Dead Space (ps3 Version) Review

Ian_B

Went to MBK and picked up "Dead Space" and "Little BIG Planet" for PS3

Not tried LBP yet as I'm want to play it with my son so have been messing around with Dead Space for the past hour or so (which is VERY gory and not for the little ones!)

Early impressions are excellent. No installation needed (PS3 was lead platform for this game) and it looks and plays very well

So far a very atmospheric sc-fi horror game and so far it's on a par with Resident Evil 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought this game last night too as I can't wait until the newly delayed release date of RE5. It looks pretty good and is very atmospheric/creepy however I have not noticed much variation in the enemies yet so this may be a downside...

Overall it seems good, although I'm not sure if I regard it as highly as RE4.

I finished Dead Space over the weekend and thought it was excellent all the way through

The enemies get nastier and faster as you progress and you have to resort to using your slow-time ability often.

I love the way that shooting them in the head or body doesn't work well and you have to go for the limbs to stop them

There are a couple of brilliant sequences when you are faced with an "unkillable" monster (think Nemesis from RE3) and those for me were the best parts in this 10/10 game.

I think of this game more in the vein of System Shock 2 than RE4