Where Is Gold Going In This Market

Chinese Firm Promotes & Sells Gold Plated Tungsten Online!giggle.gif

http://www.silverdoc...lated-tungsten/

Perhaps they have been reading Thaivisa ! smile.png

'Actually.. it is quite possible although I know it seems difficult. I was sent and article on that when it first broke as well.

Does it actually mater how they pulled it off? The fact remains that tungsten filled gold bars and coins are being passed around and this is nothing new at all.

http://www.tungsten-.../en/alloy11.htm

Edited by Jayman, 2012-09-22 22:00:15.'

Edited by churchill

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chinese Firm Promotes & Sells Gold Plated Tungsten Online!giggle.gif

http://www.silverdoc...lated-tungsten/

Perhaps they have been reading Thaivisa ! smile.png

'Actually.. it is quite possible although I know it seems difficult. I was sent and article on that when it first broke as well.

Does it actually mater how they pulled it off? The fact remains that tungsten filled gold bars and coins are being passed around and this is nothing new at all.

http://www.tungsten-.../en/alloy11.htm

Edited by Jayman, 2012-09-22 22:00:15.'

http://www.thaivisa....50#entry5690220

Quite honestly.. looking at my bookmark keeper app, it looks like I added that bm for http://www.tungsten-alloy.com/en/alloy11.htm back on 3/5/2010. That company has been in the market for sometime now and I was thinking when I first stumbled across it that it would only be a matter of time before more gold plated tungsten is passed off as the real deal around the world.

The USA is printing money at the rate of 40 Billion USD per month, possibly forever. Europe is going bankrupt. You would be a fool not to buy Gold on dips in the amrket price. Stop buying Gold when Europe and the USA get their fiscal houses in order.

Perhaps but consider what might happen if the "asset value" of outstanding USD debt collapses at a rate of 400 B USD per month.

The USA is printing money at the rate of 40 Billion USD per month, possibly forever. Europe is going bankrupt. You would be a fool not to buy Gold on dips in the amrket price. Stop buying Gold when Europe and the USA get their fiscal houses in order.

...which has tended to march with the euro for most of the year, so if you think the euro is going down then you should short gold.

...which has tended to march with the euro for most of the year, so if you think the euro is going down then you should short gold.

Interesting take since the weekness in the EURO has gold priced in EURO's at a record high. Why don't you go short gold mate. Honestly, not sure why you troll this thread and then even go so far as to give others financial advice.

Interesting take since the weekness in the EURO has gold priced in EURO's at a record high. Why don't you go short gold mate. Honestly, not sure why you troll this thread and then even go so far as to give others financial advice.

And right on cue Euro down, gold down today.

And right on cue Euro down, gold down today.

And how much did you make on your trade? And since you seem to be so brilliant maybe you'll understand that gold dropped against the USD first.. then after the EURO dropped against the USD. But any old thing to come and show all how right you are about stuff you don't believe or support.

Edited by Jayman

And how much did you make on your trade? And since you seem to be so brilliant maybe you'll understand that gold dropped against the USD first.. then after the EURO dropped against the USD. But any old thing to come and show all how right you are about stuff you don't believe or support.

I think we can be confident that if gold fell 1% against the dollar and the euro fell 1.25% against the dollar, you would be coming on here and telling that gold was going up.

I think we can be confident that if gold fell 1% against the dollar and the euro fell 1.25% against the dollar, you would be coming on here and telling that gold was going up.

we? you got a mouse in your pocket?

you can use whatever excuses you want to discount any rise in gold but for those that actually own it, if they can go into the store and sell it for more than they paid then the price has risen since they purchased it. That is regardless of what you have to say on the matter.

If I paid 25,000thb per baht last week and can sell it now for 25,800thb then it doesn't mater to me what it did against the USD or how you feel about my new found 800thb.

I've also made it very clear that I don't expect gold to only rise and I even make leveraged trades on the short side. That said, I own physical gold with no intention of selling in the short term as I feel over the next 2-5 years gold will have significant gains vs the fiat money that most keep in the banks.

Edited by Jayman

you can use whatever excuses you want to discount any rise in gold but for those that actually own it, if they can go into the store and sell it for more than they paid then the price has risen since they purchased it. That is regardless of what you have to say on the matter.

