Anybody Else Have Problems With Jinet Lately?

Sunny Valentine

I got connected to Jinet Compax 512/256 about 2 month ago in my house in Jomtien.

Since a couple of days the connection is dead most of the time. DSL Light just blinks all the time. Once or twice a day it connects, though, for some time.

Soft reset, power on / off the modem,

no help.So far I was not lucky getting an english speaking Helpline at the Jinet Office.

Anyone got a number for a Hotline or other idea whatto do?

Sunny

I have Jinet.. Working very well

Should be your telephone line!!!

I got connected to Jinet Compax 512/256 about 2 month ago in my house in Jomtien.

Since a couple of days the connection is dead most of the time. DSL Light just blinks all the time. Once or twice a day it connects, though, for some time.

no help.So far I was not lucky getting an english speaking Helpline at the Jinet Office.

Sunny

Live in Jomtien, Chayapruk area and no problem at all with Ji-net.

If the dsl light blinks, your modem is having trouble to initiate the dsl link.

This has nothing to do with ji-net, but with TT&T's phoneline/ exchange/dslam

Sunny

There was a post Nov. 24 on the computer forum from another ji-net user re similar problem. I had problems connecting from Friday Nov 19 through the following Monday and then again for brief periods this past weekend and again Monday evening I couldn't connect for several hours. I'm off Soi Arunothai near Nirun Granville Condos where a friend lives and he's having the same problems during the same timeframes.

If it's TT&T at fault why does it appear only ji-net users are affected? Are we just a bunch of whingers :o

-redwood

Astral, Jinet Tel is 038 783793

Just sorted my problems out: It was the Modem.

Looked ok, the Internal tests were looking good, so I had no reason to believe this little machine went beserk.

Had two techs of TTT come to my house, they brought their own Modem, connected, and worked (well, they did not know how to set up their modem, but that's a differnet story.)

Quite impressed, took them two or three hours after my call to drop by.

Sunny

A friend of mine just started to have problems with his Ji-net as well, still seems the problem is with the adsl line.

He always has internet, but many times it slows down to regular modem speed. A check in the router statistics shows that the adsl link is established at 32 down/128 up!

A restart of the modem solves the problem, back to 256/128, but only for a short while, then back to the slow speed!

Anyone same experience? Router is a zyxel (not the usb modem, but 1-port router)

A friend of mine just started to have problems with his Ji-net as well, still seems the problem is with the adsl line.

He always has internet, but many times it slows down to regular modem speed. A check in the router statistics shows that the adsl link is established at 32 down/128 up!

A restart of the modem solves the problem, back to 256/128, but only for a short while, then back to the slow speed!

Anyone same experience? Router is a zyxel (not the usb modem, but 1-port router)

I am online again now for 24 hours, left my connection and Notebook running for Soulseek this night, just checked the stats, everything ok.

I still don't understand the way my modem went down.

It started with intermittent downs, DSL light was blinking for an hour or two. This got more frequent over the time, then it did the 4 Blinks and Pause, 4 Blinks and Pause routine for some days. One or two connections each for an hour or so inbetween. According to manual it means it tries to establish a Synchronisation, but does not get an answer from the server.So I was 100% sure the ine or the modem at TTT had a flaw.

All self tests and the likes were ok for the Hardware part.

The TTT men came with their modem, I though "what a waste of time!", they connected it, and all was running!

Tried my modem again, 4 Blinks and Pause ......

Strange!

Sunny

• 2 months later...

DSL-Compax 256 limited data transfer for 5 GB per month, The surplus user may cause to reduce speed to 25 Kbps

(True and ADC Only)

thats from the Ji-net page if he is using true or adc you have the answer

Hi DMS,

perfectly aware about the download limit...

When my friend had the problem he was nowhere near his limit...

Anyway the problem is solved now, it ended up being the telephone line split to a phone outlet without anybody knowing about it...

As we know now, any phone connected to an adsl enabled line should be after a filter/splitter, or it will interfere with the adsl connction...