Mae Sot One Year Extension Based On 40k Monthly Tax...

I'm Canadian, 42 y/o, and have a one year multiple entry Non-Immigrant category "O" visa, have a Thai wife, and child.

About six months ago I was told by the staff in the Mae Sot (Tak) immigration office that merely having 400,000.00 THB in a Thai bank was not sufficient to obtain the one year extension stamp. I was told that instead of 400k in the bank I would need to provide tax receipts for income taxes paid on monthly income of not less that 40,000.00 THB for three consecutive months. These tax payments can be made at the local Amphur and I believe that income taxes on 40k p/m will be a little bit less than 2k p/m.

Is there anybody here on this board who has done this recently at Mae Sot immigration?

I would love to hear about any experiences so that I can be better prepared for mine.

Cheers

96tehtarp

I don’t know about Mae Sot specifically but a number of other members have posted that they get their annual marriage extensions this way and if your immigration office suggested it they will obviously accept this procedure. Not you but your wife will declare a fictitious income, pay tax on it, and with the tax receipts as proof of income you qualify for the extension.

--

Maestro

I'm Canadian, 42 y/o, and have a one year multiple entry Non-Immigrant category "O" visa, have a Thai wife, and child.

About six months ago I was told by the staff in the Mae Sot (Tak) immigration office that merely having 400,000.00 THB in a Thai bank was not sufficient to obtain the one year extension stamp. I was told that instead of 400k in the bank I would need to provide tax receipts for income taxes paid on monthly income of not less that 40,000.00 THB for three consecutive months. These tax payments can be made at the local Amphur and I believe that income taxes on 40k p/m will be a little bit less than 2k p/m.

Is there anybody here on this board who has done this recently at Mae Sot immigration?

I would love to hear about any experiences so that I can be better prepared for mine.

Cheers

96tehtarp

The 400,000 baht option has been gone since Sept. 2006 unless you have obtained an extension before that date and kept it renewed since.

Showing tax reciepts is an option for provng the income. Combined income between you and the wife is allowed or hers alone. You can also prove your income with a letter from your embassy/consulate.

Also if you ever plan on appling for residence you have to show tax paid income (30K) for 2 years prior to application.

Joe