Looking For Place To Stay In Centre Bangkok Budget

olir18

hi

could anyone help!? my friend and i are going to bangkok for 4/5 days in november before going on elsewhere! looking for apartment / hotel (with double rooms a/c, shower etc), looking to pay 600 - 1300bht max really. was thinking of being in silom/ rama / siam (any other suggestions welcome!) ive been once before, stayed in KSR. just wanna be well connected to most things. just going to party and little shopping. dont mind the odd tuk tuk taxi or train. hoping to get somewhere that will allow women back with no problems :o

any help will be greatly appreciated!

cheers :D

Federal hotel - soi 11.Swimming Pool and decent rooms. 1200 baht a night. 1000 for the cheaper rooms. Double rooms a/c, shower bath, TV. No issues with women back.

Excellent location.

thanks! have you stayed here? how long ago?

Yes - i stay there every time I visit Bkk.

Really nice open air restaurant on Soi 11 - although I forget the name of it. Even saw Peter Reid there - not that it matters really. Also the swanky Supper Club place - think its called that. Seems to be the place all the trendy farangs go and well to do thais - so not for me. Ha Ha!

Most recently stayed there at the beginning of September this year for a week or so.

hi

could anyone help!? my friend and i are going to bangkok for 4/5 days in november before going on elsewhere! looking for apartment / hotel (with double rooms a/c, shower etc), looking to pay 600 - 1300bht max really. was thinking of being in silom/ rama / siam (any other suggestions welcome!) ive been once before, stayed in KSR. just wanna be well connected to most things. just going to party and little shopping. dont mind the odd tuk tuk taxi or train. hoping to get somewhere that will allow women back with no problems :o

Hi Olir18,

You may wish to consider the Sathorn Inn Hotel. It is right next to Chongnonsi Sky train station and very handy for Silom. The hotel is fine, although a bit old. However, prices reflect that. People I know stay and have stayed there for long periods and have always been happy. Prices range from 800 to 1300 THB.

They have a web-site, just google the name and the web-site will come up.

Good luck

Frm-Bkk

PS. I have sent you a pm.

Edited by FRM-BKK

hi

Rajah mansion in Soi 4 is good for what you want to do.Not confuse it it with the Rajah hotel which is a dump but this place is very clean and close to Nana BTS and all the nightlife in the area.

The cost was 700bt a night or 11000 per month but they do have a website so you could check on there.

hi

Hi Olir18,

You may wish to consider the Sathorn Inn Hotel. It is right next to Chongnonsi Sky train station and very handy for Silom. The hotel is fine, although a bit old. However, prices reflect that. People I know stay and have stayed there for long periods and have always been happy. Prices range from 800 to 1300 THB.

They have a web-site, just google the name and the web-site will come up.

Good luck

Frm-Bkk

PS. I have sent you a pm.

An update on Sathorn Inn if I may. Unless you like the sound of construction piling and cranes until 8pm at night and from 8am in the mornings on the weekends, give it a miss for a next while (2 years) until that Sathorn Square development is finished.

Whilst I didn't have an apartment in BKK I enjoyed staying at All Seasons Sathorn

I don't think that the All Seasons fits the OP's budget requirements.

Sukhumvit Soi 20 has a place called "Premier Inn". Pretty central and good price (about 1,000 a night)

Also as others have mentioned the Federal on 11 is good.

Also Sawadee Sukhumvit on Soi 57 is OK. Near Tong Lor station and only about 800Baht a night.

hi

Rajah mansion in Soi 4 is good for what you want to do.Not confuse it it with the Rajah hotel which is a dump but this place is very clean and close to Nana BTS and all the nightlife in the area.

The cost was 700bt a night or 11000 per month but they do have a website so you could check on there.

Hello.

I am considering staying at the Rajah mansion for 1 month. However I heard (on the net) you may not get back your 1 month security deposit. Has anyone else heard if these allegations are true.

Thanks.

TC.

hi

Hello.

I am considering staying at the Rajah mansion for 1 month. However I heard (on the net) you may not get back your 1 month security deposit. Has anyone else heard if these allegations are true.

Thanks.

TC.

Hi TC

I stayed there for a year and never had any problems with them but obviously i got to know the staff quite well being there that long.

hi

Hello.

Thanks.

TC.

Hi TC

I stayed there for a year and never had any problems with them but obviously i got to know the staff quite well being there that long.

What's it like? Is it the place above Angels nightclub?