• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If what has been reported about JP Morgan & their naked silver shorts is true......They may be in a painful position this week....

I do not know what to believe with this story. But read this and consider whether this is an issue or not.

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/jp-morgan-silver-manipulation/484711

Of course, none of this refutes the idea that JPM could be manipulating the silver market; but I think if people are buying based solely on this nutty theory, they are only going to get burned in the long-run. My guess is that there is some minor modicum of truth behind the story, but that ignorant commentators have exaggerated everything and blown everything out of proportion relative to its actual impact.

For example Max Kaiser was a'shoutin an a'screamin at the peeps to get out and buy an ounce of silver to teach JPM a lesson. And then there was the "Stand and Deliver" campaign. Neither of which had the desired effect of sending my AG up into the stratosphere, although its doing quote well, and I am not complaining.smile.gif

Edited by 12DrinkMore

I do not know what to believe with this story. But read this and consider whether this is an issue or not.

For example Max Kaiser was a'shoutin an a'screamin at the peeps to get out and buy an ounce of silver to teach JPM a lesson. And then there was the "Stand and Deliver" campaign. Neither of which had the desired effect of sending my AG up into the stratosphere, although its doing quote well, and I am not complaining.

Yes I have no horse in the whole JP Morgan race but have read many versions.

But again did not base my entry on those stories.

But one site that I do read regularly these days is

http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/

Just because it is interesting to watch the comings & goings at the COMEX on both AU & AG

It is interesting in relation to market action & at times it does make one wonder if the comex will in fact soon have a delivery problem.

for the record: i don't like the way Silver behaved yesterday <_<

Me 2 :)

That gap up was not a great sign

But then again looks like it was brought back today once the US opened.

Will also be a interesting week with BS Bernanke doing a few speeches :rolleyes:

Got an email 4/25/11 from APMEX The American Precious Metals Exchange

Not a great deal on the gold but did surprise me with their $3 on top of Silver Eagle spot prices

Seems the US mint has been held up till May 13th

We Want These Products:

We will pay you $38.00 over the current spot price of Gold for your Gold American Eagles. ANY year, ANY quantity! Gold American Eagle

We will pay you $3.00 over the current spot price of Silver for your Silver American Eagles. ANY year, ANY quantity!

As far a silver goes, I think it has a ways to go "UP" before any bubble to bust.

Anyone with silver coins or bullion to sell before the price falls more? , please pm me....

Edited by JRinger

As far a silver goes, I think it has a ways to go "UP" before any bubble to bust.

Anyone with silver coins or bullion to sell before the price falls more? , please pm me....

Daaa deee diii daaa, daaa derrr dee daa dteee......

Unfortunately, that's way over my head. Looks like no end to intelligent responses. It sort of resembles 'baby talk' but can't be sure.

Abrak, good to see you....

I just sat here like an idiot and tried to sound out what you wrote, but for the life of me I can't figure out the tune!!!!!!

good to know that you are still kicking Abrak. a rumour circulated that you went up the Amazonas with a kayak to hunt caymans and then some savage injun tribe kidnapped you.

Abrak, good to see you....

I just sat here like an idiot and tried to sound out what you wrote, but for the life of me I can't figure out the tune!!!!!!

Sounds like an old Police tune......(when their logic ties me up and rapes me) hint hint :violin:

good to know that you are still kicking Abrak. a rumour circulated that you went up the Amazonas with a kayak to hunt caymans and then some savage injun tribe kidnapped you.

Could it be a message ? i thought either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNiYECUd2ZU

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iJk9vWzBqc

meaning ?

Gold-Buying Central Bankers May Extend Record Rally

Central banks that were net sellers of gold a decade ago are buying the precious metal to reduce their reliance on the dollar as a reserve currency, signaling demand that may extend a record rally in prices.

As developing countries accelerate purchases, gold may reach $2,000 an ounce this year, compared with a record of $1,569.80 today in New York, said Robert McEwen, the chief executive officer of producer U.S. Gold Corp. Euro Pacific Capital’s Michael Pento, who correctly predicted gold’s highs for the past two years, forecasts a 2011 high of $1,600.

Prices reached a record 15 times this month on demand from investors seeking an alternative to the dollar after the currency slumped to the lowest since 2009, U.S. debt widened, and the Federal Reserve signaled April 27 that borrowing costs will remain near zero percent for an extended period. The economy in China, the biggest foreign holder of U.S. Treasuries, grew 9.7 percent in the first quarter.

“China is out to have more gold than America, and Russia is aspiring to the same,” McEwen said yesterday in an interview at a Bloomberg Link conference in New York. “When you have debt, you don’t have a lot of flexibility. China wants to show its currency has more backing than the U.S.”

Full Article at link above

“China is out to have more gold than America, and Russia is aspiring to the same,” McEwen said yesterday in an interview at a Bloomberg Link conference in New York

and added "this is what Putin and Hu repeat every sunday morning when we three have breakfast together" :whistling:

Gold climbs to new high of Rs 23,175/10 gram, silver slips

PTI | Apr 30, 2011, 03.24pm IST

NEW DELHI: Gold prices surged to a new peak and crossed the Rs 23,000 mark in the national capital on Saturday on sustained buying by speculators, triggered by a strong rally in overseas markets. Silver, however, dropped due to reduced offtake.

The yellow gold spurted by Rs 655 to all-time high of Rs 23,175 per 10 grams as the metal in international markets climbed to a record high of USD 1,570.60 an ounce in day-to-day trading.