Where Is Gold Going In This Market

http://www.fxstreet....ate/2012/04/18/

Central Banks Favour Gold as IMF Warns of "Collapse of Euro" and "Full Blown Panic in Financial Markets"

logical conclusion: heavy buying of Gold by "favouring" Central Banks must be the reason for the recent price decline?

whistling.gif

Maybe a dhiorea of paper creation to manipulate prices lower so those in the know can load up on physical at these nice prices?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.fxstreet....ate/2012/04/18/

Central Banks Favour Gold as IMF Warns of "Collapse of Euro" and "Full Blown Panic in Financial Markets"

logical conclusion: heavy buying of Gold by "favouring" Central Banks must be the reason for the recent price decline?

whistling.gif

Maybe a dhiorea of paper creation to manipulate prices lower so those in the know can load up on physical at these nice prices?

i don't believe in maybes but prefer facts.

this gets more and more ridiculous and i can only shake my head! how can anybody with an IQ above 82.5 believe that a fixed quantity of a certain precious metal will ever be exchanged for an unquantified weight of edible animal or rent for an unspecified area.

-one Dinar for an old male goat who's meat is stinking like a septic tank even if prepared in a spicy curry?

or

-one Dinar for a young well-nourished sheep which can still be used for a whole range of delicious dishes?

-one Dinar for a shabby 18m² studio apartment in one of the slum outskirts of Manila or a nicely furnished 50m² apartment in Manila's posh Makati area?

where does it mention that happens ?? All in your imagination Naam

( or your state of denial )giggle.gif

I simply imagined a 50m² apartment in Manila's posh Makati area could cost one dinar threedirhams and 50 chickens( based on the weight of each one )

tongue.png

Edited by midas

it would be interesting if scientists presented on YewToob the study "The Correlation of viral Lao Khao consumption combined with organic free-range unbleached Sheep on Gold Dinar spending during Ramadan in Islamic Countries".

it would be interesting if scientists presented on YewToob the study "The Correlation of viral Lao Khao consumption combined with organic free-range unbleached Sheep on Gold Dinar spending during Ramadan in Islamic Countries".

so far they have only studied the effects on rental values of organic free-range unbleached Sheep wandering Manila's posh Makati areaw00t.gif

so far they have only studied the effects on rental values of organic free-range unbleached Sheep wandering Manila's posh Makati area w00t.gif

any data on Dirham values of free roaming chicken fed with organic brown rice in the Malaysian Islamic state of Johor during Songkran? ermm.gif

used to work... I honestly believe (naive maybe) that much of this crisis is perpetuated by 'gambling' and 'betting' on what might be rather than on 'reality'. - you have money - you pay for something - credit? sure - but laying billions on movements in Cocoa? and Gold? and whatever cannot be good (ultimately).

of course gambling and betting of the banksters were the main reasons which caused the crisis.

but can it ever be stopped? depressing...

used to work... I honestly believe (naive maybe) that much of this crisis is perpetuated by 'gambling' and 'betting' on what might be rather than on 'reality'. - you have money - you pay for something - credit? sure - but laying billions on movements in Cocoa? and Gold? and whatever cannot be good (ultimately).

of course gambling and betting of the banksters were the main reasons which caused the crisis.

but can it ever be stopped? depressing...

unfortunately the answer is no.

inverse head n shoulders....

candlestick...

<deleted>.

of course anything is possible but call it my suspicious mind if you like but I can't help feeling that

the very same people who are attributed with repeatedly trying to crash the gold market over the last few months

would take every opportunity possible to disseminate as much negative information as possible.

All I know is I consider the reasons for buying it in the first place an absolutely nothing has changed?

as opposed to charts I would rather inwardly digest the kind of things Harvey Organ recently said

" Harvey Organ has been analyzing the bullion markets closely for decades. The quality and accuracy of his work is respected enough to have earned him an invitation to testify before the CFTC on position limits for precious metals back in 2010.

And he minces no words: Gold and silver prices are suppressed. With extreme prejudice."

http://www.chrismartenson.com/blog/harvey-organ-get-physical-gold-silver/73933

candlestick...

