Where Is Gold Going In This Market

I recently read the following on one of the blogs I follow; essentially -

It is easier to buy assets (like PM) with cash on the way up (in the event of an hyper/inflationary outcome) than selling assets for cash (in the event of a deflationary/burst outcome).

This makes sense to me and might be of interest to those (like me) who perceive some value in the holding of PM but also think (like I do), that a deflationary outcome is more likely, at least in the near term, and perceive some value in holding physical currency as well.

it doesn't make sense to me and i claim that yield providing financial assets will increase tremendously in value and be in high demand in case of a deflationary environment.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do not know about the price.

All I know is that my boy friend still owe me a ring.

He keep saying that it is too expensive at the moment.

Guess I have to wait a few more years.

Hopefully price will fall before I am 30, else I will find a richer man (just kidding). :)

Edited by DaleBlue

Naam, I have the perfect way for you to retire in the states. we trade passports. i take the German one, you take the US one. this way you can stay in the states and I don't get gouged for taxes when i am not living there. win win

Naam, I have the perfect way for you to retire in the states. we trade passports. i take the German one, you take the US one. this way you can stay in the states and I don't get gouged for taxes when i am not living there. win win

Jimmy, problem is that i have more hair than you and that goes for the pounds too :D but i could shave off and lose some weight :)

Jimmy, problem is that i have more hair than you and that goes for the pounds too :D but i could shave off and lose some weight :)

buy can you mimic my incredible personality?? :D by the way, i dont have a shaved head on my passport pic....we can work this out

Edited by Lost in LOS

buy can you mimic my incredible personality?? :D by the way, i dont have a shaved head on my passport pic....we can work this out

mimicking your personality shouldn't be such a big problem. i will carry a Koi in my breast pocket, talk to him/her/it and rename my dog "Buddy". but can you provide a passport for Mrs Naam too? :D

Another one -

Korean central bank may buy gold to diversify reserves

http://www.bi-me.com/main.php?c=3&cg=4...=1&id=38674

They better :D Then again for all we know they have more than USA :):D

As of late May this year, the Bank of Korea had 14.3 tons of gold, far less its counterparts in the United States (8,134 tons); Germany (3,413); China (1,054); Japan (765); Russia (537); Taiwan (424); the Philippines (154); Singapore (127); Thailand (84); Indonesia (73); and Malaysia (36 tons).
Edited by flying

It is easier to buy assets (like PM) with cash on the way up (in the event of an hyper/inflationary outcome) than selling assets for cash (in the event of a deflationary/burst outcome).

This makes sense to me and might be of interest to those (like me) who perceive some value in the holding of PM but also think (like I do), that a deflationary outcome is more likely, at least in the near term, and perceive some value in holding physical currency as well.

it doesn't make sense to me and i claim that yield providing financial assets will increase tremendously in value and be in high demand in case of a deflationary environment.

And those profits (as they may be realized) will be well-deserved for the liquidity, currency and credit risks the instrument holders are taking.

And those profits (as they may be realized) will be well-deserved for the liquidity, currency and credit risks the instrument holders are taking.

there's no asset in which one can invest that does not contain any risk.

just read where the US Vp just said the US will not restrain Israel if it wants to bomb Iran

Id say gold is going up.............

your commander in chief chided his deputy. anyway, from a stupid democrat male version of Sarah Palin one can only expect bullshit.

just read where the US Vp just said the US will not restrain Israel if it wants to bomb Iran

Id say gold is going up.............

your commander in chief chided his deputy. anyway, from a stupid democrat male version of Sarah Palin one can only expect bullshit.

hang on a minute ! :D He didnt " chide his deputy " ?

"Israel can determine for itself --- it's a sovereign nation --- what's in their interest and what they decide to do relative to Iran and anyone else," Biden said on ABC's "This Week."

Obama said Tuesday that Biden had simply been stating a fact, not sending a signal.

"I think Vice President Biden stated a categorical fact, which is we can't dictate to other countries what their security interests are. What is also true is that it is the policy of the United States to resolve the issue of Iran's nuclear capabilities in a peaceful way through diplomatic channels," he said.

But as Defense Minister Ehud Barak said only last week..........its not USA that is being threatened with being wiped out

so their time frame for negotiations is not going to be the same as USA :)

This will happen as night follows day

Edited by midas

ah sez... no attack on Iran (which can stop the development of nuclear warheads). any attack (should there be one) will most probably result in a (temporary) closure of the Straits of Hormuz, markets will tumble, gold and crude will (temporarily) spike. clever investors will have again an excellent chance to rake in profits. those sitting on gold will (temporarily) smile but later realise that "The LORD giveth and the LORD taketh".

Iran will sooner or later have the bomb as does North Korea. nobody can stop that. that Israel can pull the same trick as in june 1981 is zionist propaganda cum zionist and general anti-iranian wishful thinking.

ah sez... no attack on Iran (which can stop the development of nuclear warheads). any attack (should there be one) will most probably result in a (temporary) closure of the Straits of Hormuz, markets will tumble, gold and crude will (temporarily) spike. clever investors will have again an excellent chance to rake in profits. those sitting on gold will (temporarily) smile but later realise that "The LORD giveth and the LORD taketh".

Iran will sooner or later have the bomb as does North Korea. nobody can stop that. that Israel can pull the same trick as in june 1981 is zionist propaganda cum zionist and general anti-iranian wishful thinking.

Aha ! I agree with part of your opinion.

I believe an attack will be a botched effort and will not achieve the desired result and I agree it will most likely result in the closure of the Straits of Hormuz.

Its what happens to world markets and indeed geopolitics generally that no one can be certain about. I think this could be the first domino that will like the fire around the world and I dont see a resilient recovery.

Then there is the question - how will would the worlds 1.5 billion Muslims react to this aggression e.. Pakistan ?

And the difference between North Korea and Iran is that I believe Iran fully intends to use it.

Maybe I can sneak in the same question here for which I was chastised by a moderator in another thread and with my posting deleted simply for asking this:-

has anyone asked themselves where the likely aggressors in this situation would be likely to get the money from to finance this possible attack bearing in mind the population is only 6 million and they are in recession?

Edited by midas

has anyone asked themselves where the likely aggressors in this situation would be likely to get the money from to finance this possible attack bearing in mind the population is only 6 million and they are in recession?

Easy........ guess

rahm_emanuel_at_obama_inauguration.jpg

Edited by flying

Easy........ guess

rahm_emanuel_at_obama_inauguration.jpg

:)