If I paid 25,000thb per baht last week and can sell it now for 25,800thb then it doesn't mater to me what it did against the USD or how you feel about my new found 800thb.

I've also made it very clear that I don't expect gold to only rise and I even make leveraged trades on the short side. That said, I own physical gold with no intention of selling in the short term as I feel over the next 2-5 years gold will have significant gains vs the fiat money that most keep in the banks.

Of course your right; everything is relative. Like currency trading. If gold were viewed as a currency (which I think it is pritty much) one might hear on the evening news, "gold fell against the dollar while strengthening against the euro", and so on with various currencies strengthening or weakening relative to each other.

Of course your right; everything is relative. Like currency trading. If gold were viewed as a currency (which I think it is pritty much) one might hear on the evening news, "gold fell against the dollar while strengthening against the euro", and so on with various currencies strengthening or weakening relative to each other.

Nonsense.

Nonsense.

so says you and your mouse.

Gold likes Chinese stimulus...well any stimulus...but as you can see from this chart, on sept 26/27 China injected a shitload of Yuan into the market...and there is the prospect of more coming that will keep gold propped up for the time being...IMO.

The Gold-colored line is the dollar index

The Green line is the EURUSD

Red(ish) line is Gold vs the dollar

euro.bmp

Edited by kblaze

Here is the Euro vs Dollar vs Gold over the past 3 months.

As you can see Euro and Gold movements somewhat correlate, while the dollar goes the other way. I know im preachin to the choir, but im bored so i thought i throw some visuals into the conversation.

post-63733-0-28392100-1348817072_thumb.j

Here is the Euro vs Dollar vs Gold over the past 3 months.

As you can see Euro and Gold movements somewhat correlate, while the dollar goes the other way. I know im preachin to the choir, but im bored so i thought i throw some visuals into the conversation.

Here's an interesting discussion -

http://www.testosteronepit.com/home/2012/9/28/the-bottom-line-on-gold-the-dollar-and-the-euro.html

Very interesting interview of Nolan Watson on the Peter Schiff show. He is the young genius who runs Sandstorm. He said that the cost of mining pms has sky rocketed and that the pms have not kept up with these costs, ie, they are undervalued. He could obviously be talking BS but the guy is a philanthropist and generally does not seem like the type of person to get on a radio show and lie. he said the reason so many mining stocks suck is because they cannot get the money to mine the pms and that the pms are too cheap to bother being mined. so perhaps the lack of supply will drive up the price of the pms or maybe it will just bring everyone to their senses of how silly it is too spend so much money digging up precious metals. smile.png

Still down the last 12 months.

Wow.. you are really talented in chart reading. How anyone could look at that quarterly chart showing the last 9 years and conclude anything but gold has been in an uptrend is beyond me.

Perhaps you don't know how to read candles? As you can clearly see, the q3 2012 candle closed higher than the q3 2011 candle. That is a 12 month period. So yes, the gold price closed higher now than 12 months ago. If you are trying to compare the peak of the candle wicks as the closing prices then you are making things up as you go along.

To keep calling you uneducated on this subject would be a waste of time. I think it's quite evident to all here that you know very little of what you speak.

Still down the last 12 months.

Wow.. you are really talented in chart reading. How anyone could look at that quarterly chart showing the last 9 years and conclude anything but gold has been in an uptrend is beyond me.

Perhaps you don't know how to read candles? As you can clearly see, the q3 2012 candle closed higher than the q3 2011 candle. That is a 12 month period. So yes, the gold price closed higher now than 12 months ago. If you are trying to compare the peak of the candle wicks as the closing prices then you are making things up as you go along.

To keep calling you uneducated on this subject would be a waste of time. I think it's quite evident to all here that you know very little of what you speak.

I think you summed up this person earlier Jayman

wink.png

" But any old thing to come and show all how right you are about stuff you don't believe or support :"

Edited by Asiantravel

The gold bugs only want to show charts where the price appears to be going up, a one-way ticket, but the point (which they don't like to hear) is that it is volatile and as has been pointed out on numerous occasions we have a recent period where holding gold was a disaster for 20 years. Charts are more and sometimes less than a comfort blanket or a warm teddy bear to hold tightly with the other thumb being furiously suckled on.