<deleted>.

of course anything is possible but call it my suspicious mind if you like but I can't help feeling that

the very same people who are attributed with repeatedly trying to crash the gold market over the last few months

would take every opportunity possible to disseminate as much negative information as possible.

All I know is I consider the reasons for buying it in the first place an absolutely nothing has changed?

as opposed to charts I would rather inwardly digest the kind of things Harvey Organ recently said

" Harvey Organ has been analyzing the bullion markets closely for decades. The quality and accuracy of his work is respected enough to have earned him an invitation to testify before the CFTC on position limits for precious metals back in 2010.

And he minces no words: Gold and silver prices are suppressed. With extreme prejudice."

http://www.chrismart...ld-silver/73933

couldn't agree more

1,500 postings since Gold made a high last year. overwhelming majority of the postings "explain" why people should by gold as its price will increase again "any time from now". that might be indeed the case tomorrow, next week, next month, next year or perhaps it will take another 20 years. the last seven months show clearly that Gold is not moving in a one-way street, might reverse its course at it did ~three decades ago and linger for 20 years causing only losses (except for parties who are interested to buy the proverbial roman tunic, boots and belt or the nowadays equivalent suit and shoes). the latter of course not in Savile Row because its tailors and shoemakers always quoted their products in Guineas (plural!). go to a Savile Row tailor with a Krüger Rand, ask for a made-to-measure suit and hear roaring laughter.

what also puzzles me is that most gold aficionados are arrogant enough to consider the mass of investors -who did not believe in gold but preferred to invest in "fiat" assets and collect their yields in "fiat"- to be plain idiots even though it is clear that most mansions, lear jets, yachts, fancy cars, lavish life style were paid for by "worthless fiat" and not by gold. that notwithstanding the fact that a free-roaming healthy and organic goat in Malaysia's Kelantan State can (allegedly) only be bought by "Islamic" currency wink.png

1,500 postings since Gold made a high last year. overwhelming majority of the postings "explain" why people should by gold as its price will increase again "any time from now". that might be indeed the case tomorrow, next week, next month, next year or perhaps it will take another 20 years. the last seven months show clearly that Gold is not moving in a one-way street, might reverse its course at it did ~three decades ago and linger for 20 years causing only losses (except for parties who are interested to buy the proverbial roman tunic, boots and belt or the nowadays equivalent suit and shoes). the latter of course not in Savile Row because its tailors and shoemakers always quoted their products in Guineas (plural!). go to a Savile Row tailor with a Krüger Rand, ask for a made-to-measure suit and hear roaring laughter.

what also puzzles me is that most gold aficionados are arrogant enough to consider the mass of investors -who did not believe in gold but preferred to invest in "fiat" assets and collect their yields in "fiat"- to be plain idiots even though it is clear that most mansions, lear jets, yachts, fancy cars, lavish life style were paid for by "worthless fiat" and not by gold. that notwithstanding the fact that a free-roaming healthy and organic goat in Malaysia's Kelantan State can (allegedly) only be bought by "Islamic" currency wink.png

I don't believe any one has referred to " the mass of investors " as plain idiots although one has to remember that were some pretty

influential and wealthy people on the Bernie Madoff investor listgiggle.gif

and it's not like we don't have a history to show us what happens in the end......tongue.png

Edited by midas

candlestick...

<deleted>.

Summary:

Ok, that's as far as I got before exhausting my Post-It pad. The bottom line here is that there was not one shred of credible, knowledgable commentary on precious metals in this interview. Not one bit. This was nothing more than yet another charlatan appealing to the emotional sensitivities of Hoffer's True Believer.

I'm certain I'll be flamed relentlessly for this post by the many true believers on this site. That's ok. I hope to offer those few who are here to actually learn about how markets truly function some insight, and I hope this post has helped at least a few people differentiate between the cogent and well-reasoned arguments of Mr. Tustain and the nonsensical ramblings of Mr. Organ. That's what investing is all about - learning that both the real players and the charlatans can talk a good story, and learning to tell the difference.

All the best,

Erik

p.s. To Adam and Chris, I openly challenge Mr. Organ, Mr. Butler, or both to a debate on these topics in a future podcast on this site.

candlestick...

