Why Is The Baht So Strong?

Does it matter? If you are exchanging GBP for THB the rate is what it is, same for any currency exchange. I don't look at in in a light of strength nor weakness, my GBP's get me 58 THB which means Thailand is a little more expensive now. In a year's time it might be more expensive or it might be cheaper. Nothing I can do about it but be happy I have no Icelandic whatsits nor any money in Iceland.

just checked and the pound is down to 58 baht.why is it that the baht is holding up so well? or is it that the pound is down the toilet,will it get any better<come on experts let us know .

the Baht is holding up strong against most currencies!

Does it matter? If you are exchanging GBP for THB the rate is what it is, same for any currency exchange. I don't look at in in a light of strength nor weakness, my GBP's get me 58 THB which means Thailand is a little more expensive now. In a year's time it might be more expensive or it might be cheaper. Nothing I can do about it but be happy I have no Icelandic whatsits nor any money in Iceland.

That is a good attitude to take. The fact is as everyone should know the UK economy is in a mess and sterling will continue to weaken - it will get very boring if everytime someone gets a lower baht rate when they use their atm's that they then post the results on here. Take the prudent view that the rate will be considerably lower and plan your budget accordingly.

Cheers BB

please read the post again-- i wasnt complaining but asking a question ,if you do not know the answer why bother to reply.

again does anyone know why the baht is so strong.?

please read the post again-- i wasnt complaining but asking a question ,if you do not know the answer why bother to reply.

Th perception is, and it might be true, that Thailand has no apparent exposure to the bad debt situation other countries have. If that's so, it shouldn't need to debase it's currency as other nations now are. Have no idea if this is a ST or LT phenomenon. Thailands markets ARE exposed to the deleveraging of global assets as can be seen by some rather nasty market movements, which I expect will continue.

Calm down and go pick the two or three useful posts out of this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Currency-Rates-t217041.html

Phaethon

thank you ,this was what i wanted to know ,but didnt realize that there was already a discussion on it .its nice when someone answers the question rather than going off about something entirely different.