Is There A Decent (non-fast-food) Burger In Pattaya?

Jingthing

I think you're mixing up Fatboy Diner which was located in Avenue Pattaya on the 2nd floor near the Major Cineplex box office, and Fattie's Pattaya located on 2nd Road between Soi 1 and Soi 2. Fatboy Diner was only open a short time before it closed. I never got a chance to try it. Fatties sells good burgers and is still in business.<snip>

Edited by Crow Boy
removal of external website as per forum rules

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're mixing up Fatboy Diner which was located in Avenue Pattaya on the 2nd floor near the Major Cineplex box office, and Fattie's Pattaya located on 2nd Road between Soi 1 and Soi 2. Fatboy Diner was only open a short time before it closed. I never got a chance to try it. Fatties sells good burgers and is still in business.

Yes, Fatties on Second road close to Big C. I have eaten the 600g burger (a long time ago) and it was quite good. It's good to know Fatties has kept the quality and I will keep it in mind next time I am in the mood for a burger!!

I am familiar with Fatboy's Diner in the Avenue. I heard from a friend that it was pretty good. Too bad it closed already.

I think you're mixing up Fatboy Diner which was located in Avenue Pattaya on the 2nd floor near the Major Cineplex box office, and Fattie's Pattaya located on 2nd Road between Soi 1 and Soi 2. Fatboy Diner was only open a short time before it closed. I never got a chance to try it. Fatties sells good burgers and is still in business.

Yes, Fatties on Second road close to Big C. I have eaten the 600g burger (a long time ago) and it was quite good. It's good to know Fatties has kept the quality and I will keep it in mind next time I am in the mood for a burger!!

I am familiar with Fatboy's Diner in the Avenue. I heard from a friend that it was pretty good. Too bad it closed already.

Fatties, &lt;deleted&gt;, for a name, quality or what!!! :o

I ate a pretty decent burger at the food counter in Villa Market last night. Big thick meat patty that tasted fresh beef. Had cheese, bacon strip, lettuce, tomatoe, onions and pickles with fries. The fries were good also. A good portion and well cooked. The bun on the burger had been toasted slightly which was nice also.. 178 baht.

I also had some beef Nachos which were very good too. My girlfriend had a seafood spaghetti thai style and it had a great tasting sauce. I also had a cup of coffee which was very good also.

All in all a good dining experience. With drinks and the 3 entrees it was only 500Baht.

• 4 months later...

18 Coins on Soi Buakhow do a excellent plain burger (homemade) with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and chips 100 baht, nice to wash it down with any 3 beers for 130 baht, if you want the 3 beers you need to ask for the promotion first cos the staff don't always ask you

I really don't think anybody responding to this has ever had a good hamburger. A good burger starts and ends with good BEEF and with the exception of the Australian imported beef, there in no other high quality beef in the country. All the places you are mention are using buffalo meat, which pretty much sucks.

I have completely stopped trying to get a good hamburger because they just don't exist. A few of the place mention here I have literally taken one bite and spit it out and did not eat another thing on the plate. By the way a burger in 80/20. Or 80% beef and 20% fat. The fat cooks off and adds flavor to the burger.

Just like Pizza, it is pretty much useless trying to get anything close to a quality product.

18 Coins on Soi Buakhow do a excellent plain burger (homemade) with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and chips 100 baht, nice to wash it down with any 3 beers for 130 baht, if you want the 3 beers you need to ask for the promotion first cos the staff don't always ask you

This place has been mentioned on several food orientated threads, where is it exactly please?

This place has been mentioned on several food orientated threads, where is it exactly please?

It is on Soi Buckheaw on the opposite side of the road to Club Oasis Go-Go about three hundred metres down towards Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Road).

Or come up Soi Diana from Pattaya 2nd Road, as you reach Soi Buckhaew, turn right and it is 300 yards down on the right hand side, you can't miss the large open front and the 18 coins signs and golf notices.