<deleted>.

Summary:

Ok, that's as far as I got before exhausting my Post-It pad. The bottom line here is that there was not one shred of credible, knowledgable commentary on precious metals in this interview. Not one bit. This was nothing more than yet another charlatan appealing to the emotional sensitivities of Hoffer's True Believer.

I'm certain I'll be flamed relentlessly for this post by the many true believers on this site. That's ok. I hope to offer those few who are here to actually learn about how markets truly function some insight, and I hope this post has helped at least a few people differentiate between the cogent and well-reasoned arguments of Mr. Tustain and the nonsensical ramblings of Mr. Organ. That's what investing is all about - learning that both the real players and the charlatans can talk a good story, and learning to tell the difference.

All the best,

Erik

p.s. To Adam and Chris, I openly challenge Mr. Organ, Mr. Butler, or both to a debate on these topics in a future podcast on this site.

" learn about how markets truly function "

you would have to be smoking something to genuinely believe precious metals are being traded in conditions resembling

anything like" markets "blink.png

Edited by midas

I don't believe any one has referred to " the mass of investors " as plain idiots although one has to remember that were some pretty

influential and wealthy people on the Bernie Madoff investor listgiggle.gif

and it's not like we don't have a history to show us what happens in the end......tongue.png

every brainless posting containing "worthless fiat money" is indirectly calling any investor an idiot who has holdings denominated in "fiat". it also shows the idiotic behaviour of the same people who need worthless fiat money each and every day to pay for goods and service worth something.

history also shows plain idiots who thought they can make billions with precious metals but lost billions (Nelson and William in 1980) and others who lost their life savings by investing at that time in gold and then got zilch for twenty long years. needless to say that the learned resident gold bugs only started to buy gold a decade ago because they knew it can only go up, up and up.

you would have to be smoking something to genuinely believe precious metals are being traded in conditions resembling anything like" markets "blink.png

it seems you are smoking "something" if you believe that not all markets are using identical cheating procedures for gains. that starts with vegetable and fish markets and ends with futures and CDS trading. each and everything is based on offer and demand, the difference causing profits or losses.

you would have to be smoking something to genuinely believe precious metals are being traded in conditions resembling anything like" markets "blink.png

it seems you are smoking "something" if you believe that not all markets are using identical cheating procedures for gains. that starts with vegetable and fish markets and ends with futures and CDS trading. each and everything is based on offer and demand, the difference causing profits or losses.

but of course the ultimate cheating is printing " fiat " out of thin airlaugh.png

Edited by midas

The real J.P. Morgan, in 1912 testifying to Congress said, "Gold is money. Everything else is credit"

Attila the Hun said "only meat for my lunch, give the vegetables to the slaves" and then there was Alexander the Great who said "don't bore me to death by telling me how a Pharao would have crossed the Hindukush".

coffee1.gif

As the 'clown' looks as if he is having problems ...

Right Wingers In Europe Just Fired Off Two Huge Torpedoes

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-04-22/news/31381411_1_marine-le-pen-le-pen-anti-euro#ixzz1srCpOokw

a few talk sense

Nigel Farage: Euro Break-Up Just a Question of How

in this climate I wouldn't bet against gold ... smile.png

Warren Buffet and the New Calculus of Gold

http://thespellmanreport.com/2012/04/21/warren-buffet-and-the-new-calculus-of-gold/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonchang/2012/04/22/the-best-reason-in-the-world-to-buy-gold/

The Best Reason in the World to Buy Gold

300x207.jpg

Beijing is planning to avoid U.S. financial sanctions on Iran by paying for oil with gold. China’s imports of the metal arealready large, and you can guess what additional purchases are going to do to prices.

http://www.forbes.co...ld-to-buy-gold/

The Best Reason in the World to Buy Gold

300x207.jpg

Beijing is planning to avoid U.S. financial sanctions on Iran by paying for oil with gold. China’s imports of the metal arealready large, and you can guess what additional purchases are going to do to prices.

give me all the fiat you can print out of thin air!

Hey Naam maybe Beijing will send you buckets of it - you know the ones they dont want giggle.gif