Travel

terrier123

I am considering taking a holiday in China FROM Thailand wih my Thai wife. I can book flights online and hotels through asiarooms.com/ or similar and find other major transport costs. What I need to know is the general cost of visas, local eating and getting around etc. Has any member visited Macau, Hk, Bejiing recently without attending the Olympic Games?

Thanks for your help

I can't remember the cost of the visa now but I posted it in a post in July when I went to Shanghai on holiday.

Found it http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Visas-China-...ml&hl=China cost was 2,000 Baht each which was worth it to me as it saved me a trip up from Pattaya.

I do remeber it was better to use a travel agent to get the visa as they are more aware of the latest requirements from the Chinese so a better chance of success in applying. Some posters were trying to do it themselves and getting KBd 'cos of not having the correct documents.

Getting around in Shanghai and Hangzhou was very cheap (trains and taxis) as were hotels but HK is expensive. Beijing may still be more expensive because of the post Olympics interest.

Edited by PattayaParent