I really don't think anybody responding to this has ever had a good hamburger. A good burger starts and ends with good BEEF and with the exception of the Australian imported beef, there in no other high quality beef in the country. All the places you are mention are using buffalo meat, which pretty much sucks.

I have completely stopped trying to get a good hamburger because they just don't exist. A few of the place mention here I have literally taken one bite and spit it out and did not eat another thing on the plate. By the way a burger in 80/20. Or 80% beef and 20% fat. The fat cooks off and adds flavor to the burger.

Just like Pizza, it is pretty much useless trying to get anything close to a quality product.

Aussie beef is a poor substitute for US or Brazilian beef. Grain fed beats grass fed for sure.

Fatties? Sorry, I won't be caught dead at a restaurant called Fatties. Yes, its the name. Yes, that's superficial but thats the way it is.

What's in a name? Yesterday I had one of the best burgers ever at a place called Fatburger. In Los Angeles. I had always avoided it because of the off-putting name. I will go back today as I return to LOS soon and know I will miss this iconic Southern California burger!

I really miss the "In n Out" burgers and fries and Carl's Jrs. Starburgers

Longball,

I know you are from my neck of the woods in S.CA if you are talking about In 'n Out burgers....the best in CA.....and the only ones my Thai hubby ever ate in the states.

Beachbunny

Cafe Uno on Soi Khao Noi on the East side of Sukhumvit has some of the best Farang food in Pattaya and at very decent prices too, also great burgers.

post-52199-1236599631_thumb.jpg

post-52199-1236599673_thumb.jpg

what is all that crap on that burger???? doesn't look like much of a hamburger IMO.

Also, IMO the burger I had at shennaigans was the worst I've had here....all I can say is YUCK!!! dry, do taste...tasted more like someones idea of meatloaf.

Beachbunny

Ok

There is a great little burger to be had in soi 7 55 baht just a few yards down on the right if coming from 2nd rd.

Not the hut on the left but small shop unit on the right, lovingly made and a great quality thin beef patty.

often a late night stop for me.

(I guess this could qualify as a fast food burger but way better than the rest) :o

Longball,

I know you are from my neck of the woods in S.CA if you are talking about In 'n Out burgers....the best in CA.....and the only ones my Thai hubby ever ate in the states.

Beachbunny

Never been to Tommy's, eh ? :o

That hole in the wall burger shack on Soi 8 makes a great burger after about 12 beers. :D

...and with the exception of the Australian imported beef, there in no other high quality beef in the country.

Sorry to say, but you have no idea.

There is high quality Thai beef available, there are even Thai Restaurants where you can get very tasty Thai Sirloin or Tenderloin at a fraction of price for imported beef.

Amor's Restaurant off of Pattayaland Soi 2 makes a good Vegi-Burger.....no beef or other dead animals, fish or insects, whatsoever...........

Good for your health and possibly for your "Karma" also..........

Think about it -- once you put all the condiments on the dead animal .........ketchup, mustard, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, pickles, thousand island dressing, mayonnaise, etc. -- does the taste of the dead animal really matter?

Why not just have a vegetarian Subway Sandwich with some phony BBQ sauce?

There is high quality Thai beef available, there are even Thai Restaurants where you can get very tasty Thai Sirloin or Tenderloin at a fraction of price for imported beef.

You have lost your mind. You have been here way too long. Thia beef SUCKS.

Good Thai beef at restaurants? Addresses please. Not had the pleasure as yet.

Even if you are talking American or Aussie beef. there is no reason for the beef in a burger to be the very best beef (a bit of a waste). However a burger made with very good beef is very delicious, while a burger made with Thai beef is simply not good eating. All you can do is drown it in condiments and toppings to try to mask the horribleness.

Edited by Jingthing

You have lost your mind. You have been here way too long. Thia beef SUCKS.

...And it is tough. I have heard that Thai-French beef in Bangkok tastes OK, but I wonder about the texture. Usually, I just end up throwing Thai beef away because I can not chew it. :o

• 5 months later...