Had 3 Uk Vv's - Now Want To Apply For Spouse Visa

Hello all

OK, my gf is just about to go back to los after her 3rd successful uk visitor visa.

We are hoping to get married some time next year. We want to apply for a spouse visa but not sure if there is a minimum amount of time before she should apply for one?

Her current uk vv expires tomorrow - she has only been here 6 weeks on this visa. Due to a family death her visit was delayed. Her previous visits over the last 2 years have been for 2 months, 3 months and this time 6 weeks.

We were hoping to apply for oneearly next year, I go over for Songkran and we come back together but as I am not surte if this is too soon to apply for a further visa? Does a spouse visa application take longer to process?

Also, if we were to marry in LOS and had the necessary paperwork to support this, would we still need to get married in the UK?

Thanks for your help.

Taz...

As she's not reapplying for a visitor visa, there is no minimum exclusion period necessary for a spouse visa. However, What will happen when I make my application?

You should tell the Entry Clearance Officer the exact date on which you will be travelling before your visa is issued. (You can ask for it to be post-dated for up to three months if you do not plan to travel immediately).

Frequently asked questions (FAQs):

How long will my application take?

If no interview is required, your passport should be returned to the application centre within 2-5 working days. If you need to attend interview we aim to provide an interview within 15 working days.

Unfortunately there will invariably be times - particularly at peak travel times- when we cannot reach these standards with all applications. Please help us to provide you with the best possible service by allowing sufficient time for your application to be processed. We recommend that you allow at least a month (for non-settlement) and 3 months (for settlement).

If you marry in Thailand, then you cannot marry in the UK, unless you're divorced or a widower.

Also, if we were to marry in LOS and had the necessary paperwork to support this, would we still need to get married in the UK?
A legal marriage, i.e. the ampur registration, in Thailand is recognised as such in the UK. Therefore not only is there no need for you to marry again in the UK, you can't! You will already be married and so cannot marry each other again (unless you divorce first!).

You can marry in Thailand anytime and apply for settlement visa. Another option is to marry in the UK and apply for fiance visa for your partner this is a 6 month window to marry in the UK they are both the same price.

However once married you have to re-apply for settlement whilst in the UK this is very straightforward, but more expensive i would possibly marry in Bangkok if it was myself applying.

Good luck