Farang Music

whiterussian

Some old thai guy gave me 100 baht for getting him a couple of CD's from the internet, "the kinks" and best of "yardbirds".

If there are any farang out there who would like to give me 100 baht(ish) for any ( i mean ANY) albums, i will gladly download and burn to CD for them.

Or, if any farang would like me to visit and explain how to download music at home, that can be arranged for a few hundred baht.

Cheers.

i can do covers, and a case, for the right price... :o

No hustling involved. Simply a service. Just testing the waters...

I dont watch TV, i have 2 sets, everything i need is on the net. Latest movies, EVERY album - ever!.

I do feel for the computer inept farang, sitting at home with no decent music...

Sure the Thais do it. but you gotta do the thai tango, speaka de lingo etc.

Seriously though, im a decent computer expert, but bored bored bored!

(dont really care if no-one wants any music, - i was shocked to be paid for giving the CD's to my Thai friend, who really just didnt have a clue how to do it.. I offered him the complete works of any artist in mp3, but he doesnt understand mp3's...)

Maybe you lot are all too internet savvy for this kinda deal.

back to the drawing board.

Anybody want some quality hill tribe wooden frogs? good price good price.

I would imagine most people on this forum are fairly computer savvy.

A friend of mine (un-named) had a huge archive of music. All copied from CD's (thus no DRM copyright issues) in mp3 format.

I bought an 80GB 2.5 HDD with an external case (first of several).

Copied more than 17,000 songs/thousands of albums.

Since then I've upgraded to a 160 GB external HDD that exclusively contains my music archive.

About 120 GB of music in every genre.

I think you're going to have a tough time selling individual CD's in this day and age- even geezers know that is 30 year old technology....

Can you do it on vinyl as that sounds a lot smoother. Got my turntable but dont understand how the small cd disc goes on it,only get a screeching noise, I thought CDs were supposed to be good quality, maybe I need a new stylus?

:o:D:D I presume that that's a classic wind up :D

Yeah scrub this idea. IMy old neighbour, god rest his soul.. used to get DVD copies of Uk TV from the 70's from a guy in Chiang Rai, all available in a day or so, im guessing a quick visit to the local library DVD section, and a UK upload to mr big in Thailand... far too much bloody hassle for me...

Still. what with meals on wheels here, what next for the rich oldies thinking about the green green grass?

Edited by UKWEBPRO

kiwi, yes i can get that, i hadnt really geared up to download movies, as i watch lesser quality "dvd-rips" on my flatscreen monitor... and ive never burnt movies to DVD (why have copies when i can download a copy in 3 hours?). Music files are very easy and fast to burn to disc compared to movies.

So give me a day or two to master the DVD burning deal, meanwhile the movie is already downloading.. ETA 5hrs 30mins.

Going to see what the quality is like on this file size, as i can get two versions ( a huge one - im guessing 100% quality - and the one i am downloading now at a quarter of the size ). Will need to check the quality on a real TV, otherwise downloading movies at original quality will be a pain. So will send you a private message when ive tried this all out.. No problem if i cant give you the 100% quality, i'd like to watch it again anyway!)

Just an afterthought: Here is a link to send private messages to me: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/compose-new-...l&MID=50139

:o

On second thoughts... im not sure i really want to get into movie piracy, its a load of work, for little reward and it just feels 'wrong'. Plus i dont want to step on any toes...

As for music, for me that gives me good vibes, i couldnt live without decent music when i need it. I felt great giving an ex-hippie-Thai albums he just could not get here in CM. What i will do is do this movie for you, for free - because i like Kiwi's - ( NZ took in my ex girlfriends entire family fleeing Mugabe in Zimbabwe, leaving behind farms, factories, etc etc) ... As i said, id like to see the movie again anyway...

cheers.

Edited by UKWEBPRO

No worries!, ive got the movie, will attempt to burn to DVD for you in next few days, and PM you.

yup. all torrents. be careful if you try yourself. just remember not to trust any filetype that is an (.exe), stick to mp3's, avi's etc.

http://www.utorrent.com/

http://btjunkie.org/search?q=rolling+stones

Search results for rolling stones Results 1 - 50 of 1,208

Yes indeed, which is why ive changed my mind.

As for music, i actually believe the world would be a better place if there were no 'royalties'. Maybe im just getting older and want to bring an end to modern 'music'!

I honestly think i will never buy another album in my life. Vive la revolucion!

But yes, a daft idea, im sure i could make money with, but cant be bothered.

Hope someone else can be bothered.

- well i know in fact they can be bothered for movies/tv... but you will have to go via the cabal of engrish expats..

I believe there are no 'royalties' on Thai radio - maybe thats just for Thai artists. interesting.

p.s: I had two 60's rock stars live in my village back in UK. Both utter <deleted> disliked by most of the village folk. good music though.

Edited by UKWEBPRO

I was just mentioning that posting an illegal activity on a mostly public forum may not be a good idea and I doubt they would let you list the local brothels either. Thai TV stinks no doubt and I disconnected UBC/True Vision over a year ago for censoring HBO and the like. Sure I get all of my TV from the web when I want and what I want with out censorship, subtitles or commercials.

point taken, torrents have been such a way of life for nearly 6,7 years now. ( i mean for some very naughty people im sure)

I retract all previous opinions, and offers, and insist that nobody use torrent search engines to deprive multinational corporations/artists of their rightful profits. (especially American companies/artists) blah blah.

Unfortunately the UK doesnt really have much TV on the web, ie: nobody uploads it, but then again im not missing much im sure.

The BBC have an online player but its not to my knowledge available outside the UK. (what bloody use is that?)

Anyway, lets close this embarrasing thread before i lose any more 'face'!

- meals on wheels

- home nursing

what on earth else do the old farangs in CM need? - thats legal...

Maybe they need those groovy telephone boxes that use Skype/VOIP, but require no PC...

hmm.....

Edited by UKWEBPRO