. Frequent crashes etc etc

However some days service is non-existent."Cannot connect to server. Please try again, blah blah blah!!!

Had the technician/engineer over twice and he mumbled something about quality of the wiring on the soi??

No point in going round the T.O.T. office after all T.I.T., and no-one speaks English. Fair enough I'm farang but they are quite happy to collect my money every month. If I don't pay the bill, they just cut off telephone service.

Well it's Saturday and at least I can post this mini rant.

Good luck on Phuket J.S.

Had yet another nice long chat with Call Centre lady with a brain - my mo is to wear the blighters down - who told me they have so many problems with Phuket and she's getting tired of being shouted at by irate farang simply because the Phuket branch is so damned inept :D Well you have to feel for them don't you?

Anyway. Seems the only engineer up and about on a Saturday (apparently there are just the two for the entire island :D ) has managed to flick the appropriate switch and it's working now, for how long, who knows?

And no, not paying the bill would lead to an immediate flick of the off switch :o

Can I change the provider? Would they be any better?

Edited by jackyseymour

Personally, I don't think any technologist in Thailand can spell Internet, let alone configure it. I am sure no one here has a clue about standards or how to follow them. Just driving around my area and looking at the 'quality' of wiring on the pole makes me shake my head. I cannot believe the quality of work anywhere in the provisioning is any better.

the last whole week in Phuket was a disaster . I usually was offline all day until around 8 pm when somehow ToT managed to get my dsl running until 11-12 am the next day.... Right now it's working although i wonder for how long?

I wish i could change providers on my tot line.

the last whole week in Phuket was a disaster . I usually was offline all day until around 8 pm when somehow ToT managed to get my dsl running until 11-12 am the next day.... Right now it's working although i wonder for how long?

I wish i could change providers on my tot line.

Likewise! I have been working since my first post, but it's really slow. I did some traces earlier to packets to an Australian server and I was being bounced all over the show:

Krung Thep 118.173.84.1

Krung Thep 118.173.84.1

Krung Thep 203.113.13.157

Krung Thep 203.113.13.130

Krung Thep 203.113.13.121

Nakhon Ratchasima 203.113.24.245

Hong Kong 61.19.10.13

Krung Thep 202.47.253.130

Hong Kong 61.19.9.6

Sydney 203.103.244.245

New Zealand Auckland 210.80.3.213

We are unable to locate the IP address "210.80.34.62" at this time.

Australia Brisbane 210.80.33.218

We are unable to locate the IP address "210.80.34.230" at this time.

Australia Melbourne 221.133.202.162

I especially like the Nakhon - Hong Kong - Bangkok - Hong Kong step. Great router configuration.